• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Lions

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=32866.msg898997#msg898997 date=1246562576]

Powell doesn't make one Test squad ......
[/quote]

Powell is too good to play against the SA's.

Still think that ROG is the bestest player in the whole world?

Anyone watch today ?

Electric performance from the Lions, particularly in the first half.

Missed it, tho' heard snatches on the radio. Nice win and I'll take it, but it still hurt to see an SSN clip of Smit lifting the series trophy.

Great game once again, and to be fair a very good series indeed. Our boys should take a lot of confidence from this for future internationals.

The "Justice" armbands though were pathetic.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=32866.msg900425#msg900425 date=1246742443]
Great game once again, and to be fair a very good series indeed. Our boys should take a lot of confidence from this for future internationals.

[/quote]

Yeah , how fucking precious were they ? Absolutely ridiculous.

Quite agree. I reckon it was part of the effort to claim equivalence between their on-field behaviour and that of the Lions. Hopeless.

You should try to catch the highlights JJ, we played some outrageously good rugby in the first half yesterday. Probably the best rugby the Lions have played during the tour.

Flutey had a superb game , Shane Williams looked close to his best, Kearney put himself in the frame for player of thr tour. Vickery redeemed himself (his comments in the press conference on Friday were priceless too), and the rest of the pack ensured we got a bit of dominance over possession too. Heaslip was probably MOTM, Worsely had a top notch first half but was a bit subdued after an injury at the end of the half.

Very enjoyable game to watch.

Sounds good. I'll certainly try.

Kearney would indeed be my man of the tour. I don't think there can ever have been a better display from a Lions fullback than he served up in the Second Test. He and Shaw in particular were outrageously unlucky to finish on the losing side that day.

You know that your team played well when you can't think of a single player that wasn't top notch.

So tricky to try to pick out just one player, but the following were all superb.

Heaslip
Phillips
Shaw
Kearney
Flutey
O'Connell

The future certainly looks bright for Welsh and Irish rugby in particular, with so many young & talented players coming through.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=32866.msg900623#msg900623 date=1246792530]
[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=32866.msg900425#msg900425 date=1246742443]

[/quote]

Yeah , how fucking precious were they ? Absolutely ridiculous.

[/quote]

It was just shocking.

When i heard the commentator state the reason i honestly thought that they had got it wrong, i just couldn't believe that they'd make that much fuss over a 2 week ban.

There IS justice in the world after all.

Hopefully that clown of a coach of theirs will lose his job over this.

Back
Top Bottom