• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The 'Keep SCM Alive' Thread 2016

Yeah, as soon as he gets tied down with Mod duties he'll turn into a boring automaton, scared of having any strong or negative opinions, playing nicely at times but ruthlessly enforcing the Forum rules, LIKE ALL THE REST OF THEM.
Hahaha. I'm pretty sure I take more topics off thread than any other poster on here. My minds thought process resembles a ball of thread between a kittens paws & my posts often follow that same structure.

What back end tech does the site use out of curiosity?

They use cloud hostng solution

Gandi.net

Dual core Processor with 2gb ram running some legacy custom Linux os

Sadly the Linux distribution is so old it no longer supports recent versions of PHP, which xenforo 2.0 release will require a minimum of PHP 5.3.. We are on 5.2.11

So I have the task in creating a new server with a more recent Linux server and migrating the forums.

They use cloud hostng solution

Gandi.net

Sadly the Linux distribution is so old it no longer supports recent versions of PHP, which xenforo 2.0 release will require a minimum of PHP 5.3.. We are on 5.2.11

So I have the task in creating a new server with a more recent Linux server and migrating the forums.
I look forward to you doing that. What backbone are you considering for the new server?

Ahhh I forgot to add the VAT.. no matter We are fine

Paypal are also robbing bastards with their fees too..

£421 It cost for just under 2 years and 1 month and a bit

So we now have 2 years and 6 months and 9 Days left on the Hosting environment..

Xenforo Licences runs out now in October 25th 2018... Bought 2 years..

I will take care of the Domain renewals.. later this evening..

Thanks to all the donations so far.. you are all a bit Special.. :D

I will leave the donation on a little longer.. any more we receive I will just extend our stay to over 3years with the Hosting and put towards site improvements.. :D

Last edited:
We use cloud hostng solution

Gandi.net

So I have the task in creating a new server with a more recent Linux server and migrating the forums..

Pain in the arse [emoji16], but I will find the time at some point to do it..

Forgive my ignorance, but don't most web hosts keep you on the most up to date version of the software as a standard, or at the very least make it very easy to upgrade?

Forgive my ignorance, but don't most web hosts keep you on the most up to date version of the software as a standard, or at the very least make it very easy to upgrade?
This is a Do it yourself jobby..

Think it as leasing a server and you can configure it as you please..

Software, hardware, storage, literally everything..

Its prepaid, you then buy credits. Though the more credits you buy in bulk the discount then become massive.. 35%..

You then are charged credits based on your configuration.. You up the configuration your charged more, etc etc

The beauty is its adjustable as anytime.. I can even temporarily create a second server to run alongside if need be.. Which will be useful for the upgrade..

Last edited:
Can you keep the donation page open a while longer? This is a shit excuse I know but I'm sitting in an airport lounge and I don't have my account details with me.

Shit balls. I forgot to tick the gift box when sending my payment.

Let that be a lesson to you all.

I think you have to send outside the site donate link and mark as gift that way... Never mind..

Paypal charge 3.4% + 20p per transaction...

we have raised £720 (unbelievable amount)

Paypal have had £31.68 of it..

Last edited:
Will the donations made secure us early access rights to Dunc's book?

Wrong site mate. Red Ninja is writing the 6CM book, centred on the excitement around Rodgers' nearly season. It is provisionally titled:

We Should of One it! The Story of How Liverpool Should of Been Champs

Rumours are that Rosco is insisting on ghost writing it.

Wrong site mate. Red Ninja is writing the 6CM book, centred on the excitement around Rodgers' nearly season. It is provisionally titled:

We Should of One it! The Story of How Liverpool Should of Been Champs

Rumours are that Rosco is insisting on ghost writing it.

You missed the apostrophe:

We Should of One it! The Story of How Liverpool Should of Been Champ's

Will it also feature an expose of the Ryan/Dreamie middle aged gay love nest?

This is a Do it yourself jobby..

Think it as leasing a server and you can configure it as you please..

Software, hardware, storage, literally everything..

Its prepaid, you then buy credits. Though the more credits you buy in bulk the discount then become massive.. 35%..

You then are charged credits based on your configuration.. You up the configuration your charged more, etc etc

The beauty is its adjustable as anytime.. I can even temporarily create a second server to run alongside if need be.. Which will be useful for the upgrade..

How much more would the non DIY option be?

I'd like to offer my services as RedNinja's agent

Ninj, we can take these cunts to the fucking cleaners. They're LOST without you. You're the glue, the engine, the technical SUPERBRAIN behind it all.

DM me, we can talk %s

I'd like to offer my services as RedNinja's agent

Ninj, we can take these cunts to the fucking cleaners. They're LOST without you. You're the glue, the engine, the technical SUPERBRAIN behind it all.

DM me, we can talk %s

Look at Aidy Ward over here!!

Back
Top Bottom