• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Betting The Grand National - How to pick the winner

Prefix for Betting Threads
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=32420.msg837622#msg837622 date=1238859144]

[quote author=Loch Ness Monster link=topic=32420.msg837620#msg837620 date=1238858993]
100-1 winner. Mon Mome
WOW :eek:
[/quote]

My Dad had a tenner each way on it, the jammy fuck.

None of mine even placed !

[/quote]

My Dad had 50p each way on it! Not as good as your Dad but I reckon my Dad would beat up your Dad in a fight. So ner.

I had a pound EW on it. Well, the wife picked it, as there is no way I would have bet on the thing but, whoohooo, it's my docket. Though after she picked it I did check, and it fell within Ross's criteria. I did Ross's 3 picks, and let Aimee pick two on the basis of her favourite colours. Both of her horses finished, but not placed.

Ha, all that calculation and up pops a 100-1 outsider to win by 10 lengths.

Sums up the national.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=32420.msg838049#msg838049 date=1238874702]
I had a pound EW on it. Well, the wife picked it, as there is no way I would have bet on the thing but, whoohooo, it's my docket. Though after she picked it I did check, and it fell within Ross's criteria. I did Ross's 3 picks, and let Aimee pick two on the basis of her favourite colours. Both of her horses finished, but not placed.
[/quote]

Mrs VQ had a quid ew on it too -because she liked the name, which all goes to show the whole beauty of the National.
I feel robbed though I stuck with Black Apalachi, it was going to lead all the way and win it was looking so comfortable

regards

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=32420.msg838308#msg838308 date=1238924846]
[/quote]

Mrs VQ had a quid ew on it too -because she liked the name, which all goes to show the whole beauty of the National.
I feel robbed though I stuck with Black Apalachi, it was going to lead all the way and win it was looking so comfortable

regards
[/quote]

I also had an EW bet on Silver Birch- it was looking really comfortable, then bang.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=32420.msg838308#msg838308 date=1238924846]
[/quote]

regards
[/quote]

I thought it was looking very easy for Black Apalachi Vlad untill it got unlucky. Looks a very good horse, good stamina.

After the first circuit I was regretting not backing it. O'Regan got a bit too far forward on it and couldn't recover, it was a pity because he was looking remarkably strong.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=32420.msg838103#msg838103 date=1238877329]
Ha, all that calculation and up pops a 100-1 outsider to win by 10 lengths.

Sums up the national.
[/quote]

thing is fella for such a large race with 40 nags it has not been that unpredictable for years, one of the top boys normally wins or the winner meets 96% of the criteria.

This year has blown that, my run has come to an end and I had 20 angry mates cursing my tips this year. Ungrateful fuckers I have picked them winners for years.

Next year will be strange as a french young out of form horse won, still sticking to the stats though.

Back
Top Bottom