• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The there will be no more transfers thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
Keep all your information about transfers that won't happen in here.

Can this be stickied so everyone ignores it ?

I am willing to bet we'll sign at least 2 players.
If we do, I expect to buy you a beer in a pub here (tickets you have to pay for).
deal?

Unsubscribed.

I don't think FSG will allow Gini to remain unsold if he doesn't sign a deal, so that's potential replacement.

Lovren will also likely be replaced. There's been no sign of bedding in Hoever ready to step up.

I think it will be pretty limited, but there will be some activity.

United will likely get Sancho and Chelsea Havertz. Next season will be a lot tighter.

Jürgen Klopp Issues Transfer Warning to Liverpool Fans

1255910657.jpg.0.jpg
Photo by Andrew Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images
Liverpool should be making signings this summer. After barely dipping a toe into the transfer market last summer, and with a squad that’s creeping towards the tail end of their peak years, and with the selling point of winning the Premier League and Champions League over the past two seasons.
Liverpool may not be making any major signings this summer, though, thanks to the financial uncertainty caused by the ongoing global coronavirus pandemic. At the very least, says manager Jürgen Klopp, the fans shouldn’t be expecting any significant transfers, if they do happen, to happen quickly.
“It will be tricky and we have to deal with the circumstances,” Klopp said. “The situation, as we have said several times, it is really difficult to judge the future. That is always what we have to do. We have to judge the future. Usually, we know about the financial funds that we have as much as you can know.
“At the moment we are qualified for the Champions League and we were qualified pretty early for the Champions League and usually that is good. But a few weeks ago nobody knew if we could play Champions League next season again. Can you count on the money of the Champions League and how much will it be?
“That is all uncertain and that is what we consider because we are not only responsible for the success of the club, we are responsible for all the people at the club and that means everyone who is working here. That is what we try to do. As long as we don’t know exactly about things, we have to wait.”
Tentatively, the 2020-21 Champions League is set to start October 20th, with mid-week games then played in six of the next eight weeks until December 9th. Meanwhile, authorities in England are hoping to slowly reintroduce fans to the games, perhaps starting as early as the Community Shield.
A month from now, there should be more clarity, and that clarity may give the Reds confidence to move. But while the likes of Chelsea have shown they aren’t afraid to spend big early, Liverpool have chosen to be more cautious, and for better or worse the fans will have to accept that this is their reality.
“We have a really good squad,” Klopp added. “We have to see what we can do, we have to see what we have to do, we need still more time. Time will hopefully bring a bit more clarity about the future and then we will make our decisions.”

I think we might get one signing using money generated from player sales. A back up replacing Lovren, or something.

But yeah, there won't be anything major.

With all the news over COVID and the uncertainty, Id be over the moon with 2 new signings even if it meant offloading Harry Wilson, Karius. Plus the 11m we now got for Lovren hopefully it’s not out of reach.

I think it all depends on the offers we get and if Gini signs a new contract.

I don’t think anyone expects any MAJOR signings. We need to improve the squad. Upgrades on Lallana (that most likely is Jones), Lovren, Shaquiri, Origi and Adrian. Add to that a back up to Robertson.

If Wijnaldum is moved on I’d expect someone to replace him.

If Wijnaldum is moved on I’d expect someone to replace him.

That's where Thiago comes in or...the club might just pocket whatever cash we get for Wijnaldum and gamble on Keita and Grujic.
One thing is certain, Wijnaldum has been massively underpaid during his time here and I don't really blame him if he leaves. He's at his peak and will probably not get another chance at playing for another top team abroad. I guess it's the same situation for Thiago.

We've reportedly pocketed a cool 175mil from winning the league. If we don't sign at least 2 significant signings, it'll be absurd. The Prem and Europe have had 2 seasons to figure out our front 3 and we need to adapt to the next level- something we've thankfully done this season to win the league, but defending the league will be something else.

Imo we are still just saying we have no money so we can lowball a 10mil bid for Brooks and Cantwell

We've reportedly pocketed a cool 175mil from winning the league. If we don't sign at least 2 significant signings, it'll be absurd. The Prem and Europe have had 2 seasons to figure out our front 3 and we need to adapt to the next level- something we've thankfully done this season to win the league, but defending the league will be something else.
We may have pocketed a cool £175m from winning the league but our wage bill is £310m how are we going to plug the gap if grounds remain closed to supporters?

If you believe that transfer rumour you'd believe Jamal

Credit to peekay.

A lot of prominent LFC journos have reported it. I'm not saying it's a done deal, but there is something to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom