• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non-LFC Transfer Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi-res-ad05043ccd55086cbf1e0ad601ca0c60_crop_north.jpg

We’re linked with this chap again.

Hadn’t recognised him at all :) The Barcelona kit had thrown me as well as the youthful looks.

Werner is a smokescreen for Sancho, who is a smokescreen for Mbappe, who is a smokescreen for a new contract for Rhian Brewster.

Sad but probably true.
As well as Klopp saying how we don't need Sancho because of the emergence of Curtis Jones.

He will do.
Good player for the Firmino role even.
Shades of Suarez with better awareness and passing.
Also a tough little Argie.

He scared me to death in the last game against Wolves. But there's a bit of the Ronnie Rosenthal about him.
You mean we should sing him on loan for the last 9 games of the season, he scores a perfect hat trick in his first game, then adds a few more to secure the title and looks like a world beater. Then we make the move permanent for an eye watering £1M, and he turns to shit?

You mean we should sing him on loan for the last 9 games of the season, he scores a perfect hat trick in his first game, then adds a few more to secure the title and looks like a world beater. Then we make the move permanent for an eye watering £1M, and he turns to shit?

Well, the 'but' wasn't intended to suggest optimism.

The LFC spin doctors are quick to include wages into the equation when they want to justify not buying a player. When they want to hype up what an incredible bargain they've bought (eg Minamino), no wages are included (even though, quite often, the relatively low transfer fee often means higher wages). The PR always gets heavily weighted like this when there are anxieties among the fans. I see now Joyce and others are actually claiming, with a straight face, that not buying Werner will be good for Minamino, 'who will now have a chance to prove himself'. What then was the plan for him prior to the end of the Werner pursuit? Languishing in the reserves and not being given the chance to prove himself? What a load of cobblers.

Makes sense to give him another month or two but not a contract for next season. It's a shame he's been so injury prone.

Chelsea prepared to spend 75m for Havertz....Ziyech Werner and now possibly Havertz.

They've become the new Spurs taking all our targets.

If we cant make 1 big signing this summer then we'll struggle to maintain the success we've done the last 2 years.

We will be just fine for another 12 months with what we have. Things are fucked up right now and nobody knows exactly what will happen in the market.

Let’s just see what deadwood we can get rid of, when we can get crowds back and then start making judgements on where to put our money.

In order I’d like:

Back up for Robbo. - I’m not expecting huge outlay on this
An upgrade on Wijnaldum, especially if he isn’t signing a new deal - this could be expensive
An upgrade on Origi - this could be a mid-range but who may push on to replace one of our front 3 next season when we end up selling one

Yes it’s a kick in the balls not spending for another summer but we have a better stadium and training facilities which aren’t exactly cheap.

People just need to keep their heads.

It could be about valuations, but who the fuck knows.
IF it's true, I suspect it will be about cash in the current year. Possibly had to shell out £50m up-front for Wener, plus agent fees etc whereas another player costing £100m could mean £30-40m up front and the rest over 2 years (especially if we include performance based contingencies in the transfer fee).

So the headline payment looks like twice as much but we'd actually be saving £10-20m of cash in the current year, and that will almost certainly be where the pinch-point is.

Wages and agent fees could also be a factor - if the total fee looks like a bargain, the agent will usually be looking for higher wages for the player and a bigger fee for himself.

basliksiz-1-y5HM_cover.jpg

Burak Ince, Ravil Tagir

[article]Liverpool are considering a £6.6million bid to sign exciting Turkish duo Ravil Tagir and Burak Ince, according to a report.

The pair play for Turkish second-tier side Altinordu and have made a combined 46 appearances this season.

Tagir, a 17-year-old defender, has made the most progress to date, playing 26 of 28 league games this term.

What’s more, he is also working his way through Turkey’s youth ranks, currently playing at Under-17 level.

Attacking midfielder Ince, meanwhile, is at Under-16 level on the international stage and he has been involved in four goals in 19 appearances this campaign.

According to Yeni Asir, Liverpool are considering a swoop for the pair for a combined price of €7.5million (£6.6million).

Negotiations between both clubs are reportedly underway and the Altinordu president has backed the pair to move to the Premier League.

Sevit Mehment Ozkan said: “It is our first goal to watch the footballers we train in the Premier League.”

In any case, the players will be with Altinordu until they turn 18 and can acquire a work permit.[/article]

IF it's true, I suspect it will be about cash in the current year. Possibly had to shell out £50m up-front for Wener, plus agent fees etc whereas another player costing £100m could mean £30-40m up front and the rest over 2 years (especially if we include performance based contingencies in the transfer fee).

So the headline payment looks like twice as much but we'd actually be saving £10-20m of cash in the current year, and that will almost certainly be where the pinch-point is.

Wages and agent fees could also be a factor - if the total fee looks like a bargain, the agent will usually be looking for higher wages for the player and a bigger fee for himself.

We are letting quite a few lads go though, or at least we planned to.

We are letting quite a few lads go though, or at least we planned to.
Yes, and that will give us some leeway in the wage budget, but how much we raise in fees will be hard to call. In most of the last few transfer windows, our business approaching the closure of the window tended to be shifting guys out (or trying to, at least) rather than bringing them in, and at that point you don't always get the best price and risk a deal falling through due to time pressure. Remember how many times we were supposed to be selling Lucas, for example, and it never happened? Only one of those was a change in heart from the manager as I recall, all the other occasions were because we couldn't agree a deal. Similar with Sturridge and I seem to recall we were rumoured to be selling Clyne last year but he got injured.

We know that by letting Lallana and Clyne leave we'll free up some wages, but it's difficult to predict what we'll bring in fee wise for the likes of Wilson, Shaqiri, Lovren etc (the latter 2 would also free-up wages but Wilson won't help much in that respect as we've historically covered his wage costs through loans). I'm sure the club will be keen to do sales as soon as possible so they know what they have to play with, but I think this summer's transfer market will quickly descend into a game of chicken. Chelsea, Man City, PSG, maybe even Newcastle will throw cash around because they're not real businesses, but it will take a deal between two self-sufficient clubs for a quality player with a contract for 2 years + (i.e. a transaction with no artificial influences on pricing) to establish what "par" is in the market.

From there, it'll be easier to gauge what is a market value deal and clubs will be more comfortable spending. My sense is that a lot of clubs will wait until late in the window and seek to exploit the need to sell for other clubs in financial difficulty (be it a big club with FFP issues, like when we bought Salah from Roma, or a smaller club at risk of bankruptcy). Given that we've got an established first XI and some depth behind them, we're don't look like losing any key players, and we have a recent history of easing players in (Robbo, Fabinho, Minamino) then I don't see why we would make any hasty purchases, unless they are players Klopp knows can slot right in (like Virgil), are available on good terms already (i.e. a no-brainer deal like Minamino) or there are other clubs after them (in which case the competition for those players basically sets their market price).

Chelsea prepared to spend 75m for Havertz....Ziyech Werner and now possibly Havertz.

They've become the new Spurs taking all our targets.

If we cant make 1 big signing this summer then we'll struggle to maintain the success we've done the last 2 years.

They're not the new Spurs

They're the Chel$ea they've always been. At least they're not buying our players now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom