• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The MANAGER - Jurgen KLOPP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two other big managers in recent years:

Mourinho, I'm convinced, only really gets pleasure from believing that other people are suffering because his team has won; he seems to take zero satisfaction from the fact of winning, and all satisfaction from knowing that others have lost. That's why I despise him so much.

Guardiola: he's just soulless. Yes, he gets his teams playing well, but does he actually enjoy it? It's all about adding another line to his record. If he's beaten, he's like some sullen 12 year old.

Neither of them show you why anyone should enjoy the game.

That's how Klopp is different. He's extremely competitive, like them, but he doesn't seem to have any negativity at all. He does what he does to enjoy it. There's no desire to see others lose, just a desire to see his team win. There are no real mind games, no tiresome digs at other managers and clubs, no forced rivalries. He just wants to experience as much enjoyment as possible from the game. That's why so many fans of other clubs like him. We're amazingly lucky to have him.

Mourinho, I'm convinced, only really gets pleasure from believing that other people are suffering because his team has won; he seems to take zero satisfaction from the fact of winning, and all satisfaction from knowing that others have lost. That's why I despise him so much.

Guardiola: he's just soulless. Yes, he gets his teams playing well, but does he actually enjoy it? It's all about adding another line to his record. If he's beaten, he's like some sullen 12 year old.

That's how Klopp is different. He's extremely competitive, like them, but he doesn't seem to have any negativity at all. He does what he does to enjoy it. There's no desire to see others lose, just a desire to see his team win. There are no real mind games, no tiresome digs at other managers and clubs, no forced rivalries. He just wants to experience as much enjoyment as possible from the game. That's why so many fans of other clubs like him. We're amazingly lucky to have him.
Absolutely. One of the things I really like about him and I'm not sure how much it comes across to others - He's a very spiritual guy and it really does pour out of him. I can't really explain it. There is a complete sense of utter humility with him that comes across as so genuine. As @gkmacca said. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a manager that is so liked by other clubs and fans. Some grudgingly but ultimately they really do. Not that I care what other fans think anyway. To echo GK - We are so lucky to have him steering the ship. A proper legend.

Don't agree on those comments regarding Mourinho - think when he is manager it is an act driven by a desire to win, but we saw the real Jose when he became a pundit - and a very good one. Guardiola - yes a sad loser but would not go as far as saying he is soulless - again a desire to win. Our Klopp is very emotional guy on and off the pitch but he does have his moments where he can lose his shit and to be honest if he did not have those moments then we would win fuck all - he has a ruthless streak to him which every successful manager needs. He does get upset and has had a go at opposition teams like AM after we got knocked out of CL, and also if you recall his outburst after drawing with WBA two seasons ago - I thought his outburst was so funny - it was like "why the fuck are they going to achieve by drawing with us...." - later on he said in an interview that he was talking ballshit.

But I agree with you in the way he keeps out of arguments with other managers and forced rivalries - and to be honest I think it has a lot to do with his upbringing and being totally comfortable with himself. He is a mentality monster himself - I mean we lost 3 cup finals and a title run with him before we started winning stuff, and before that he was losing with Dortmund - many men would have been broken by that losing run of finals and leagues. So I think his emotional outbreak yesterday was kind of a self-redemption and his own comeback to the big time.

I think there are so many reasons why it's worked out so well.

One is that his ethos and values system reaslly does reflect the city and the people. He has a very strong left wing leaning which reflects many Liverpudlians vies as well. Thats part of why Shankly clicked so well too. It's not just about the football.

And many have mentioned it, but his man-management is incredible. Many of us have seen really good players wear the Red. Very often though there were plenty of weaknesses, and very often we had to admit that some players were not only more talented, they were also more interested. The best managers are able to get EVERYONE on board and everyone runs through walls for the gaffer. They really do think of him like their dad and are desperate to play well for him. With due respect, we've had great managers but none could get EVERYONE on board. When he says 'we do it for Carol and Caroline', you know he means it.

That's a great foundation to start from. I also think he has great vision in seeing what many dont.

We always joke about how lucky we are to have him; and it's not just because of the success.
I think we're a better team because he makes them better people, and not just better players

He even makes me a better person lol

Maureen is a narcist, which is why he gets upset when he is questioned. I think by taking stepdown by taking charge of Spurs, he has taken a slice of humble pie.
Pep is a perfectionist and does care what other people think, which is why he sulks when city lose. He is also probably envious of some of Klopps people's skill.
Klopp has no airs or graces about him. Pushed by faith to be humble and meek, that he makes ordinary feel special. To the owners he is a God send, watch this video

Absolutely. One of the things I really like about him and I'm not sure how much it comes across to others - He's a very spiritual guy and it really does pour out of him. I can't really explain it. There is a complete sense of utter humility with him that comes across as so genuine. As @gkmacca said. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a manager that is so liked by other clubs and fans. Some grudgingly but ultimately they really do. Not that I care what other fans think anyway. To echo GK - We are so lucky to have him steering the ship. A proper legend.

I know Christianity gets a bad rap and rightly so a lot of the time, but Klopp is one example of a devout Lutheran who actually lives the values being preached. I’m sure A LOT of his wealth goes to charity work, anonymously of course. But more importantly the way he treats people you really sense it doesn’t matter to him if you’re a janitor at the club or a celebrity - the same amount of human-to-human respect for everyone and he demands it from his players too.

Untouchable.

Even if he left tomorrow he’d be a hero for life.

The only thing to do now is go back to back.

Aint that the truth... and to think a few years back we were reading "let's talk about Klopp" threads...

We need to do it again... It's the Liverpool way...

That said, I'm not liking the way Chelsea have strengthened with lots of good young lads... Manure seem to be waking up as well... CIty... I hope they stay banned and it fucks em up...

Don't agree on those comments regarding Mourinho - think when he is manager it is an act driven by a desire to win,

I think there's an emptiness there. Take all of the self-conscious show of throwing his medal into the crowd and strolling off down the tunnel, blank-faced, while his players celebrated. Someone who really enjoys winning doesn't do that. And when he does celebrate, he usually does so only to goad the fans who've lost - he runs down the line towards them rather than towards his own team's fans, he takes more pleasure from 'shushing' the opposition than in applauding his own team and fans. I think there's just something very shallow (and, deep down, strangely insecure) about the guy.

Can I cheekily hint at the infamous title

"Thanks for the title, now f... Off..." ;p

No, I am not one of them. We are really lucky to have Klopp. Love him to bits, not in a gay way.

I think there's an emptiness there. Take all of the self-conscious show of throwing his medal into the crowd and strolling off down the tunnel, blank-faced, while his players celebrated. Someone who really enjoys winning doesn't do that. And when he does celebrate, he usually does so only to goad the fans who've lost - he runs down the line towards them rather than towards his own team's fans, he takes more pleasure from 'shushing' the opposition than in applauding his own team and fans. I think there's just something very shallow (and, deep down, strangely insecure) about the guy.

Klopp loves football, Mourinho doesn't, at least not when in a job.

Top post as per and I particularly agree about the insecurity bit. It was painfully obvious when Rafa was our manager that Mourinho (a) looked up to him - sometimes literally, when they were standing on the touchline during games - and (b) hated doing so. This may be partly due to the fact that the LFC board preferred Rafa to him when we were looking to replace GH, but I've also heard that in Spanish football circles he's sometimes referred to as "The Translator", which wouldn't exactly spiff up his self-esteem. Last but not least, I wonder whether it's the root cause of (i) his crabwise, uber-conservative brand of football and (ii) his history of fouling his own nest and moving on three years or so after taking a job, because he knows he and his preferred style of play won't sustain a successful long-term "project".

Hey, hey, I started the thread for Klopp. What's this Mourinho talk? Fuck him. He may have won a lot of trophies, like Ancelotti, Guardiola and all, they did it with a lot of money in their pocket. Of course you still need to be extremely good to land such top job, but in terms of ability to build a team, these guys are nowhere near what Klopp could do. There are only 3 managers, Klopp included, in the Premier League era that had built a very strong side from ground up - Ferguson, Wenger and now Klopp.

Jürgen is the only manager to win the premier league and champions league during the first 4 years in the job.

Football started in 92 kind of stat.

I think Clough could’ve done it with Forest.

Edit: Clough did it earlier than Paisley. I also checked Villa and the league winning manager didn’t win the 82 European Cup.

Last edited:
I can't say enough positive things about the man.

He really did turn me from a doubter into a believer. The Xmas number 1 curse is broken. Going forward, surely if we are top on Xmas day, no one is going to doubt whether we are going to blow it and "do a Liverpool" (tiresome joke)

The songs of "we are going to win the league" is no longer going to be met with laughter, contempt and derision from our rivals. Instead, it will be met with fear of impending doom.

He even makes me a better person lol

You're a great person, even without Klopp helping you though A.

He turned us from doubters to believers ...
He demanded we show proper faith in the team - stop leaving early etc ...
He said in his opening press conference that he thinks we'd win the league within 4 years ... a prophet.
Danke Jurgen ... What a fucking out of this world manager, and a generally great bloke.

I can't say enough positive things about the man.

He really did turn me from a doubter into a believer. The Xmas number 1 curse is broken. Going forward, surely if we are top on Xmas day, no one is going to doubt whether we are going to blow it and "do a Liverpool" (tiresome joke)

The songs of "we are going to win the league" is no longer going to be met with laughter, contempt and derision from our rivals. Instead, it will be met with fear of impending doom.
From Boom-Bust to Boom-Boom

Has Klopp decided buy a house in the North West yet? I know he was renting BR's former home. Turns out Klopp now lives rent-free, as the club have paid Rogers £3.75m for his Formby home.

I see what you are saying about pep but I don't think he is soulless in that way. I think his team's play memorising football but because he's enjoyed managing 2 'pop-up' teams I think sometimes his joy can never really reach the same heights as when he was with barca or come closer to the satisfaction that Klopp regularly enjoys. There is no struggle for pep regarding having to make transfers work like compared to Klopp. When we buy a naby Keita we expect some return on that investment but city can buy 2 or 3 naby keitas and not really care of it works out our not. I do think he is passionate guy but that satisfaction is limited by the financial domination city enjoy.

Thank you Ulla Klopp
[article]
Speaking to TV2 in Norway, Thompson said: "I interviewed Klopp for Sky, and I asked if he and Liverpool were created for each other. He looked at me and asked 'Why?'.
"Then Klopp told me he could have taken over Manchester United, but his wife said it wasn't right.
"When Liverpool arrived, his wife said it was right. There is something strange there. It is as if he's created for Liverpool."
[/article]

I think Clough could’ve done it with Forest.

Edit: Clough did it earlier than Paisley. I also checked Villa and the league winning manager didn’t win the 82 European Cup.

I think this is an age thing :) Ron Saunders was an excellent manager and the architect of the team that won the European Cup. He just wasn't ours! lol

He didn’t win it. He ended up having a strop and resigning when in the quarters. That’s what I’ve read anyway. I was 2 at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom