• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Konate Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
His injury history looks worrying but i trust our medical team. Great to get business done early.

I suspect he’ll start the season as it might be a step too far for both VVD and Gomez to be match fit after long lay offs.

I wonder if Jurgen would consider switching his 2nd formation to a 343?

=========Alli

=====Gomez Virg Konate

TAA==================Robbo

====Fabinbo==Hendo/Thiago

Salah===Bobby/Diogo/Mane===Mane/Diogo

JoeGo and Konate are quick enough and mobile enough to play the wide CB roles.
TAA and Robbo playing advanced would allow less defensive responsibilities on Sadio and Mo.
TAA and Robbo themselves will be able to have higher starting positions.

As I said, I think it's a good plan B formation to unbalance teams, in the last 15mins, if we are struggling for a goal and want to get a few more crosses in the box.

The silver lining is Big Nat is going to play lots

Ross, I love your love of Big Nat, I have to say. He's immense. I'm sure everyone else will lap up some perma-crock slick cunt who can ping a 30 yard drooler once a season and dine off it, but Nat will be the one walking through the battlefield, like the Black Night off The Holy Grail, shouting "tis but a scratch!", while Pickford is volleying his decapitated head into his own net.

Ross, I love your love of Big Nat, I have to say. He's immense. I'm sure everyone else will lap up some perma-crock slick cunt who can ping a 30 yard drooler once a season and dine off it, but Nat will be the one walking through the battlefield, like the Black Night off The Holy Grail, shouting "tis but a scratch!", while Pickford is volleying his decapitated head into his own net.

How could anyone not like him ?

He just keeps getting the job done.
I see the potential with Konate, but that hip surgery and all of his other injuries are a bigger red flag than Keita's fake driving licence conviction.

I think I read that Konate is going to be playing in the Euro but for the U21s.....How many great CBs do Franc have that Konate is not good enough for the main team? Also Laporte can even get into the French team, they must be stacked to the brim...Whereas England sweating on the fitness of Harry Maguire...

E2f6kErWYAoNVEq

How could anyone not like him ?

He just keeps getting the job done.
I see the potential with Konate, but that hip surgery and all of his other injuries are a bigger red flag than Keita's fake driving licence conviction.

Konaté seems to have played 3 more league games in total over the last 2 seasons than Matip.

Thats definitely a bit of a worry.

I believe RBL admitted they rushed Konate back too soon from his first injury, which is why his game time is so limited over the last few years. The concensus seems to be they if we keep him fit then he will be an absolute monster for us over the years, but let's see.

I think we would be nuts to even consider selling Phillips. I will sleep sound at night providing he remains in our squad and on the books. If a CB is to leave it should be Matip.

Konaté seems to have played 3 more league games in total over the last 2 seasons than Matip.

Thats definitely a bit of a worry.

You should know better than to discuss and listen to the poster who told us that Virgil only had one leg when we signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom