• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Non-LFC Transfer Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great footballer , technically superior to all we've attempted to play in advanced roles since he left BUT he's a cunt and he left in cunty circumstances if klopp and the club are big enough people to see past that ,then brilliant because he would be an asset.

Maybe, I think that ship has sailed.
If we were ever to consider it, the deal would have to be insanely benifical for us financially.
Massive cunt though, and very prone to back injuries...

I saw PSG are going to cut Cavani. He might be a short term option. 1 year deal.

Free transfer.. 80k a week. No agents fees or signing on fees.

Maybe we'd consider it.

I think it also hinges on whether how much we lose out on the original deal. Can't remember if Barca are supposed to pay us by installments, but there definitely were alot of add-ons that should be activated.

Philippe Coutinho offers to take pay cut in personal plea to Jurgen Klopp to green light Liverpool return

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/14/philippe-coutinho-arsenal-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-transfer-12849455/
That's pretty desperate. Why doesn't he just do a Winston Borgade? After all, if I recall at all well, his prime motive was for his family to have a life in Spain which is culturally closer to Brazil.
Barcelona do not owe us anything. We sold the debt on to a third party.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../barcelona-still-owe-almost-100m-17043629.amp
That was a smart move with hindsight— Klopp himself hinted at that (it was going to go belly up) when talking about being just another player at Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern etc,

It may have supplied us with the liquidity to put down the first instalment (or 3) on Van Dijk and Alison.

Coutinho re-signing is the new Michael Owen re-signing saga.

Barcelona do not owe us anything. We sold the debt on to a third party.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../barcelona-still-owe-almost-100m-17043629.amp

That deal will only have covered the guaranteed fees, not the performance-related instalments (rumours were these related to appearances and on-pitch success for Barca - e.g. winning La Liga or Champions League).

If he leaves Barca then we could lose out on any contingent elements of the fee that haven't already been triggered, depending on how the agreement is worded (I'd be surprised if Barca didn't specify that he had to be at the club or even to have played for them in the relevant season order to trigger the extra payments related to on-pitch success).

I wouldn't have him back personally, I don't think he fits the way we play anymore.

So he’ll be a marquee signing for Newcastle and end up rotting in stoke?
Yep.. then in 5-10 years from now he'll say he was 'desperate' to return, he thought it'd be easy to return. But the Barcelona president told him Newcastle had bid higher, so it was Newcastle or rot in Barcelona B.

That deal will only have covered the guaranteed fees, not the performance-related instalments (rumours were these related to appearances and on-pitch success for Barca - e.g. winning La Liga or Champions League).

If he leaves Barca then we could lose out on any contingent elements of the fee that haven't already been triggered, depending on how the agreement is worded (I'd be surprised if Barca didn't specify that he had to be at the club or even to have played for them in the relevant season order to trigger the extra payments related to on-pitch success).

I wouldn't have him back personally, I don't think he fits the way we play anymore.
Not necessarily. If it was done at the start of the deal, I'd imagine the debt management company would have given us a partial payment for the non-guaranteed elements.

If we were clever we'd have ensured no clawback options in non-recoverable fees.

Not necessarily. If it was done at the start of the deal, I'd imagine the debt management company would have given us a partial payment for the non-guaranteed elements.

If we were clever we'd have ensured no clawback options in non-recoverable fees.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, in my view there's no way a finance company pays against contingencies that weren't triggered, and even if they had offered to it would have been discounted massively to a level we probably wouldn't have accepted.

I don't believe it was done up-front either. In the year of sale, the club's debtors increased by £82.5m, in the following year they went down £63.4m.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one, in my view there's no way a finance company pays against contingencies that weren't triggered, and even if they had offered to it would have been discounted massively to a level we probably wouldn't have accepted.

I don't believe it was done up-front either. In the year of sale, the club's debtors increased by £82.5m, in the following year they went down £63.4m.
That's why I said if it was done at the start of the deal. You are correct about it being heavily discounted to probably around 20% of the total value up front of the non-guaranteed elements. Rapidly depreciating every Barcelona game.

I'm not sure at what price I think we should even be interested in Coutinho the rat. He's not as good as the front 3, but can play in the Mane position. He's a better number 10 than anything we've got anywhere in squad, although I'm not sure where he's best as Barca tried him there as they bought him for the 10, and he was bollocks there.
I'd say he's good 'punt' at say 20mill and 150k a week, but I'd have thought Barca would want 75mill and he'd want 200-300k a week. Fuck that.

I still think we need 1 marquee signing, a statement of intent to keep the squad fresh.

Problem is we are so strong everywhere. Perhaps a CB to replace Lovren and Matip? Or a LB? I did think striker to replace Origi.. but that hasn't worked out.

But no one coming in is going to be an automatic starter next year.

Philippe Coutinho offers to take pay cut in personal plea to Jurgen Klopp to green light Liverpool return

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/14/philippe-coutinho-arsenal-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-transfer-12849455/
I'd love to have Coutinho back, he'd fit right in. We'd have an additional attacking midfielder/ winger.
Ya'll must have forgot:

Problem is, it doesn't solve the striker "problem" (yeah I don't rate Origi").
Also, it does makes it even harder for players like Elliott to break in, but he's still very young.

Last edited:
Anyone who *wouldn't* take him back is crazy imo but also yea he'd only come on a loan wouldn't he. Like Kagawa, Şahin, Gotze. He'd come back, not be as good, and be in China in 2 years but I'd still take him back

At his best he's a fine player and he seems desperate to get back to where he once belonged. I'd take him IF (a) we have a place for him in the squad/team and (b) the price is right.

I can't see him return, but If he did I think that we would see a different Philippe Coutinho, one that would go out of his way to please the manager with a new and better attitude. One that would work harder for his team mates, that would try to set them up more, and he would know that he would have to endear himself to the supporters by showing a new work ethic and commitment to the Club, his team mates and manager...

He knows that his head was turned by Barca. He knows that he made a career changing mistake, and desperately regrets it. And although he knows there is no real way back, he still hopes he can somehow achieve it. Which is why he is willing to take a pay cut, hoping we will give him another chance....

He was a quality player for us and I would have him back... But I can’t see Barca letting him come back to us on the cheap, so sorry Philippe you have to live with the choices that you made

Isn't tomorrow (in two minutes today) the last day to trigger Werner's buy-out?

Barca will want around 80m+ for him.

If we didn't pay 50m for Werner to come sit on the bench, I can't see why Klopp would spend more for Coutinho to come sit on the bench ...

I'd love to have Coutinho back, he'd fit right in. We'd have an additional attacking midfielder/ winger.
Ya'll must have forgot:

Problem is, it doesn't solve the striker "problem" (yeah I don't rate Origi").
Also, it does makes it even harder for players like Elliott to break in, but he's still very young.

I think it helps the striker problem by giving us more options in terms of attacking formations (4-3-1-2) and allowing Mané to play through the middle if required. Id take him back at a reasonable price, but I dont think it will happen.

Barca will want around 80m+ for him.

If we didn't pay 50m for Werner to come sit on the bench, I can't see why Klopp would spend more for Coutinho to come sit on the bench ...

Klopp did seem to imply that until the market is clear and players salary sacrifices can be squared with an outlay the club wont be moving on any player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom