• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr DT has been released months ago. Arteta has spent 100s of millions to get his squad right.
We know where our problem lies and that's the MF, and the people who can fix it are FSG, who clearly don't care that the £60m - £150m theyll miss out on revenues

damn, i thought he went in for ages ...

Man U fixed their MF with a freebie and Casimero.
Is Melo really gonna fix our issues. The guy looks press resistant from the videos I've seen but mostly goes for simple passes ie Mascher without the tackles.

Man U fixed their MF with a freebie and Casimero.
Is Melo really gonna fix our issues. The guy looks press resistant from the videos I've seen but mostly goes for simple passes ie Mascher without the tackles.

that is why Barca did not like him, and complaints from Suarez and Co at the time, the press resistant is there, but the progressive passing is not that great.

The kind of active squad building/succession building I hope we'll adopt

[article]Manchester City are wrapping up a deal for Velez Sarsfield whizkid Maximo Perrone.

He is expected to travel to England for his medical next month, with the two clubs reaching terms worth £8.5m.

Velez president Sergio Rapisarda has confirmed the talks are ongoing and admitted that Perrone is determined to leave.

"The boy, he wants to go," Rapisarda said. "The City coach called him three times, [Javier] Mascherano also persuaded him, which I don't like.

"The boy loves the coach of that club. We are going to take the risk. We are trying to be the best in the transfer and with numbers that favour Velez."
[/article]

Thing is, before the new rules are in place, they would be all out maximizing the current loophole, which partly explains why they have been making loads of signings.

How UEFA are slamming door shut on Chelsea transfer loophole worth £85m to Blues

[article]
An assessment of Chelsea's recent activity reveals the incredible extent to which the London club have been able to take advantage of the current system.

Of the mammoth £460m already spent by Todd Boehly's consortium, an up-front £298m has been spent on players who have tied themselves to Stamford Bridge for longer than five years. By doing that, the impact on Chelsea's FFP balance has been watered down to just £42.7m.

Under the new rules, though, being forced to stick to the same FFP restraint would only have enabled Chelsea to spend a maximum of £213.5m - £85m less than they have actually been able to get away with spending.

Outgoings in transfers, wages, finance costs, dividends and amortisation of transfers are compared to income from gate receipts, TV revenue, advertising, merchandising, sale of assets, finance, player sales and prize money.
[/article]

He's been pants since the move to the Chavs fell through. He has ability but I wouldn't go near a player who picks and chooses whether to bother turning up (literally).

Considering his age and English premium, he looks like a good signing for Newcastle though. If Howe can get Almiron and Joelinton performing, doing the same with him shouldn't be a problem. He's basically an upgrade for Murphy at the moment. His defensive stats look impressive + he's versatile too.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

I'm surprised at Newcastle. This is a signing that the 2022/23 version of Newcastle would have been targeting - the 2023/24 version (with Euro football) should have been aiming higher.

It's crazy how fast he's fallen out of favour there. Feel like it wasn't that long ago he was being spoken of as one of the best fullbacks in the world.

TAA except the falling out of favour part? :p:oops:

Rico Lewis has been great since being given 1st team opportunities. Rumours of Man City hijacking Spur's deal for Porro (ex Man City player with buy back clause) too.

Last edited:
It's crazy how fast he's fallen out of favour there. Feel like it wasn't that long ago he was being spoken of as one of the best fullbacks in the world.

He lost his place for the national team during the WC as well. The drop off has been Fabinhoesque.

TAA except the falling out of favour part? :p:oops:

Rico Lewis has been great since being given 1st team opportunities. Rumours of Man City hijacking Spur's deal for Porro (ex Man City player with buy back clause) too.

On topic of young backups, what's happened with the Ramsay kid we got from Scotland? Thought he looked decent in those couple of games

It’s to facilitate Ryan Gravenberch coming on loan to us for the rest of the season - tru fax?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom