• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries happened..... Forcing either Klopp to change his mind or FSG to open the cheque book.
His previous press conference, it was a case of money and this presser, "it was all my fault".
Neves won't be cheap, but he is built like brick shit house and moves like one. But the guy can spray the ball, he is the closest thing to Thiago
When you imply he moves like a shit brick house, do you mean slow? If so that's the last thing we need in an already slow build up play midfield with no pace. The reason, we look like hardly scoring these days is because we are never quick enough to catch the opposition defences out of position.
No we need box to box with dribbling ability, that only leaves Jong or Dong or whatever his name is. If we can't get him, then fuck it, no point signing anyone. I also think it will do good for FSG and maybe Klopp to suffer a little over their gambling decisions given that they should have learnt from that other season without defenders and also how unreliable the midfielders are. Its a shame as we fans have to suffer, but I am ready for this, and finishing outside top 4. The stupidity and arrogance of the decision making by not realising we will lose at least 2 to 3 mids next season and not getting someone in this season to prepare, just makes me think that it's not just Trent that has started to think he can do whatever he likes, it's also the manager and club owners.

When you imply he moves like a shit brick house, do you mean slow? If so that's the last thing we need in an already slow build up play midfield with no pace. The reason, we look like hardly scoring these days is because we are never quick enough to catch the opposition defences out of position.
No we need box to box with dribbling ability, that only leaves Jong or Dong or whatever his name is. If we can't get him, then fuck it, no point signing anyone. I also think it will do good for FSG and maybe Klopp to suffer a little over their gambling decisions given that they should have learnt from that other season without defenders and also how unreliable the midfielders are. Its a shame as we fans have to suffer, but I am ready for this, and finishing outside top 4. The stupidity and arrogance of the decision making by not realising we will lose at least 2 to 3 mids next season and not getting someone in this season to prepare, just makes me think that it's not just Trent that has started to think he can do whatever he likes, it's also the manager and club owners.
Do you remember Xabi Alonso, slow as a milk van but boy, did he pull strings? Neves is a brilliant acquisition if we can get him, and check his injury record out, doesn't have many sick days. Right now were missing Thiago, Neves can fill those boots. If you want players to run from deep Then you have Elliott and Fab C.

Do you remember Xabi Alonso, slow as a milk van but boy, did he pull strings? Neves is a brilliant acquisition if we can get him, and check his injury record out, doesn't have many sick days. Right now were missing Thiago, Neves can fill those boots. If you want players to run from deep Then you have Elliott and Fab C.

Of course I do, thought he was too slow, but great passer from deep.

If I find John Henry, I’ll be telling him that the most fiscally prudent way to solve our problems is not to purchase a new midfielder, but to triple my current salary, pay off my mortage, fly me first class from Australia, put me up in the Titanic and have me here for all the home games.

It’s a sacrifice I’m prepared to make and it’ll cost less than buying a player.

Moron can pretend I’m a midfielder if it helps him.

looks more like he did the wanker thing than thumbs up

but he also looks really awkward, kind of like a reptile in a man suit
If that was after the game, he is probably thinking 'what the fuck are they smoking, we just smacked a team 9 - 0'
@StevieM - I already thunk you are Steven Gerrard so yeah a midfielder.

I’m actually willing to risk not buying anyone this window and go big on Jude in January.

I think we’ll be fine with what we’ve got. We lost to the mancs not because of lack of quality but cos of lack of attitude and fighting spirit.

Especially with Fabinho. When he decides to turn up, the whole team benefit from it.

Frenkie de Jong?
De Jong is a messy transfer..... Clubs should let Barca as come Jan they'll have a fire sale.
90min saying Konrad Laimer and Neves are being talked about. I'd be happy with that. It would replace Keita, Ox and give cover for Thiago.

If us buying De Jong means City lose Silva then I’m all in on it.

The ideal scenario is Barca keep de Jong, fuck up their finance more leaving them desperate to offload Gavi & Pedri to us cheaply in January.

In the meantime, Silva, despite being a “wee shite” admits that he can no longer resist the urge to get regular Klopp hugs and decides to force a move to us… where we ca welcome him as “our wee shite now”.

Done…. I have forseen it!!!!

I don't want anyone of them. Haven't we learned yet all these decades ? No more bang average players.

We either wait for the right one or none at all.

In case anyone forgets, try to spare some thought for these great servants okay - Meireles, Diao, Cheyrou, Aquilani, Gonzalez, Downing, Şahin, Adam, Joe Cole, Jovanovic, Markovic, and many, many more.

Yep. Thiago out for a while. Which leaves either and ageing or inexperienced midfield, apart from Fabs. League will be well and truly gone by the end of this year unless we get someone in and fast.

Yeah - I think, as much as I love Milner, I think we’ve kept him too long. That might be because we expected Jones to breakthrough more, but he hasn’t for whatever reason.

Keita, I would have probably moved on and replaced - that shot in the CL final was the end for me - Harvey is a better option.

Morton can replace Ox next season, for me.

Jude should be the Thiago replacement, so we do also need to be thinking about a Hendo replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom