• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Olympics

You old cynic you.
Really ?

We've seen numerous athletes who never failed a drugs test ultimately get caught through other means.

Lance Armstrong being the most well known.

We've seen the entire Russian athletics team engage in systematic doping - did any of them fail tests ?

You have to be extremely naive to think that so long as they don't fail a test they're clean.

In the 100m Justin Gatlin is a world renowned doper. Are you naive enough to think Bolt can beat him while he's clean ?

I find it surprising that Bolt does all his training in Jamaica.

But i think this explains why he does:

Jamaica's most senior drug tester says the country's recent rash of failed tests might be the "tip of an iceberg".

Dr Paul Wright told the BBC that the Caribbean island's anti-doping regime had been woefully short of the international standards required.

His comments come a week after the World Anti-Doping Agency (Wada) visited Jamaica to investigate claims that the country's athletes were not being tested rigorously enough.

Former Jamaican Anti-Doping Commission (Jadco) executive director Renee Anne Shirley sparked the crisis when she said the agency conducted just one out-of-competition test in the six months leading up to the 2012 Olympic Games in London.

Mo Farah - i don't think he's ever failed a test but he's dodged a few. And works with two dodgy coaches doesn't he ? Salazar and Aden :

The coach of some of the world’s most famous distance runners was arrested in Spain on Monday in a sting operation that rocked athletics once again.

Jama Aden, coach of poster girl and world-record holder Genzebe Dibaba, was found with EPO and other banned substances in a hotel outside Barcelona.

He was detained by Spanish police along with an unnamed trainer from Morocco as 22 athletes who were also guests at the Sabadell hotel, including Ethiopia’s Dibaba, were drug-tested. The raid came after four weeks of round-the-clock surveillance following a three-year investigation Sportsmail has been working on with the IAAF world governing body since last year.

Doping: Kenya sends coach home after posing as athlete for dope test | Reuters
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN10M276

I'm sure there's many more

Just like you to make excuses for the irishman!

Surely the whole point of peaking at a tournament is the fact you are aiming for pb's - she is very young and is more likely get pb's as she hasn't had as much senior competition. Far more difficult for a senior athelete with years of competing behind her.

If you are so disposed you could look at every gold medal winner and say doper, a bit like Rosco does ( apart from any Irish competitor ) I was disappointed JEH didn't win but she wasn't at her peak and as far as I can see beaten by an amazing new talent who clicked on the day.

You can click on a day for 1 or 2 personal bests - But 5 out of 7 to WIN the competition? Please @tony, that's naive at best.

And yes, I am a bit cynical on most athletes and tend to have a blind eye towards our own. It's natural.

I've always been dubious of the Jamaican regime - read an article a while ago that made similar comments to Ross's above - that they go through very long periods of no testing and avoid competitions to stay in Jamaica to train. There are a wealth of PEDs they can be using during this time that they flush out of the system in order to pass tests come competition time. It will be an interesting time with Bolt is outed.

Really ?

We've seen numerous athletes who never failed a drugs test ultimately get caught through other means.

Lance Armstrong being the most well known.

We've seen the entire Russian athletics team engage in systematic doping - did any of them fail tests ?

You have to be extremely naive to think that so long as they don't fail a test they're clean.

In the 100m Justin Gatlin is a world renowned doper. Are you naive enough to think Bolt can beat him while he's clean ?

I find it surprising that Bolt does all his training in Jamaica.

But i think this explains why he does:

Mo Farah - i don't think he's ever failed a test but he's dodged a few. And works with two dodgy coaches doesn't he ? Salazar and Aden :

Doping: Kenya sends coach home after posing as athlete for dope test | Reuters
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN10M276

I'm sure there's many more
#

Of course I am not naive, I am a cycling fan so am inured to doping, however, it is a bit unfair to say ALL athletes are doping as that is completely unsubstantiated. As far as testing is concerned this is becoming more and more sensitive and the dopers are being weeded out retrospectively.
As for Mo Farah, most athletes have missed a test, it is a very onerous system to state where you will be every hour of every day months in advance. Unfair to cast aspersions therefore.

The womens 400m winner is coached by the guy mentioned in this article:

The United States Anti Doping Agency has warned against sensationalism in the case of Gay and called upon the world to presume innocence until the investigation into his failed drug test is complete.

With so few details about the circumstances of his positive test – it is not yet known whether the substance was a minor stimulant or a heavy-duty steroid – it would be wrong to jump to too many conclusions. But news of his positive test is perhaps less surprising than Powell’s.

Two years ago, his training partner, Jamaican sprinter Steve Mullings received a life ban after testing positive for a diuretic.

Last month, Jamaican double Olympic champion Veronica Campbell-Brown failed a drug test for the same substance. She trains on the same track in Clermont, Florida, and also used to be part of the same training group.

That group is coached by Lance Brauman, who is not exactly a shining example of moral rectitude. In 2006 he was jailed for embezzlement, theft and mail fraud.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They all dope.
And we are winning at the doping.
Go GB

Another robbery in the boxing ring as Conlon is cheated out of a medal.
Fantastic interview though.

Watched that fight. He fucking battered the Russian but still lost. Incredible! Yes the interview will be viral I'd say.

They spelled his name wrong ... but I laughed ...

14068203_10153589438211467_8749367016213636579_n.jpg

Those judges have been dropped from the Olympics today
And now Billy Walsh is saying his American fighter is getting a walkover tomorrow because the Russian guy isn't fit to fight (because of the damage Conlan did him)

Laughable stuff

Back
Top Bottom