• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

TITLE COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
1956.jpg

"Great achievement. Something in particular that I don’t like, it’s a day I never wanted to see again. I’ve seen enough of it in my childhood years and I’ve had to witness it again in the last few weeks, but you obviously have to congratulate the title winners. It’s been a brilliant performance."
Gary Neville

Notice how in all of the videos put out by the club, he is the only manager post Shankly who is missing.

This is going off on a tangent, but this reminds me of the build-up to the climatic scene in "Spectre" (James Bond movie) where Blofeld hangs posters of all the other previous villains that Bond had to deal with except the guy from Quantum of Solace, presumably because he was such a mediocre villain that no one would bother or be remotely intimidated by him.

Last edited:
Achterberg getting praised??? And on that bombshell...

Andy Lonergan has opened up on the ethos of the players in training, with an example of the dedication even after the Reds secured the Premier League title.

“Every day, training seems to be the best session I’ve ever done,” says Lonergan.

“The way it’s structured… I’ve always taken a note down of what work I’ve done, and I’ve got sessions from the past detailed in my books which I know I’ll never use now because they seem so basic in comparison. And I’ve always had good goalkeeper coaches. But it’d be similar: you’d catch a volley, you’d catch a half-volley, you’d have a breather and then do it again. Over and over.

“Here, it’s speed and power and reactions. Rapid, quick-fire. Always intense. Ridiculous standards. It’s exhausting.

“We were back in at Melwood doing a four-team tournament two days after watching Manchester City lose at Chelsea, the night we won the title, and the competition was top notch.

“It wasn’t as if anyone took their foot off the gas. They never allow things to dip.

“Their ethos is if you don’t train, you don’t play, and that will extend to the end of the season.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom