• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non-LFC Transfer Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStar

Well-Known
I firmly believe now is the time to strengthen, relatively speaking we have more cash on hand than many clubs in Europe, we are seen as a winning team, we have a great manager. We didnt spend last season, it wont make us a bad team but we would be voluntarily surrendering a huge advantage. City will spend, Utd will spend huge, Chelsea will back Lampard after having a ban in place last summer.

Agreed. The great teams have always done it and, with our recent record and Klopp to attract players as well as Edwards behind the scenes, we're very well placed to push on in the market.

I think it’d be prudent to wait and see just how much the transfer market tanks before making purchases.

I firmly believe now is the time to strengthen, relatively speaking we have more cash on hand than many clubs in Europe, we are seen as a winning team, we have a great manager. We didnt spend last season, it wont make us a bad team but we would be voluntarily surrendering a huge advantage. City will spend, Utd will spend huge, Chelsea will back Lampard after having a ban in place last summer.
Whilst I agree with striking whilst the iron is hot (and ours is white hot - Werner please, pretty please) I can't see many clubs lashing out loads with the threat of CV-19 disrupting/voiding next season's competitions.

This season will get finished to ensure everyone gets paid but next season has a massive question mark hanging over it. Clubs could well go bankrupt and many will tighten those purse strings to ensure that doesn't happen.

Many players will be stuck where they are. Many others out of contract will find they have no club willing to sign them up. Salaries for new contracts will be slashed. Ditto Bonuses. Ditto Transfer Fees. We are entering a new era of parsimonious club behaviour.

Whilst I agree with striking whilst the iron is hot (and ours is white hot - Werner please, pretty please) I can't see many clubs lashing out loads with the threat of CV-19 disrupting/voiding next season's competitions.

This season will get finished to ensure everyone gets paid but next season has a massive question mark hanging over it. Clubs could well go bankrupt and many will tighten those purse strings to ensure that doesn't happen.

Many players will be stuck where they are. Many others out of contract will find they have no club willing to sign them up. Salaries for new contracts will be slashed. Ditto Bonuses. Ditto Transfer Fees. We are entering a new era of parsimonious club behaviour.
Yep. The good thing for us is, with the exception of a back up LB, & backup quality forward, we're pretty much set up for the next season at the very least.

Regards the left back you'd assume it'd be a modest cost (relatively speaking) so we may get that sorted.

Long term, it's a kick in the teeth, cos I have no doubt whatsoever that the rebuild/evolution that Klopp planned was planned to start this summer. Of course everyone is in the same boat, but it will benefit those clubs who can shell out more for players all at once in the long term.

Yep. The good thing for us is, with the exception of a back up LB, & backup quality forward, we're pretty much set up for the next season at the very least.

Regards the left back you'd assume it'd be a modest cost (relatively speaking) so we may get that sorted.

Long term, it's a kick in the teeth, cos I have no doubt whatsoever that the rebuild/evolution that Klopp planned was planned to start this summer. Of course everyone is in the same boat, but it will benefit those clubs who can shell out more for players all at once in the long term.
Happily as you say we are quite well positioned. It might look worse for those in need of a rebuild (City, Arse, Spurs perhaps, United to a degree). Probably we can mange 1-2 players we really want per season but no knowing how CV-19 is going to look next season. Maybe 12-18 months until the vaccine is out and updated each year.

Koulibaly continues to be linked.

With Lovren and Matip mentioned as going the other way.

VvD, Gomez and Koulibaly in the same squad. Its stuff only for Football Manager I think sadly, would be awesome though.

I hope it's Lovren or Matip, preferably the former. Not sure three would be enough and I don't want rid of Matip anyway. Come to that I'd sooner keep Lovren than rely on just the three.

It seems unlikely that wether the season restarts or not that Arsenal will get into Europe next season. i would like to see us put in a checky bid for Gabriel Martinelli (18) and throw in Lovren or Matip, & Lallana as part of the deal

Arsenal are rumored to be looking to sell six players in the coming window...Mkhitaryan,Torreria,Bellerin,Martinez,Lacazette,Saka,Elneny,Mustafi & Ozil among others

Flog Lovren to anyone stupid enough to take him, yes. Matip can stay, though.

I'd take Martinelli or Saka off Arsenal if possible. Though, to be honest, I don't think we will be signing anyone.

I agree. The whole market is going to take about 3 years to sort out. Nobody will sign or sell anyone of note.

I agree. The whole market is going to take about 3 years to sort out. Nobody will sign or sell anyone of note.

I think the opposite will happen - I think a lot more players will move as clubs seek money from transfers to keep afloat.

I think transfer fees will crash - but the elite clubs that are financially sound will potentially do well out of this, potentially. So big clubs up to their eyeballs in debt... not so well.

I think we’ll be sensible and continue to live within our means - Spurs are fucked, City, unfortunately will likely be able to rebuild more speedily & cheaply than they would have.

Of course they will. It's not all about the clubs - the players have a say in it and many will not stay where they are for the next 2-3 years. At max one year to sort out.

I think @FoxForceFive alluded too the fact that so many leagues require trickle down from the premier league money. Belgium clubs have received a billion from English clubs in the last 5 years. Barca, Juve and 3 other clubs I can’t remember received a billion in fees over the same period.

Unless the league is completed these sort of transfers will not happen at all. The premier league is where the money all starts and gets transfers flowing.

Players won’t move to clubs outside the mega rich because they don’t get the salary they want or the selling clubs will sell key players. Just say we buy Koulibaly, Napoli wouldn’t realistically be able to reinvest that money on “the next Koulibaly” as they’d end up servicing debt built up. Clubs will “trim the fat” getting big salary low output players out of the squad (see Lallana) and service debt without impacting potential success.

Reactions: Evo
Of course they will. It's not all about the clubs - the players have a say in it and many will not stay where they are for the next 2-3 years. At max one year to sort out.

The players do have a say but they won’t be moving to massive contracts as they would have in the past. That’s the usual big driver to move.

There is going to be a huge reset in football transfers because of this.

I think the opposite will happen - I think a lot more players will move as clubs seek money from transfers to keep afloat.

I think transfer fees will crash - but the elite clubs that are financially sound will potentially do well out of this, potentially. So big clubs up to their eyeballs in debt... not so well.

I think we’ll be sensible and continue to live within our means - Spurs are fucked, City, unfortunately will likely be able to rebuild more speedily & cheaply than they would have.

I believe you are right. There were rumors of Arsenal looking to off load players even before the Covid 19 thing exploded. If the transfer window is extended this year and especially if the season is void expect a lot of movement and cut price deals. At present Utd (45 pts) holds that 5th spot with both Wolves and Sheffield United just two point adrift (43 pts), and should City serve a european ban as it stands Wolves would take the 5th spot

No.... Lyon would like you to think they want an early sale, so as they can turn it into a protracted affair that lasts the entire window while they keep trying to drive the price up

Whats this about Ox for Partey in swap deal?

Media BS or some genuinity behind this?

If you would have asked me 12 months ago with all his injuries I'd have loved this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom