• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay Age El

Well-Known
Not sure if the mods would like to keep it all in the rumors thread, but if not, let's have all the saucy stories in here and lets have them all, even the most insane ones.

Let me start.. Chelsea is about to pay a massive £30M for a Swede I don't even know that much about.. Viktor Lindelöf, 22, from Benfica. What is that all about @Modo?

Central defender Marcos Alonso, Fiorentina, is Chelsea bound. Will be announced today according to various sources.

Juventus with a massive bid on Eriksen. Let me just say this once, if he's by any means available we should go all in for this lad, pure Klopp material. Runs like a mad-man, creates chances galore, scores goals and a great attitude all-round. I believe him and Coutinho can even play together as they are both versatile and also very decent out-wide.

PS The Juve-Eriksen link was probably inevitable this window with de Boer (his former manager at Ajax) taking over at the Torino giants and ongoing talks about a new contract with Spurs. It's probably just pure speculation. This thread embraces pure speculation as well so that's O K.

Last edited:
Viktor Lindelöf came from nowhere and caught most of us Swedish football fans by surprise.
The kid wasn't even picked in the original squad for the U21 Euro's that we won. Was picked after another defender got injured.
Was played as a fullback despite being a CB and impressed. Later on picked and started for the national team in the Euro's.
From what I've gathered, he's a no nonsense defender. Not the "stand off-ish" type. Right footed, quick, decent ball controll and as I mentioned earlier, versatile.
I still think he's a bit raw but he could definitely become a very good player. Don't think he'd walk into Chelsea's line up if he's sold.
I don't follow the portuguese league so I haven't seen him play for Benfica. I've only seen him play for Sweden where he's mostly utilised as a fullback. So I guess if I have to compare him to a more famous footballer it would be someone like Ashley Cole. Same type of tenacity.

Viktor Fagerström ‏@ViktorFagerLFC 7h7 hours ago
Mario Balotelli's #LFC career is over. He is expected to return to France on Wednesday to complete the deal to Nice. (Maddock - Mirror)
The Nice move for Balotelli is likely to be an initial loan deal with a commitment to making it permanent. #LFC (Maddock - Mirror)
Klopp is confident Lazar Markovic will complete a move to Sporting Lisbon before the window closes. #LFC (Maddock - Mirror)
#LFC want £15m for Markovic but are prepared to let him go on loan if the deal become permanent at the end of the year. (Maddock - Mirror)
#LFC are "unlikely" to be making any deadline signings says sources at the club. (Maddock - Mirror)

Viktor Lindelöf came from nowhere and caught most of us Swedish football fans by surprise.
The kid wasn't even picked in the original squad for the U21 Euro's that we won. Was picked after another defender got injured.
Was played as a fullback despite being a CB and impressed. Later on picked and started for the national team in the Euro's.
From what I've gathered, he's a no nonsense defender. Not the "stand off-ish" type. Right footed, quick, decent ball controll and as I mentioned earlier, versatile.
I still think he's a bit raw but he could definitely become a very good player. Don't think he'd walk into Chelsea's line up if he's sold.
I don't follow the portuguese league so I haven't seen him play for Benfica. I've only seen him play for Sweden where he's mostly utilised as a fullback. So I guess if I have to compare him to a more famous footballer it would be someone like Ashley Cole. Same type of tenacity.
Cheers.. but... £30M!?

Bony to Stoke on loan, 2 mill fee. Having his medical now according to Sky Sports

This is Klopp's first transfer window (technically his 2nd but he didn't get involved with anything in January in order to assess the squad). In his first transfer window for Dortmund he sold 17 players! He could break that record today; so far we've sold 13; if we can shift Balotelli, Markovic, Ings (although I want us to keep him), Sakho and Alberto that will certainly represent a massive cull. Hopefully he'll surprise us with a fresh face or two too.

If Spurs pull off the Sissoko and Isco deals and manage to keep on to their key-players from last Season, then they look pretty strong don't they?

This is Klopp's first transfer window (technically his 2nd but he didn't get involved with anything in January in order to assess the squad). In his first transfer window for Dortmund he sold 17 players! He could break that record today; so far we've sold 13; if we can shift Balotelli, Markovic, Ings (although I want us to keep him), Sakho and Alberto that will certainly represent a massive cull. Hopefully he'll surprise us with a fresh face or two too.
I wouldn't be too surprised if he pulled one, big, fat, juicy signing out of the transfer hat today.

Phase 1: collect players
Phase 2: ?
Phase 3: profit

If Spurs pull off the Sissoko and Isco deals and manage to keep on to their key-players from last Season, then they look pretty strong don't they?
If they manage to get Isco and we have Lallana in midfield, we can go fuck ourselves.

If they manage to get Isco and we have Lallana in midfield, we can go fuck ourselves.
Klopp would never go for a player like Isco because he goes missing A LOT when there is defending to do and his work rate is shit. Good at all the fancy stuff but a bit of a pussy when he doesn't have the ball. Would look good in a team dominating a game, but anonymous when you're back is against the wall.

Are they? They look very dependent on Kane, again.

Sold Chadli who scored the most goals after Kane last season. Sissoko is a bit meh. Turns up for 10% of the games.

Are they? They look very dependent on Kane, again.

Sold Chadli who scored the most goals after Kane last season. Sissoko is a bit meh. Turns up for 10% of the games.
Janssen, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Delle, Isco, Moussa Sissoko, Njie and Kane to me looks a rather potent attacking line-up.

PS Sissoko for me is well underrated on here, and he is a big upgrade on Chadli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom