• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll The sack race

Prefix for Poll Threads

Which manager will be sacked first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva seems to have been effectively sacked, they are just thinking about the timing.

Considering Everton play Leceister then us, Chelsea and Man Utd next, I'm surprised they haven't acted sooner. I'm guessing they'll 'bounce a'gainst us.

Yay - we get to sack him :)

Everton manager Marco Silva could be given two more games in charge as major shareholder Farhad Moshiri and chairman Bill Kenwright discuss alternatives. (Mail)

How magnanimous of them.

A chance to redeem himself... By facing the 1st and 2nd teams in the league

How magnanimous of them.

A chance to redeem himself... By facing the 1st and 2nd teams in the league
Well losing to 2nd team would be required if he is to keep the job so I guess it is basicly only grabbing a point from us that is the task here.

I just think the return of Moyes with his first or second match a derby, could be ominous, and I want to avoid that. Let him come back, get through the new manager bounce, then get settled in to mediocrity and then we can twat him at Goodison later in the season

Marco Silva: Everton boss looks set to remain in charge for trip to Leicester

_90327002__64086311_phil-mcnulty_203x152.jpg

By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer
Sharethis page
_109898523_silva_pa.jpg

Marco Silva's Everton sit 16th in the Premier League
Everton manager Marco Silva took training as normal on Tuesday and now looks set to be in charge for Sunday's Premier League visit to Leicester City.
Silva is fighting for his job after Everton's key boardroom personnel held a meeting immediately after the 2-0 home defeat by Norwich City on Saturday to discuss his future.
Majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri, director of football Marcel Brands and chairman Bill Kenwright held talks and further discussions were staged over the weekend.
It looks certain Silva's reign at Goodison Park is coming to a close but Everton's board may be holding fire as there are no obvious immediate successors to Silva.
The suggestion of a return for former manager David Moyes has been met with a negative reaction from fans, which has also been factored into their thinking.
Everton are 16th in the table and, after the trip to second-placed Leicester, face successive league games against Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal.
If Silva survives, a Merseyside derby against leaders Liverpool at Anfield on 4 December at least offers him the opportunity to pull off a shock result that might earn him a further stay of execution.

Why would you appoint a new manager today, when whoever it may be is likely to lose ther next 6 games regardless? They'll wait until after the next 2 at least, after that they could grab a point or 2 against Man Utd and Arsenal with a new gaffer.

Why would you appoint a new manager today, when whoever it may be is likely to lose ther next 6 games regardless? They'll wait until after the next 2 at least, after that they could grab a point or 2 against Man Utd and Arsenal with a new gaffer.

That's exactly the sort of positive, go-get-em! mindset that has made Everton the team they are today.

Lets hope Silva can get a draw against Leicester. That will be enough to ensure that he’s in charge against us.

The Wolves manager is favourite with the bookies.

Ljungberg, Pochettino, Allegri, Arteta and Benitez all tipped.

Howe is one of the longer-odds, along with Vieira and Rodgers.

Hmmm, seems to be quite a few on that list who simply wouldn't join them now. And while Allegri is not working, can he speak English yet? Because that's been cited as a big reason Emery struggled so much.

Wow!! Blatant, what up with that club? Contes English was probably worse when he was at Chelsea but you could tell the Chelsea players respected him, until they did what Chelsea usually do to managers...

On a different note Robbie on Arsenal Fan TV will be worried, hell lose income if Arsenal get a decent manager lol

Last edited:
Wow!! Blatant, what up with that club? Contes English was probably worse when he was at Chelsea but you could tell the Chelsea players respected him, until they did what Chelsea usually do to managers...

On a different note Robbie on Arsenal Fan TV will be worried, hell lose income if Arsenal get a decent manager lol

OK, might sound like a douche here but his accent is really really funny.
Probably the strangest English accent I've heard a public figure have.

That does sound like a douche, yes.

One thing is being made fun of by a few impressionists and comedians, but by your own players. Fuck that.

I find it weird though why so many are obsessed by someone who has learned a second language and then openly making fun of his accent.

The same was done in France when he learned French and did his interviews there.

As I said, weird.

That does sound like a douche, yes.

One thing is being made fun of by a few impressionists and comedians, but by your own players. Fuck that.

I find it weird though why so many are obsessed by someone who has learned a second language and then openly making fun of his accent.

The same was done in France when he learned French and did his interviews there.

As I said, weird.

Perhaps it goes deeper though – his press-conferences were also mocked, not because of the accent, but because he would almost invariably speak in such generalities that people started wondering if he actually had any message at all. With Arsenal playing in a similarly directionless manner and key personnel decisions turning out all wrong, it seems his communication problems were about more than a funny accent.

Last edited:
Perhaps it goes deeper though – his press-conferences were also mocked, not because of the accent, but because he would almost invariably speak in such generalities that people started wondering if he actually has any message at all. With Arsenal playing in a similarly directionless manner and key personnel decisions turning out all wrong, it seems his communication problems were about more than a funny accent.

The accent was deffo a large part of it, as evidenced by 'good ebening' trending every week, and the amount of memes and compilations of him saying it

Klopp spoke of not taking jobs because his language skills weren't good enough. He worried his English wasn't good enough and has clearly improved, even though he was far better to begin with. Emery should be more fluent by now. It's his job.

But the arsenal team are shit AND cliquey unprofessional cunts? How marvelous.

One of the best things about Klopp is his "poor" grasp of English, are all the children in bed so he can say fuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom