• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thiago.... Ja ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't pay £40 mill for 24 year old Werner but 35 mill for 29 year old Alcantra, you just can't say no that kind of deal.

50 mill £, 11 mill £ sign on and 230k wages pr week. Is the rumoured deal. That would have made him our highest earner at the club.
I saw something about massive agent fees aswell and a structure with only two payments. Dont know if thats correct but the financial aspect of that deal looks tough.

Appaz Thiago earns 6,5 mill € per year at Bayern. That what, 110k a week in £.
30 mill € fee, possibly structured in more suited way for us makes it, maybe, a deal easier to do.

Oh... go? or no-go? For Thiago.
Wake me up, before Thiago.

Two more that popped into my head.
dc4eff2d71702d2dc38c7cc47717e26e.gif

He would be a great addition if it were to happen. His strengths of close ball control, beating players and expansive passing would be ideal in games where we play against a low block. Not much of a goal scorer however.

Having ended up screaming for Hendo to come on because we couldn't get a grip of the tempo of the match, I can perhaps understand the logic of this purchase.

If, if, we can get him at a reasonable wage.

Having ended up screaming for Hendo to come on because we couldn't get a grip of the tempo of the match, I can perhaps understand the logic of this purchase.

I think I heard he is on around 120k per week currently so as long as he isn't chasing one massive final contract

this is totally unlike us in recent years - what price are we really looking at here ? - anything north of £10M for a 29 year old is over the top right ? - even in today's market. Just cannot see this happening - its just not us is it.

It was a typical Klopp response when asked about whether he is interested in a player. People will read into it what they will.

A world class player makes sense, regardless of him being 29 yrs old, as I mentioned in the LFC Transfer thread. It would give us great depth in a key position and which we are actually currently lacking virtually all over the pitch.

Milner 34
Lallana out the door 32
Hendo 30
Gini 29
+
Jones 19
Elliot 17

I could see a reason for an established top class midfielder if we want depth and don't want to have to depend on youngsters or legs going over a long season, a Lallana replacement if you will with 3-4 seasons at the top left in him.

We complain about a lack of depth and, if we were to lose 1-2 of our current midfielders to injury, the pressure would be immense.

Main core is still only 6 midfielders with 3 backups which is about perfect considering 4-5 play in every game : Fabs (26), Keita (26), Ox (25), Hendo, Gini and Alcantara with Millie, Jones and Elliot as backups. That seems to be a very strong midfield with depth for a long campaign in the CL & PL.

Surely that applies to any transfer?

From this article
[article]That they have won 14 games by just one goal this season is no coincidence. Of course, the Reds’ coaching team aren’t happy to stop here; they believe the next step in Liverpool’s evolution was spelled out by those frustrating meetings with Atletico Madrid and Watford prior to the coronavirus pandemic.

In both games, the opposition succeeded in closing almost every space both in central and wide areas, while also exploiting the Reds’ aggressively high line in a manner that had rarely been seen before.

At Melwood, the feeling is that this new problem will only be solved with greater unpredictability in the final third - a quality that is more likely to be found in the transfer market than on the training pitch.[/article]

When Klopp signed Naby Keita in 2017, he praised: "Last year together with Thiago Alcantara, who played outstanding for Bayern, he was the flier." He also said in the same year: "In my time in Germany, I admired Thiago Alcantara."

Speaking after the Reds' 0-0 draw with Bayern at Anfield last year, Klopp went further, saying: "Thiago is a world-class footballer. He played that deep-lying playmaker role very well."

Meanwhile, the player himself is also an admirer of Klopp's, saying in 2018: "I love watching English football. It’s the league I most enjoy.

"Look at Liverpool’s midfield: Henderson, Milner, Chamberlain, they pressed like animals in the Champions League. They ate up the midfield. They were fantastic."

It was a typical Klopp response when asked about whether he is interested in a player. People will read into it what they will.
When there's nothing to it, he often shoots it down completely.

Like with Sancho last week.

Exactly. There was even some excitement at the player 'sending a message' to fans by tweeting a pic of him with Coutinho - I mean, why is standing next to a team mate who pissed LFC fans off a few years ago a 'message' that he's coming? Hans-Georg Gadamer would go nuts if he saw such hermeneutic manipulations.

Watching videos of Thiago today, I have learnt to my great surprise, that he speaks fluent English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom