• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we getting upset with Spurs signing a player that very few people rate. I think at £18m, he is a good squad option, and under Klopp coaching could bag 6 or 7 assists a season in the league. But if Klopp doesn't want him, we move on. I think if we can get a RB, we can experiment with Trent moving to CM or RM

123.jpg
456.jpg
789.jpg

Gladbach are a really really REALLY fucking strange side & Bayern must be sick of them.

Beat Bayern 5-0 in the cup late last year, beat them at the Allianz 2-1 last week.

The same Gladbach that got trounced 6-0. At home. In 1 half. Against Freiberg. Battered 4-1 to Koln, Battered 4-1 to Leipzig.

Some mates are Villa fans and they largely agree that Target is a clear area they can improve upon, and the weakest player in the first eleven. Decent squaddie, but nothing special. Digne is a solid upgrade.

If he plans on using Coutinho at LW then it's important he has a solid LB behind him and one who can also overlap for days.

Some mates are Villa fans and they largely agree that Target is a clear area they can improve upon, and the weakest player in the first eleven. Decent squaddie, but nothing special. Digne is a solid upgrade.

If he plans on using Coutinho at LW then it's important he has a solid LB behind him and one who can also overlap for days.

Digne is good going forward. I'm not sure he's solid enough the other way, though, to compensate for Coutinho's lack of tracking back.

I suspect Coutinho will play more centrally anyway

Agree about Digne's defending and there's another problem there, which is that he tries to compensate by being a dirty little bugger without being all that good at it.

I know Everton are shit shit but I'd be surprised if he made the move to Villa when he could probably move to a CL side or vying for CL at least like Marseille or Nice or maybe somewhere like Napoli or Betis.

But fair play Stevie, looks like he's got some pulling power.

Digne is good going forward. I'm not sure he's solid enough the other way, though, to compensate for Coutinho's lack of tracking back.

I suspect Coutinho will play more centrally anyway

Yeah, Gerrard usually plays with a "Christmas tree" formation, so Coutinho would be one of the two #10's behind Watkins or Ings, situated more centrally like you say. Quality attacking full-backs are crucial to provide width in this system, so Digne would be a good fit. In theory 3 CMs should be able to cover the spaces left behind the full-backs.

BTW apparently Digne is a life-long Liverpool fan and has a YNWA tattoo on his chest. Did Everton fans know this?

Last edited:
The only thing I remember about Mark Gonzalez, is we were playing Fulham about a million years ago, I'd put 10 quid on 3-0 with Gerrard to score first, which was coming in on ninety minutes. A couple of minutes into injury time we get a free kick on the edge of the box and I see Gonzalez preparing to take it and I get out of my seat and start legging it towards the exit, already spending my hundreds of quids on pints in my head, and just as I'm heading into the street I heard the crowd roar behind me as the motherfucker scored what was probably the only goal he ever scored for us, the absolute fucking wankbat.

Yeah, Gerrard usually plays with a "Christmas tree" formation, so Coutinho would be one of the two #10's behind Watkins or Ings, situated more centrally like you say. Quality attacking full-backs are crucial to provide width in this system, so Digne would be a good fit. In theory 3 CMs should be able to cover the spaces left behind the full-backs.

BTW apparently Digne is a life-long Liverpool fan and has a YNWA tattoo on his chest. Did Everton fans know this?

He says he rejected LFC twice, and the YNWA alone tattoo was a homage to his parents

Echo says we are scouting Bowen and Raphinia still, but that we won't move in January for them.
FIaNvNDWYAQH8dt

[article]West Ham attacker Jarrod Bowen admits he draws inspiration from Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah.

Bowen has two goals and four assists in his last five games across all competitions. Manager David Moyes has put Bowen's upturn in form down to a new found composure in the final third, and said Liverpool star Salah is the perfect inspiration for the West Ham forward.

"I think Mo Salah is the perfect example," Bowen told the London Evening Standard. "The goals he scores and assists he gets, the impact he has on games and consistently doing it every season since he joined Liverpool.

"He is definitely one that I look at and I think he is one of the best players in the world at the moment. As a player you always want to look at people in a similar position to yours and learn from them."[/article]

Last edited:
[article]Liverpool have made Torino centre-back Bremer their top summer transfer target.

Jurgen Klopp has been plagued by injuries in the heart of his defence, with Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip all sidelined.

The defending champions brought in Ben Davies from Preston and Ozan Kabak on loan from Schalke in January.

But neither are ready-made solutions, unlike Brazilian Bremer who has impressed in Serie A.

The 23-year-old likes to play on the left of the central two and is seen as someone who will complement Van Dijk well when he is back from his long-term knee problem.

Torino are aware of the growing interest in their player and are expecting several offers for him in the summer.

Bremer began his career with Desportivo Brasil before joining Atletico Mineiro following a loan spell at Sao Paulo.

His form their earned him a move to Turin in 2018, with the player signing a five-year deal on his arrival.

Bremer fits the profile for Liverpool given his age and the fact they wouldn’t have to break the bank for a player valued at less than £10million.[/article]

At least the players we were watching are decent

[article]Ivan Juric hailed ‘fundamental’ Torino defender Gleison Bremer, who completely neutralised Dusan Vlahovic in a 4-0 victory over Fiorentina.

This game was meant to be on Sunday, but was rescheduled after an appeal lodged by the Lega Serie A had the team taken out of their quarantine following a COVID-19 outbreak.

Despite missing several players and being forced to debut a teenager in goal, the Granata still ran out with a 4-0 victory thanks to a Josip Brekalo brace, Wilfried Singo and Antonio Sanabria.

“It was a great game from the first to the last minute,” the coach told DAZN.

“Fiorentina had really impressed me this season and had such strong players, which just goes to show how splendid my lads were today.

“I have seen improvements in training pass on to the match situation lately, we raised the quality level and move the ball better than we did before. In order to score goals, you need to show technique and our team moves today were splendid.”

They also managed to completely neutralise Serie A top scorer Vlahovic, who was marked out of the game by Bremer, another player earning a lot of attention on the transfer market.

“Bremer is a fundamental player for us. Seeing such a difference in the squad after five months of work really is very pleasing.”

The centre-back has been linked with amongst others Milan, Napoli, Everton, West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur, but Torino have no intention of losing the Brazilian mid-season.

Juric had a message for midfielder Tomas Rincon, who left Torino to join Sampdoria on loan last week.

“I want to thank Rincon, because he is a wonderful man who helped a great deal, but he was penalised in terms of playing time by the emergence of Sasa Lukic.”[/article]

Linked to Joules Kounde this morning. Is it just crap/coincidence or is there some smoke with these CB links, and, if so, why?

Franco Baresi: 1.76m
Fabio Cannavaro: 1.75m
Jules Kounde: 1.78m

Now give me an example of one who has been succesful in England. ;)

I mean I loved Baresi, but there's a huge difference between defending against the likes of Sutton and Ferguson and defending against Signori, Zola and Mancini in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom