• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Ryder Cup

Anyways well done America, but expect a proper test of Golf next time in France, that course is truly tough with a brilliant last three holes

How fitting that it'll be lost by Westwood on the 18th. 2 up on the 16th, he's found a way to lose. It takes a special talent.

There's a reason why the silly fucker hasn't won a major, incredible he lost today and fucked up with 2 to go.

Poor week for Westwood, Willet, Kaymer, Wood, Fitzpatrick.
Average for Rose.
Great stuff from Pieters, Rory, Sergio, Henrik, Rafa

There's a reason why the silly fucker hasn't won a major, incredible he lost today and fucked up with 2 to go.

Poor week for Westwood, Willet, Kaymer, Wood, Fitzpatrick.
Average for Rose.
Great stuff from Pieters, Rory, Sergio, Henrik, Rafa

Leave Wood out of it, won one out of one so far and has taken Dustin Johnson - THE WORLD NO 1 to the last hole.

I don't know why, but I have a strong feeling USA will win by 5 clear points this time round. Woods presence will clearly unsettle some of our rookies, while it will inspire some of theirs.

Usually I'm all pumped up for it, but this time I'm not.
Well if we are going to play this game @leftpeg...

Dustin Johnson looks like the kind of guy you see next to a headline that says something like 'local businessman and father of three was set upon and beaten to death by a gang of youths in a MacDonalds car park' and you see his pic and think, yeah, fair enough, I'm with the kids on this one

Love the negativity in here. Clarke didn't do too badly. Let's give him a chance to have a go at them at home

He picked Westwood, who yep didn't play well. But had huge experience and we needed that. Can't go there with a team of fucking rookies. Same with kaymer. There's a guy who holes the winning putt last time round.

Willett was shite but what can Clarke do about that? He was an auto selection.

At the end of the day, the yanks were better and we all knew it before the tournament anyway.

Let's just be happy that we have a few rookies with a bit of experience now, pieters, Fitzpatrick, Wood, etc are the future.

Love the negativity in here. Clarke didn't do too badly. Let's give him a chance to have a go at them at home

He picked Westwood, who yep didn't play well. But had huge experience and we needed that. Can't go there with a team of fucking rookies. Same with kaymer. There's a guy who holes the winning putt last time round.

Willett was shite but what can Clarke do about that? He was an auto selection.

At the end of the day, the yanks were better and we all knew it before the tournament anyway.

Let's just be happy that we have a few rookies with a bit of experience now, pieters, Fitzpatrick, Wood, etc are the future.

Yeah, was gonna say something similar. Easy to criticise Clarke, but when the players don't perform - you're always going to get the 'poor captain' stick.

A captain makes thousands of decisions before and during the Ryder Cup - of course he's going to get some wrong.

On the wrong count; selecting Westwood, not picking Cabrera-Bello on Saturday afternoon, and putting Rose out so often with Stenson.

But there's plenty he got right; particularly the Pieters pick - which was ballsy as fuck at the time, partnering him with McIlroy too, and selecting risky fourballs on Friday to get us back into it.

At the end of the day, he has little control over going 4-zip down on the first morning, it's not his fault that Justin Rose can't hole a fucking putt in a weekend of golf, and what's he supposed to do if Westwood misses putts from inside 3 feet consecutively. Sure I get the 'he picked his mate' stuff, but this was a team replete with inexperience in Wood, Fitzpatrick, Sullivan, Willett, CB, etc - he HAD to pick experience with his selections. I daresay he didn't think his 'mate' - a 20 year pro would let him and his continent down so badly when it mattered.

At the end of the day, America had better players play better golf.

Great post Ry, exactly my thoughts.

We needed someone in there who had been there and done it before. It was the right pick with Westwood. Just didn't turn out as we would like. Not Clarkes fault in the slightest.

Mcilroy, Stenson, Pieters. They are the main men next time around. Need to build around them.

Just a comment on Reed. I know a lot of people hating him but you have to admire the lad. He's like our Poulter. The golf he played this week was incredible and he just gets everything going for them. Awesome performance. You'd think if Rory was playing anyone else then it was a point for Europe.

Yep, totally agree on Reed. Golf isn't just about hitting flag-molesters all day long, it's about being able to withstand serious heat and still keep your nerve. That's why that cunt will win majors, and why your Lee Westwood's of the world won't.

The reason why I'm saying Clarke was a poot captain wasn't for selecting Westwood in the first place, it was for 2 different reasons.

1 his selections on Saturday afternoon.
2 he was pretty anonymous on the course until Yesterday.

Of course the latter could have been just the media, but i had the image of Clarke doing fist pumps etc. I didn't see any of that.

I don't think the Americans are better, sure they are better putters but tee to green? There was zippo penalty for missing the fairways, ffs Mickelson and Garcia shared 19 birdies in that match 19!!! They made it a putting contest which is fair enough. Cannot wait how they fare next time on a course where if you hit the ball 50yds off course the ball won't be sitting up like a nuns nipple.

Brilliant match between Mickleson and Sergio yesterday. But the fucking Yank commentators kept bigging Philly up about his 10 birdies or whatever it was, yet Garcia matched him all the way and they wouldn't give him any praise.

As for Westwood, what a fucking bottler.

Brilliant match between Mickleson and Sergio yesterday. But the fucking Yank commentators kept bigging Philly up about his 10 birdies or whatever it was, yet Garcia matched him all the way and they wouldn't give him any praise.

As for Westwood, what a fucking bottler.

Butch Harmon was doing the same on Sky.

Apropos 'Captain Clarke'. It all just felt a little matey...picking Westwood, putting him out there on the first morning when he had little or no form to justify it. Even at the opening ceremony when he singled out his manager, Chubby Chandler, for thanks. What the fuck was that all about? Can you imagine McGinley, or Olazabal, or Montgomerie or any other European captain (with the exception of Faldo) doing that? Can you imagine Davis Love or any other recent US captain doing that? I wonder how much input Chubby had to the wildcard picks...especially given that he also looks after Westwood.

And on the selection of Pieters, that wasn't ballsy...it was the blindingly obvious. The lad has looked like the next European superstar for some time. In the run-up to the captain making his picks he finished 4th in the Olympics, 2nd in the penultimate qualifying event and he won the last one having shot 62 in the first round, while playing with the captain. If Clarke hadn't picked him it would have been an outrage.

Europe needs to get serious about the captaincy...just as the US did when it ignored the familiar selection policy based on 'who is the next in line' and went back to the best man for the job...Love. So Europe's captain next time can't be Westwood or Thomas Bjorn. It has to be Harrington.

Back
Top Bottom