• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Konate Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe RBL admitted they rushed Konate back too soon from his first injury, which is why his game time is so limited over the last few years. The concensus seems to be they if we keep him fit then he will be an absolute monster for us over the years, but let's see.

I think we would be nuts to even consider selling Phillips. I will sleep sound at night providing he remains in our squad and on the books. If a CB is to leave it should be Matip.

Phillips has definetly earned his place in the squad next season. The fact that he is nearly always available is also a huge advantage.

We need 5 CBs. Gomez and Virgil wont need to be rushed, and Matip cant seem to stay fit.

Gomez has had his problems in that respect as well, so yes, I reckon we need 5 too. I can also see big Nat getting some starts in his own right against the Burnleys of this world.

Last edited:
You should know better than to discuss and listen to the poster who told us that Virgil only had one leg when we signed him.

Ross has been known to right every now and then.

It is a bit of a worry though - hopefully the result is the same as Big Virg.

Ross has been known to right every now and then.

It is a bit of a worry though - hopefully the result is the same as Big Virg.

Every 20 years I think. Yeah, I can imagine that this is something they’ve studied in detail to green light.
The positive is that since his return from the hip injury in October, he’d been fit and available bar late December to late January with an ankle injury. So, no set back from the other injury.
The low amount of games is also down to being on the bench, i e both games against us.

Mate sent this to me earlier today saying that's the equivalent of Sanchez playing piano. But I'm an idiot and don't even understand what that gif is supposed to mean anyway, so I just thought it was some random boring shit

I reckon Gomez is fucked. One serious injury too many.

Well... if he is, we’ve made a mistake not grabbing Kabak while we could.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Matip retire - but Gomez is young enough to be able to get over these injuries.

Captaining the French u-21 side today against Netherlands.

That French team is stacked - Konate, Upamecano, Soumare, Aouar, Camavinga, Gouiri, Edouard, Diaby, Ikone.

Roll-call of top class talent.

Captaining the French u-21 side today against Netherlands.

That French team is stacked - Konate, Upamecano, Soumare, Aouar, Camavinga, Gouiri, Edouard, Diaby, Ikone.

Roll-call of top class talent.

Holy shit...
That team would get into the semi finals of the Euros.

Well... if he is, we’ve made a mistake not grabbing Kabak while we could.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Matip retire - but Gomez is young enough to be able to get over these injuries.
Or if requirements needs be we could get someone on loan.

Was a defensive fuckup you'll be please to know. Upamecano fucked off higher up the pitch to get in on an attack, Dutch countered and big konate played 2 players on.

Good stuff all round then.

Tried to set the Dutch player offside, close.

I think with 2 world cup wins behind them, they don’t give a fck unless it’s Le Pen family whinging...

I’m sure they don’t, and by looks of it they are probably favourites to win it again very soon. Just an observation that I’m sure doesn’t go unnoticed by some in France. They’ll be introducing a SA rugby union quota.

I’m sure they don’t, and by looks of it they are probably favourites to win it again very soon. Just an observation that I’m sure doesn’t go unnoticed by some in France. They’ll be introducing a SA rugby union quota.

Doubt it.
SA rugby union quota was introduced for completely differenh reasons and not even historically compareable.
Anyway French Tried it 15 yrs ago with various secret meetings and Le Blanc got in some trouble for being an attendee. His reputation never really recovered.
No one moans when it’s a team of non black footballers so why should it matter? Does that mean Burnley and Sean Dyche are breaking some kind of protocol?
If they want to provide Kante with an English passport then happy to take him.

Last edited:
Doubt it.
SA rugby union quota was introduced for completely differenh reasons and not even historically compareable.
Anyway French Tried it 15 yrs ago with various secret meetings and Le Blanc got in some trouble for being an attendee. His reputation never really recovered.
No one moans when it’s a team of non black footballers so why should it matter? Does that mean Burnley and Sean Dyche are breaking some kind of protocol?
If they want to provide Kante with a English passport then happy to takd him.

Thanks for that but it was tongue n cheek. I could give 2 flyin fucks what the french do.

Konate was decent and captained the side. Can't really fault his performance. France had the better chances by far but lacked a bit of composure upfront.

Aouar looked good. Meslier and Ikone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom