• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Konate Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joyce suggests the sticking point is how the £34m will be paid.

Leipzig are demanding it all in one lump sum or we can fuck off.

FSG refusing and want to spread it over 3 years.

We really are cheap cunts.

Joyce suggests the sticking point is how the £34m will be paid.

Leipzig are demanding it all in one lump sum or we can fuck off.

FSG refusing and want to spread it over 3 years.

We really are cheap cunts.

Like a vast majority of transfers? Very few all cash deals happen these days.

Is that right @Beamrider

Like a vast majority of transfers? Very few all cash deals happen these days.

Is that right @Beamrider
Virtually every deal that is negotiated between clubs will be paid in instalments - it's standard for clubs to agree to this, non-instalment deals are the exception, not the rule.
Release fees are potentially different. If a club is seeking to exploit a low release fee then, depending on the wording, there ins't necessarily an obligation to accept instalments. In Spain for example, where release clauses are bog-standard, I understand the full fee has to be deposited with La Liga before the clause becomes active.
However, I saw clauses that said "if a fee in excess of £X is offered, the Club will be required to accept". In that situation, there is strictly no requirement for it to be paid up-front. From the sounds of it, RBL have a clause that refers to a cash receipt.
So you then try to negotiate on the basis of paying a little extra by instalments, and RBL can borrow against the future instalments if they need the cash up-front (so the extra fee is set at an amount which would cover their finance costs (which sounds like what Joyce is talking about). Alternatively, you involve a financial intermediary at the buyer's end who will lend you the 2/3 shortfall in return for interest and fees. This latter option would probably be difficult for LFC given our significant bank facilities and loans from FSG (the intermediary would have to rank behind the bank in the event of insolvency and the bank would probably need to consent to the arrangements). So for LFC, the best way out of this is to offer RBL a bit of extra cash over and above the release clause so they're at least indifferent between full amount up-front and a higher fee by instalments.
This was the point I was making last year about Werner - although the asking fee seemed like a bargain (at the time, anyway) it sounded like RBL were insisting on the full amount up-front so it would have taken a huge chunk out of our (likely cash-based) summer transfer budget and left us with no money to spend on other deals. In the end, the rumour was that the Jota fee was staggered in our favour with not much up-front, so we were able to squeeze more value out of our budget.
If LFC were assuming £34m for Konate would be paid in 3 instalments then we would risk losing £23m from our cash budget, which probably equates to about £60m worth of player(s) (adjusting for agent fees).

Athletic (Pearce & Ornstein) also back up what Fabrizio Romano has tweeted.

- We intend to pay the release clause
- Will be €41m in full
- Won't be until after the Euros
- Kabak will not be staying (shame for the lad).
- Kabak may end up at Leipzig

However Romano has since tweeted

- He has completed his medical
- Will be announced BEFORE the Euros
- Fee €35m in full

E2PYulhXMAM5n4-

Paying in instalments is normal. This narrative that FSG are cheap is such a load of bollocks. This is what running a football club responsibly when you are not a Russian criminal or a Fucking Oil country looks like. Don’t like it, Fuck off and support one of those other cunts.

Just as an aside to the above ^^^^ post. I'm sure lots of people have said this before but whoever puts the effort in (and money - as The Athletic is a subscription site) I'm presuming it's @Hass. Fair play for taking the time to post these Athletic articles regularly - Your efforts are greatly appreciated Sir. Cheers!

I don't know if this guy will stay fit, but can I just say how freaking fast and powerful this guy is? Van Dijk would look the less impressive physical specimen next to him.

Like I said, I have big concerns about his fitness. But if those have been just part of his growing pains (the kind Gerrard had), and he makes it physically, I think he's going to be an absolute monster.

Ah look, we all wanted a CB. Looks like we're getting a tall fast one. Will come in handy as we play a high line and opposition teams surrender possession to us. His injury concerns is an obvious concern but we don't seem to factor this into our thinking do we? Klopp seems happy to take calculated risks on the players he wants. Doesn't always work out for us so it can be very frustrating. Anyway Super NAT will deputise when someone is injured. That should be CB sorted. Fingers crossed we don't lose three at the same time next season.

Just as an aside to the above ^^^^ post. I'm sure lots of people have said this before but whoever puts the effort in (and money - as The Athletic is a subscription site) I'm presuming it's @Hass. Fair play for taking the time to post these Athletic articles regularly - Your efforts are greatly appreciated Sir. Cheers!

Cheers mate, I honestly don't mind paying for it as it's very good content and I think it's only right I share it with you guys, the in depth analysis and coverage is second to none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom