• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The High Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fundamental part of our play. It's like musing about whether city should try using a target man. What team are you watching?

Yes.

If you play a high pressing game you naturally keep a high line anyway.

Last thing you want is conceding a goal like we did to Newcastle were our back 4 were left exposed (far too deep) and Atsu has the centre of the pitch to himself.

Will work even better when Ali is back as he is much more comfortable roaming out of his box. Shouldn't have the team change tactics too much whilst we have an interim keeper in. Plus Adrian doens't seem too poor at it.

Imagine we are the ones sitting 5 points behind the leaders playing the exact same way as last season. The question “have we been found out” would definitely be asked.

I’m pleased to see we’re thinking and changing, especially if the introduction of VAR has been included in these decisions. It means the guys in charge are sharp and constantly thinking about how we can have the edge on rivals.

It scares me. This Red Bull team know we play the high line and will try to get behind us using their pace.
Other teams know that also, we're basically telling them to challenge our high line. So far everyone bar Napoli have failed.

Other teams know that also, we're basically telling them to challenge our high line. So far everyone bar Napoli have failed.
Exactly. We’re gonna play some of the top teams in Europe across this season and I don’t think Klopp would be pursuing this method of play if he thought it would leave us wide open at the back for 90 mins at a time. Sure, we will probably concede a few more goals along the way, but we’ll probably have the ball more and force more errors and so score more this way. We’ve already played City once this season and it wasn’t as though we were leaking goals galore.

I don’t get what people find great about it in all honesty.

Yeah, the rooms are bigger than most NY hotels and you get some closet space, but no tea and coffee facilities in the room meaning you have to drag your bedraggled self to some pompous coffee bar, manned almost exclusively by an out of work actor prick, first thing of a morn’ to watch said prick take fifteen minutes to make an ‘artisan’ coffee and pay $10 plus tip for it! Fuck that.

The area is cool, but not $500 a night cool.

They don’t even have a fucking reception!

I don’t get what people find great about it in all honesty.

Yeah, the rooms are bigger than most NY hotels and you get some closet space, but no tea and coffee facilities in the room meaning you have to drag your bedraggled self to some pompous coffee bar, manned almost exclusively by an out of work actor prick, first thing of a morn’ to watch said prick take fifteen minutes to make an ‘artisan’ coffee and pay $10 plus tip for it! Fuck that.

The area is cool, but not $500 a night cool.

They don’t even have a fucking reception!
What the fuck you talking bout Von?

What the fuck you talking bout Von?

He's talking about the high line in new york city. It's a pretty nifty rail overpass converted into a park, and has spurred the sort of rampant generic development around it that brings the likes of Google etc. Oh, and there's a pretty mediocre market that couldn't be more on the nose hipster, and a bunch of shit expensive bars.

Has any had change of mind after last night? At 3-1 up, we could have been more defensive, invited their attack and hit them on the counter.

Has any had change of mind after last night? At 3-1 up, we could have been more defensive, invited their attack and hit them on the counter.

The problem wasn't the high line. It was game management.

The problem was half the team were playing in conservative mode (and sitting back) looking to protect the lead.

Whilst the other half - mainly Mane, Salah, Hendo, Gini, were playing in (as Klopp described it "lively") attacking mode, looking to go forward and extend the lead.

We became disjointed and didn't have enough protection when we lost the ball.

Yesterday, we needed to do one or the other. Preferably the first, to conserve energy, and hit them on the counter. There are plenty games in the season, and the end to end basketball stuff isn't needed when you are 3-0 up. But Salah and Mane do seem like they want to fill their boots and pad their stats when they think we have a team on the ropes. They force things.

Let's hope they've learnt the lesson in the game as Klopp says, otherwise, we will end up dead on our feet come January.

When we went 4-3 up, the whole team was more conservative and RBS didn't have any chances of note.

The problem wasn't the high line. It was game management.

The problem was half the team were playing in conservative mode (and sitting back) looking to protect the lead.

Whilst the other half - mainly Mane, Salah, Hendo, Gini, were playing in (as Klopp described it "lively") attacking mode, looking to go forward and extend the lead.

We became disjointed and didn't have enough protection when we lost the ball.

Yesterday, we needed to do one or the other. Preferably the first, to conserve energy, and hit them on the counter. There are plenty games in the season, and the end to end basketball stuff isn't needed when you are 3-0 up. But Salah and Mane do seem like they want to fill their boots and pad their stats when they think we have a team on the ropes. They force things.

Let's hope they've learnt the lesson in the game as Klopp says, otherwise, we will end up dead on our feet come January.

When we went 4-3 up, the whole team was more conservative and RBS didn't have any chances of note.

Well, if that's the case then Klopp has to sub them and play tactically astute players.

Oh, we don't have any? We should have bloody signed someone in summer then.

Vardy will be the first real test of this high line I feel, and the Leicester full backs are well trained in his runs. If we manage him i think we'll be golden with it going forwards. Key will be to press those who release the balls in over the top, in this case Chilwell & Ricardo

Vardy will be the first real test of this high line I feel, and the Leicester full backs are well trained in his runs. If we manage him i think we'll be golden with it going forwards. Key will be to press those who release the balls in over the top, in this case Chilwell & Ricardo
This is the main reason I'm unsure if hell switch to 4-3-2-1.

Logic suggests he should as our midfield is leggy as fuck & needs a rest, but when you need to press from the midfield so much you really don't want either shakiri or Keita playing, or to effectively sacrifice Firmino (as he'd have to drop back to do much more work).

We may see that formation change for genk to get them working on it under less pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom