• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer Rumours 21/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewey imaybe available, think he wants a 4 year contract - he is 33 now. If you were Klopp, would you go for hm?

Lewey imaybe available, think he wants a 4 year contract - he is 33 now. If you were Klopp, would you go for hm?

Nah… he’s too old for the Premier League.

He can go to the PSG retirement home if he’s looking at that sort of contract length.

So I thought I'd share some news from the Yoga mat (and occasional trampolining bounce 'fun') - So here's the juice from what I've gathered from my rotund chum over the last four or five weeks while stretching glutes and knacking my shins on the metal bit of the trampoline.

Seems there is no doubt at all that the very main priority is Bellingham. That's not really news but what is interesting is that while Julian Ward is on point with the nuts and bolts transfers (Carvalho and recently Diaz etc) and by all accounts doing a very good job. Edwards has been focused on this particular piece of business for over 18 months. Contact with Dortmund, the player and his family has been made and has been extremely positive. My buddy likened it to a 'parting gift' - Although he did point out that rather amusingly it seems Keita is the one to be the makeweight in a 90mill+ transfer. As my buddy pointed out it's the one bit of business that Edwards did that wasn't exactly a 'masterstroke'

Haaland going in the same summer window is a problem but not an unsurpassable one. Then sailing into the water's is a certain Newcastle Utd. This is where it gets complicated. Salah signing a new deal is now looking more and more likely. It'll probably happen in the summer - The reason for a lot of the delay is not really on Salah, it's LFC trying to work around a wage model that has served them well. My non-flexible friend likened it to Arsenal's stance on players over 30yrs old several years ago. It's kind of a stick or twist situation. The club has never been in a better position to attract the very best players. Whether or not they are will to break a wage structure that has bveen successful is unlikely. That means no M'bappe. What was interesting about that was is that by all accounts the player himself is open to the move. My buddy also said in his near 20yrs of working in the industry almost to a man every player 'follows the money' not the 'silverware'.

As a caveat to that he told me In that the market is truly fucked. Barca and Real are both pretty much hamstrung financially (although Real are pretty much bank rolled by the Spanish Government so they are in a slightly better position) That means the players themselves have to face the reality that what they want in terms of finance and silverware isn't exactly the gravy train it was pre pandemic. Look at Salah for example. City are very much on tenderhooks in regards to FFP, Chelsea are fucked which leaves only really PSG and hilariously Utd (who have a habit of attempting to buy themselves out of trouble - Badly!) and bizarrely the Toon as the only players at the table with the minerals - The financial clout Newcastle are about to inject into the market is (according to my buddy) going to be pretty seismic so agents, players and boardrooms are waiting on them in a lot of ways. This coming window is too soon for them though he thinks. I asked him why and he said it's because no fucker knows who Eddie Howe is... Which I guess is a fair point. Then again money talks.

I asked him what he thought would happen - He reckons there will be movement with Haaland, Bellingham. Salah stays and even tyhough it might seem ludicrious to some there is a possibility of M'bappe (albeit a very very small one)

I guess none of that really is news but well.... Thought Id share.

So I thought I'd share some news from the Yoga mat (and occasional trampolining bounce 'fun') - So here's the juice from what I've gathered from my rotund chum over the last four or five weeks while stretching glutes and knacking my shins on the metal bit of the trampoline.

Seems there is no doubt at all that the very main priority is Bellingham. That's not really news but what is interesting is that while Julian Ward is on point with the nuts and bolts transfers (Carvalho and recently Diaz etc) and by all accounts doing a very good job. Edwards has been focused on this particular piece of business for over 18 months. Contact with Dortmund, the player and his family has been made and has been extremely positive. My buddy likened it to a 'parting gift' - Although he did point out that rather amusingly it seems Keita is the one to be the makeweight in a 90mill+ transfer. As my buddy pointed out it's the one bit of business that Edwards did that wasn't exactly a 'masterstroke'

Haaland going in the same summer window is a problem but not an unsurpassable one. Then sailing into the water's is a certain Newcastle Utd. This is where it gets complicated. Salah signing a new deal is now looking more and more likely. It'll probably happen in the summer - The reason for a lot of the delay is not really on Salah, it's LFC trying to work around a wage model that has served them well. My non-flexible friend likened it to Arsenal's stance on players over 30yrs old several years ago. It's kind of a stick or twist situation. The club has never been in a better position to attract the very best players. Whether or not they are will to break a wage structure that has bveen successful is unlikely. That means no M'bappe. What was interesting about that was is that by all accounts the player himself is open to the move. My buddy also said in his near 20yrs of working in the industry almost to a man every player 'follows the money' not the 'silverware'.

As a caveat to that he told me In that the market is truly fucked. Barca and Real are both pretty much hamstrung financially (although Real are pretty much bank rolled by the Spanish Government so they are in a slightly better position) That means the players themselves have to face the reality that what they want in terms of finance and silverware isn't exactly the gravy train it was pre pandemic. Look at Salah for example. City are very much on tenderhooks in regards to FFP, Chelsea are fucked which leaves only really PSG and hilariously Utd (who have a habit of attempting to buy themselves out of trouble - Badly!) and bizarrely the Toon as the only players at the table with the minerals - The financial clout Newcastle are about to inject into the market is (according to my buddy) going to be pretty seismic so agents, players and boardrooms are waiting on them in a lot of ways. This coming window is too soon for them though he thinks. I asked him why and he said it's because no fucker knows who Eddie Howe is... Which I guess is a fair point. Then again money talks.

I asked him what he thought would happen - He reckons there will be movement with Haaland, Bellingham. Salah stays and even tyhough it might seem ludicrious to some there is a possibility of M'bappe (albeit a very very small one)

Well that's all very very sweet - what's not to love about Mo re-signing and Bellingham joining (though I'd like to keep Keita for that depth in midfield, since Millie really has dropped off now). We just have to sacrifice someone to ensure it all comes to pass !

I think Bellingham looks amazing, but I'm still a bit spooked about bundesliga players tbh. Sancho and Werner have completely failed to carry over their form to the PL. Otoh just trying to analyse Bellingham's skill set, rather than his actual stats, and it does look like he's the real deal...

I reckon if we sign Bellingham and M’bappe after winning the Quad and seeing Everton relegated - I reckon I might chance my arm looking for a threesome with Scarlet Johansson and Ana de Armas, crack open a bottle of Henschke Hill of Grace and have them feed it to me, while picking lottery numbers in various different countries and identifying which tropical island I’ll buy to retire on.

Nice one Lewy. Whose glutes were you stretching BTW? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom