• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non-LFC Transfer Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may just be my old age, and dodgy memory, but I am sure there never used to be Left Centre Backs and Right Centre Backs, you just had two centre backs, full stop, end of story.

He turned 29 in April. The train is gone as far as him becoming the 2nd coming of Ronaldo, simply because he doesn't have the stamina to last as a starter for a whole season. But the thing with players of such outrageous God-given ability is that it always shines through. Think about how Klopp used Sturridge in his last couple of seasons – his legs were totally gone, but the "genius" finishing will be with him even when he's 45. And from what I've seen this season, Muriel's legs are as fast as ever and his right foot shot is currently one of the best in the game – Gasperini has been playing him for 25 minutes in each game with some occasional starts and got himself a consistent match-winner.

I also think Brewster would learn a lot watching him – they are similar type of strikers. We could easily sell Origi for more than Muriel would cost due to their respective age and get a quality back-up for the front 3 while Brewster develops.
If we're truly skint, then as a completely left field suggestion, how about Andre Ayew?
  • He has a year left on his deal at Swansea, so should be cheap
  • Scored 15 goals this year.
  • Massive Liverpool fan, and would jump at the chance of playing for us even for a season or two
  • Strong and quick and can genuinely play across the front 3 - LW, RW and CF. Highly experienced and scorer of scruffy goals.
  • Existing chemistry with Brewster at Swansea. So maybe we sell Origi, recall Brewster and sign Ayew
Our attacking options behind the usual front three would be say Brewster, Ayew, Minamino.

Next summer hopefully we can go for a big signing like Sancho.

Come on man, the Andre Ayew ship sailed along with Arda Turan Simao Quaresma and the rest of them.

We need fresh young blood, not more 30 year old crocks.

If we're truly skint, then as a completely left field suggestion, how about Andre Ayew?
  • He has a year left on his deal at Swansea, so should be cheap
  • Scored 15 goals this year.
  • Massive Liverpool fan, and would jump at the chance of playing for us even for a season or two
  • Strong and quick and can genuinely play across the front 3 - LW, RW and CF. Highly experienced and scorer of scruffy goals.
  • Existing chemistry with Brewster at Swansea. So maybe we sell Origi, recall Brewster and sign Ayew
Our attacking options behind the usual front three would be say Brewster, Ayew, Minamino.

Next summer hopefully we can go for a big signing like Sancho.

Are you pulling our leg re Ayew? Surely?
He's consistently not scored goals everywhere he's been. His best tally over here was 15, in the championship.

that-season-im-out-meme-1024x639.jpg

I wonder if we'll look to do some loan signings with the relegated sides?

I see we've been linked with Lloyd Kelly again, he cost Bournemouth a fair bit so they won't be selling him on the cheap but could we offer them a loan fee and cover his wages whilst they try to get promoted? We get a player cheapish without blowing the budget, Bournemouth get a loan fee and free up some wages? Win win right?

I've just read that Thomas Lemar nay be available from Atletico. £80 million, wasn't he? And last season it was João Félix. Atletico has made some truly astonishing signings-- big money players who don't fit the style of play employed by Simeon. Where does all that money come from?

They sold Greizman last summer for stupid money. They've just moved into a new stadium with better corporate facilities and better commercial income. They're probably the 2nd best run club in La Liga after Real Madrid.

Are you pulling our leg re Ayew? Surely?
He's consistently not scored goals everywhere he's been. His best tally over here was 15, in the championship.
We're broke. I'm just trying to set expectations.

They sold Greizman last summer for stupid money. They've just moved into a new stadium with better corporate facilities and better commercial income. They're probably the 2nd best run club in La Liga after Real Madrid.
I see. It’s a great stadium, I agree.

Still weird acquisitions, though. Unless the idea is to sell them on. And the Griezman money wasn’t as much as Atletico wanted, right?

Barcelona really fucked themselves with their recent signings
Dembele
Coutinho
Grezimann
De Jong

None of those players are doing anything on a team still being carried by Messi & Suarez.

Agree @LeTallecWiz Barca are shafted. They've had very poor planning withbthe succession of Insta, Xavi, Suarez and now Messi. They need to massive invest in their squad but it's the perfect tsunami. They can't get rid of the likes of Coutinho, Dembele, Greizman, not for the fees they want. Covid19 has decimated income streams, they were supposed to be redeveloping Camp Not but st a cost of a billion Euros I cant see that happening any time soon and of course their wage bill is through the roof

Barcelona really fucked themselves with their recent signings
Dembele
Coutinho
Grezimann
De Jong

None of those players are doing anything on a team still being carried by Messi & Suarez.
No decent coach would want to go to a club where the he would rank below Messi. A decent coach could easily turn their fortunes around, you only have to look at Real Madrid to see what decent coach can do.

So glad we didn't get Lemar,

Not a fan of going all out on a player with only 1 good season under his name.

Whereas players like Sadio Virgil Mo Fabs had 2+

STATS 19/20

[xtable]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2}Competition{/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tfoot}
{tr}
{td=colspan:2}Total :{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}197{/td}
{td}2.362{/td}
{/tr}
{/tfoot}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
fr1.png
{/td}
{td}Ligue 1{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}172{/td}
{td}1.896{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
frc.png
{/td}
{td}Coupe de France{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}261{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
clq.png
{/td}
{td}Champions League Qualifying{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}33{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
nl1.png
{/td}
{td}Eredivisie{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}82{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
nlsc.png
{/td}
{td}Johan Cruijff Schaal{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}90{/td}
{td}90{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Is 11 goals in 23 games any good or bang average for a striker of his calibre?

STATS 19/20

[xtable=skin1]
{thead}
{tr}
{th=colspan:2}Competition{/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{th} {/th}
{/tr}
{/thead}
{tfoot}
{tr}
{td=colspan:2}Total :{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}197{/td}
{td}2.362{/td}
{/tr}
{/tfoot}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
fr1.png
{/td}
{td}Ligue 1{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}172{/td}
{td}1.896{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
frc.png
{/td}
{td}Coupe de France{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}261{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
clq.png
{/td}
{td}Champions League Qualifying{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}33{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
nl1.png
{/td}
{td}Eredivisie{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}82{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}
nlsc.png
{/td}
{td}Johan Cruijff Schaal{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}-{/td}
{td}90{/td}
{td}90{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Is 11 goals in 23 games any good or bang average for a striker of his calibre?

Well it’s more or less 1 in 2 which I think is pretty good. Is 172 the mins per goal and 1896 total mins played over the 23 appearances?

Only the elite strikers get better like Suarez Lewa Benzema Aguero Salah Cavani Torres in his prime etc, Obvs he’s not in that calibre.

Luis Muriel does it again – came on as a sub and scored the winning goal:

Not so sure about the "onion bag" on his head though...

BTW, mods, it's super confusing to have 2 nearly identical transfer threads – I can never remember which one I've posted in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom