• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The 'Keep SCM Alive' Thread 2016

Craig Charles wouldn't need to be in character to sound like that.

Reads more like the Flowerpot Men to me anyways.

By the way that anonymous donation of 50 quid was me!

ha as if

Kudos to Dee, Ryan and Beejay ( fucking moneybags the lot of them! )

He's done a helluva lot, when you remember what this site looked like when it was first setup, today's site is much slicker, more usable & a lot easier to use on the go too, all that's thanks to jono.

He's got a big job on moving the site server so it will run on the latest forum software too.

Hopefully one of the posters on here will be able to take the reins from him following that move.

Ermmm....yeh well done Jono for moving this site onto the new shiny software and stuff. Good luck whoevers taking over.

Ermmm....yeh well done Jono for moving this site onto the new shiny software and stuff. Good luck whoevers taking over.
Looks like your recent absence has made many of us (me included) forget your contribution to this place.
Sean, hope you're back.

Yeah, Jono deserves all our thanks, & doesnt often get it. That said I should mention that we wouldn't be here without first Stu (Ross' cousin) setting up the site, & then Sean, who stepped up to the plate when we would have been forced to close the site down, & then worked his bollocks off to change this site dramatically & got us on the best forum software around at the time, he, unfortunately, was rarely given the gratitude he deserved either.

The changes Jono has made since reflect the further shift in posting attitudes, we've seen a massive shift in the way people post on forums, with the bulk of it done on mobiles & tablets now, Jono has put a helluva shift in to ensure this forum kept up with the best around to enable people to use tapatalk & a responsive mobile theme that puts many commercial sites to shame.

Every one of these lads put in hours & hours of work to enable us to come here & chat shit on a daily basis, & be part of a great community, & I'm sad to say not one of them has been truly appreciated by anyone, including myself. They may get the occasional thanks, but they have worked, unpaid, behind the scenes more times than we ever considered, just to make sure this site works properly, with no recognition of that.

I frequent many forums, & with a few notable exceptions, only the very biggest with huge user bases, rival the consistency we have enjoyed on here in terms of uptime, site improvements & additions, & unfortunately we all take that for granted way too much.

So thank you, to each & every one of you lads, (I imagine Stu/Stig won't read this but no matter, Ross can tell him) & apologies for not saying this enough.

Last edited:
I like to think that they receive a kind of karmic payment, a general feeling of pride and love, when they see their diligence and hard work come to glorious fruition in threads like "So I Finally Got Round To Clearing Out My Shed", "For Future Reference - I Was Right All Along About The Transfers" and of course, the timeless masterpiece that is, simply, "Lucas".

You are blessed and good men.

EDIT: some of the stuff in The Vault should be published as a book. I've just re-read the Jade Goody thread (whatever happened to that towering dimwit Fox?), Aquilani (spiderneil at his imperious best) and the MILF one.

Lordy, amazing scenes. Brilliant.

Last edited:
I love an odd dip into the vault. The Arsenal game (Dreamy's "as you were" moment), the Bloodninja thread and Marky being a perv at the gym are some of the highlights.

Thanks for all your comments btw

I'm touched by the appreciation shown in this thread. I am humbled tbh.. This has evidently been shown by the number of donations.

I enjoy what I do, and kinda looks like I'm staying here [emoji3] and I am happy for that to be the case..

I do however need to someone to take the reigns for a short while.

Btw you are all still cunts* regardless. [emoji39]

*sitation needed.. @copyright by bob

Last edited:
I love an odd dip into the vault. The Arsenal game (Dreamy's "as you were" moment), the Bloodninja thread and Marky being a perv at the gym are some of the highlights.

I nearly spoiled the 'Full Dreamy' thread by initially bailing DB out by pointing out to him his glaring oversight. Farky immediately asked me to delete my post to let it ride and the rest was history.

As you were.

I nearly spoiled the 'Full Dreamy' thread by initially bailing DB out by pointing out to him his glaring oversight. Farky immediately asked me to delete my post to let it ride and the rest was history.

As you were.

I'm not sure that deleting the post, despite it pointing out his mistake, would have changed much

As you were.
Where is this post to be found?

I've just read that Arsenal thread for the first time. The first five pages are hilarious. Fair play to DB...I love the wee cunt.

I can't believe that was 7 years ago.

I also forgot that there was a time when people didn't think Paddy was a cunt.

Thanks for all your comments btw

I'm touched by the appreciation shown in this thread. I am humbled tbh.. This has evidently been shown by the number of donations.

I enjoy what I do, and kinda looks like I'm staying here [emoji3] and I am happy for that to be the case..

I do however need to someone to take the reigns for a short while.

Btw you are all still cunts* regardless. [emoji39]

*sitation needed.. @copyright by bob

Cheers for that video RN. Haven't watched that in a while. Still makes the spine tingle.

Dreamy? Or is there another Paddy?

I'm not even sure what Dreamy's name is actually
There was a poster called paddy who left a young girl mate of ILD alone in Lime Street waiting for a ticket for a match

Or something

The hatred has turned my memory to mush over the origins

Back
Top Bottom