• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 10 wage bills in Europe. Why is LFC's so high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say Wijnaldum's 4 goals and 0 assists in 35 appearances this season in the league does not look good. Of course stats don't tell the whole story but in comparison, Henderson has 4 goals and 5 assists. Fabinho even has 2 goals and 3 assists as DM.
I'm well aware of the fact Wijnaldum isn't deployed as an attacking midfielder so I'm happy about the amount of goals he's scored but 0 assists just isn't good enough.
I'm confident that we want to extend his contract but I'm starting to think that he's maybe asking for too much.
Don't get me wrong, Wijnaldum is one of my favourite players. When he's on the ball he gives me Barnes vibes, probably has the best ball control in our team and makes us tick. But he's not irreplaceable and he's 30 in a few months with an outgoing contract.
Surely Gini has had some assists. Unless i am wrong on definition of an assist, he gave the ball to Keita to score the first goal against Chelsea recently, doesn't that qualify as an assist? If it does then you probably need to refresh your source of stats mentioned here.

Surely Gini has had some assists. Unless i am wrong on definition of an assist, he gave the ball to Keita to score the first goal against Chelsea recently, doesn't that qualify as an assist? If it does then you probably need to refresh your source of stats mentioned here.
Didn't Willian poke the ball to Keita?

Gini didn’t have any assist or create “big chances” according to the premier league stats. However, when your job is win/protect the ball and give it to Mané or Robbo you wouldn’t expect him too.

Gini didn’t have any assist or create “big chances” according to the premier league stats. However, when your job is win/protect the ball and give it to Mané or Robbo you wouldn’t expect him too.

Disagree.

Fab plays deepest of them all and he's made some superb assists this season.

Gini leaving will not impact us, much better players have left and it's only made us stronger.

Disagree.

Fab plays deepest of them all and he's made some superb assists this season.

Without looking at all the assists I don’t remember any slide balls made from the edge of the box. My memory is Fabinho’s assists are from deeper and longer balls than where you expect to see Gini play.

Fabs also has more time and space on the ball than Gini has. Still, 0 assists is not good at all imo.
If we could get Coutinho back even on loan to replace him, Imagine how lethal we'd be.

If we could get Coutinho back even on loan to replace him, Imagine how lethal we'd be.
Yeah, we'd be good but I'm not sure if we'd be better as whole. We definitely be more "lethal" in attacking sense obviously but we'd miss everything else Gini does in our midfield. He's has a supporting role in several of our biggest games these past few years. I watched our game against Man C from two years ago, fuck me Gini was fucking boss.
He might not play the final ball that often but he starts so many attacks with his intelligent passing.

How good is coutinho at defending corners? Better than Wijnaldum?
Hasn’t Coutinho been a complete bust in midfield? He was signed with designs on him being “the new Xavi/Iniesta” but then got pushed back into a wide forward role competing with Dembele and others because that really didn’t work out.

Last edited:
Who cares lol? Coutinho is the better all round player.

Might aswell ask how good Wijnaldum is at shooting.

They are two completely different players so slotting Coutinho in wouldn’t work at all. Look how many trophies we won without the sick note cunt.

Wijnaldum does so much more for the team than just assists.

Hasn’t Coutinho been a complete bust in midfield? He was signed with designs on him being “the new Xavi/Iniesta” but then got pushed back into a wide forward role competing with Dembele and others because that really didn’t work out.
He’s shit.

They are two completely different players so slotting Coutinho in wouldn’t work at all. Look how many trophies we won without the sick note cunt.

Wijnaldum does so much more for the team than just assists.
Coutinho would work because it proved to work for 6 months, The Fab 4.

Well it was the first 6 months of season before he left so quite hard to win trophies in first half of a season.

We were smashing sides 7-0 in the CL.....

Annilhating Brighton 5-1 at the Amex, first side to really annihilate them since they got promoted.

Many many other incredible wins.

I read elsewhere that these are some of our players base wages compared to Man united players.

Allison is on 90,000 compared to 375,000 for DDG

Robertson is on 50,000 compared to 150,000 for Luke Shaw

Gini is on 75,000 compared to 290,000 for Paul Pogba

Mane is on 100,000 compared to 200,000 for Rashford

TAA is on 40,000 and Gomez 28,000.

However we apparently pay very generous goal/assist/win/etc bonuses which push our wage bill considerably higher.
We are literally paying for our success with a higher wage bill.
No complaints from me

So it’s just not as simple as we’d be lethal just by adding in Coutinho. We are a functioning machine and throwing in Coutinho would disrupt the way we play.

Ok so say Gini doesn't sign the contract and ends up leaving this or next summer,

Who do you replace him with?

Would you try bringing in a like for like? Whatever you do we'd need to adjust anyway, whether the player or the system we play.

With Coutinho, we all know what he brings to the table..he's played with about half of the players here & we don't currently have a player like him in the squad.

I don’t know. I’m not a major football nerd with football manager scout at hand. The way we play and had success isn’t thanks to having a fanny who cuts in on his right and shoots I’d be happier with another “water carrier” who pops up with key goals once in a while.

Tbf we were much better to watch when we had Coutinho. But we were also definitely shitter, so it's no contest really.

It's an interesting question in general, though, as to how much more creative our midfield could be without upsetting the balance of the team.

Would a peak Gerrard improve us, or just destabilise things?

He would because he the most gifted all round player weve ever had.

We were definitely shitter because we had fucking Mignolet and Lovren playing.

Coutinho has never played with Alisson Virgil or Fabs, at club level anyway.

Adding quality to quality can only make you better, especially when it's in an area we lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom