• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Top 4 Rivals : Transfers and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good deal for Chelsea getting money for a player who's contract is expiring. Enzo deal should be close then?

It will turn out to be a very poor deal for Arsenal I reckon. This is very uncharacteristic in terms of the transfer strategy they've had for the last few seasons.

An average old squaddie with high wages that doesnt fit in with their high energy working midfield.
I like it.

It seems like an odd choice and I hope it fails... but... they are a very youthful team that accommodate an old leggy player if set up correctly.

They bought Jorginho because they couldnt get Caicedo.

Fair enough.

But if they end up getting him in the summer, and it was a choice between Lakonga and Jorginho for the rest of the season as cover, then going for experience was probably the right move.

United going for Sabitzer after eriksen was ruled out for a few months

It will turn out to be a very poor deal for Arsenal I reckon. This is very uncharacteristic in terms of the transfer strategy they've had for the last few seasons.
They don’t care about next season. This is all about winning the title this season. In that regard it’s an excellent move as they have no cover.

They don’t care about next season. This is all about winning the title this season. In that regard it’s an excellent move as they have no cover.

Yeah
[article]Carragher said: “I think if I’m right Elneny has pick something up which may be a bit more serious than they’re letting on at the moment and he’s the back-up for midfield and they need to bring someone in.”[/article]

They very much care about next season. But yeah, cover. Although a not very good one.

They very much care about next season. But yeah, cover. Although a not very good one.
Not a very good one eh. Last year he was rated one of the Top 5 players in the world (The Guardian). So has he also fallen off a cliff ? Or is something different about this season that seems to have affected a lot of players? Let me think what could it be? Hmm.

Did what they needed to (despite missing out on Mudryk and Caicedo). Bonus that both the midfielder and attacker has EPL experience too. B+?

He won't dislodge Partey and Xhaka but is a good option when protecting the lead and/or for Europa League.
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom