• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non-LFC Transfer Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? He's shit and Henderson is easily the 2nd or 3rd best keeper in the league now. Alexis Sanchez is paid a shit ton of money but Utd let him rot. They are made of money
Yep. In the end, it is all about results on the pitch.

Pretty much any manager worth his salt will do his utmost to boost his players' confidence. Doesn't mean he actually believes it.

Not automatically, no, but it does when he leaves the other guy out on loan listening to this stuff from afar.

Any chance our big signing int he summer is Aouar ?

Doubt there will be any big signing at all. Let alone Aouar, who will cost an absolute fortune.

Great player, but doubt it will ever happen. Definitely not this summer.

Interesting, his salary would be high also he's not young anymore is he? ...I've never really rated him as much as others have, even though he played well in Tottenhams hard working team. But if we got him I wouldn't be upset either

We have to sign Muriel, I'm serious. Another absolute stunner yesterday. Also won the corner for the 1st goal:

His stats are unreal: 10 Serie A starts, 17 (!) goals. This translates to roughly 1 goal every 63 minutes – this are 1st season Salah numbers, off the bench. This is a player ideally suited to solve our problem of the drop-off in quality when one of the front 3 is not playing.

We have to sign Muriel, I'm serious. Another absolute stunner yesterday. Also won the corner for the 1st goal:

His stats are unreal: 10 Serie A starts, 17 (!) goals. This translates to roughly 1 goal every 63 minutes – this are 1st season Salah numbers, off the bench. This is a player ideally suited to solve our problem of the drop-off in quality when one of the front 3 is not playing.
The Muriel train left years ago. Believe me, some of us here really wanted us to sign him.
He's 45 now, so like I said. Train gone.

Last edited:
The Muriel train left years ago. Believe me, some of us here were really wanted us to sign him.
He's 45 now, so like I said. Train gone.

He turned 29 in April. The train is gone as far as him becoming the 2nd coming of Ronaldo, simply because he doesn't have the stamina to last as a starter for a whole season. But the thing with players of such outrageous God-given ability is that it always shines through. Think about how Klopp used Sturridge in his last couple of seasons – his legs were totally gone, but the "genius" finishing will be with him even when he's 45. And from what I've seen this season, Muriel's legs are as fast as ever and his right foot shot is currently one of the best in the game – Gasperini has been playing him for 25 minutes in each game with some occasional starts and got himself a consistent match-winner.

I also think Brewster would learn a lot watching him – they are similar type of strikers. We could easily sell Origi for more than Muriel would cost due to their respective age and get a quality back-up for the front 3 while Brewster develops.

Last edited:
He's 29. The train is gone as far as him becoming the 2nd coming of Ronaldo, simply because he doesn't have the stamina to last as a starter for a whole season. But the thing with players of such outrageous God-given ability is that it always shines through. Think about how Klopp used Sturridge in his last couple of seasons – his legs were totally gone, but the "genius" finishing will be with him even when he's 45. And from what I've seen this season, Muriel's legs are as fast as ever and his right foot shot is currently one of the best in the game – Gasperini has been playing him for 30 minutes in each game with some occasional starts and got himself a consistent match-winner.

I also think Brewster would learn a lot watching him – he's a similar type of striker. We could easily sell Origi for more than Muriel would cost due to their respective age and get a quality back-up for the front 3 while Brewster develops.
I think we'd be hindering Brewster's progress in the process. Also I'm not even sure if Muriel would want to leave Italy to come to England. The last few times I saw him he looked a bit on the chubby side.
And if there's one thing Klopp doesn't like, it's unfit players. Of course I'd want him as backup but, nah... it ain't gonna happen. Don't fixate on it too much.

I think we'd be hindering Brewster's progress in the process. Also I'm not even sure if Muriel would want to leave Italy to come to England. The last few times I saw him he looked a bit on the chubby side.
And if there's one thing Klopp doesn't like, it's unfit players. Of course I'd want him as backup but, nah... it ain't gonna happen. Don't fixate on it too much.

It's a bit of a myth that Klopp can only work with marathon runners. At Dortmund he's won a title with a CF called Lucas Barrios who who didn't run or defend much, but scored loads. I already mentioned Sturridge; he also made better use of Coutinho than any other manager in his career. Klopp appreciates natural talent; what he doesn't tolerate is bad attitude.

It's a bit of a myth that Klopp can only work with marathon runners. At Dortmund he's won a title with a CF called Lucas Barrios who who didn't run or defend much, but scored loads. I already mentioned Sturridge; he also made better use of Coutinho than any other manager in his career. Klopp appreciates natural talent; what he doesn't tolerate is bad attitude.

I'm not sure if Sturridge is a good example.

I, like Modo, was on the Muriel train years ago when it seemed like he might develop into a beast (why did that never happen) but just don’t see it now.

It just feels like we’d end up with a player we don’t know quite when or how to use.

Sturridge was generally a reluctant last throw of the dice rather that a depended upon player in my opinion.

The problem we have now is that the likes of Origi can perform on their day but more often than not just look out of place in our team.

We need a couple of players that we can feel confident about starting regularly if need be.

Napoli are spending the Koulibaly money, aren't they? Think he'll definitely land up at City.

Napoli had a net spend of 130 mill £ last season, so I think its possible for them to buy a player of Osihmen's calibre and fee without selling anyone one. But if Koulibaly is supposed to leave anytime in his career, it would be this summer I guess. He's 29 now.

He's not the typical Pep or City defender though.

Luis Muriel

Reason for oncy to never come back

"These sexy cunts we are being linked to is filling me with joy.
Luis Muriel
Luis Alberto
Iago Aspas
We surely cant be about to be good again can we?

Someone go check another clubs forums see if its the same elsewhere.

If we do THIS business, THIS quick im going to Fap until only jizzy gas comes out.

I might even buy a fucking dumbledore hat for this year."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom