1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Transfer rumours

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by rurikbird, Feb 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibromurph

ibromurph Well-Known Member

I'm behind Jurgen in believing in the potential of players like Brewster, Origi, Ox, Gomez and Keita to contribute more this season.

However, what's undeniable is we need strength in depth at FB and in the 3 positions upfront. He said we were not going to have a big summer. I don't mind that.

Just so long as we sign TWO quality players in the those positions. A N.Pepe type + a FB and I'm sure the fans will be content.

Every other position we have decent coverage for.

Frogfish and refugee like this.
  2. Hass

Hass Well-Known Member

Fulham spent a £100m last season and look what happened to them. If bright player is available at the right price then I trust us to get that player. But I'm happy to bide time till then

3. keniget

keniget Part of the Furniture Member

What's that got to do with anything?

4. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

I believe Klopp said 6 months in another interview .. and it's not a 'bad' ACL injury.

"Clyney himself thought it was a knock at the time," said Klopp. "Nothing else. It looked a normal situation.
    "Of all the injuries you can get, ACL is the one you don't want. But if you are going to get an ACL, he has the best one to be honest.
    "His is isolated, it's not 100% ruptured, but he will need surgery and it will take time. I don't think it will have a big influence on his career, but it's not a good moment for the player or for us as a team.
    "You can prepare as much as you want but there are always problems. This is one of them.

5. keniget

keniget Part of the Furniture Member

Either way, he's unlikely to play for us again.

6. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

Klopp on Bale and Transfers :

"Bale is a Real Madrid player and if he leaves it will be outstandingly expensive and big wages. "He is an outstanding player, I like him a lot but it is not about him. You have to create a team. A team is not a collection of the best individual players, they have to work together.

"Liverpool is a long-term project. The team is really good. Will there be difficult situations? Probably. There would be if we bring in a new player, or two or three. I didn't say we won't do anything, it is going to be a big window for sure but people don't think about the people who are already in. "Sometimes you have to calm the situation down, pay your bills, have a normal life and live in the house before you build a new one."

7. Silver Sean

Silver Sean Well-Known Member

When you want to negotiate do you tell people how much money you have to spend on worldwide media?
    "I'l looking for a new car."
    "Well, you've come to the right place!"
    "Great, because I have £20,000 to spend!"
    *Twirls moustache "Come this way, sir...."

8. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

Ah, smokescreen and media obfuscation in order to aid top-secret negotiations that definitely are happening behind the scenes. I see.

keniget, peekay and localny like this.
  9. localny

localny Well-Known Member

"Pay your bills".? Sounds like FSG need a year without lavish expenditure!

10. Squiggles

Squiggles Very Well-Known Member

Werner stated yesterday that the next stage of Anfields development will be more substancial than previously mentioned and the agreed plans will be allowed to expire as they are insufficient to meet our needs.

Perhaps money he being put aside for that?

11. StevieM

StevieM SCM's resident Beer Nazi, Wine Snob & Comic Geek Honorary Member

Hasn’t he said we can’t spend £200m every window?

That’s a little different.

There’s money there to spend on the right player if we need to - we’re in the same territory as City where last season - we’ll go for the odd £40-60m player if they’re the right player for our needs.

Esoteric and Judge Jules like this.
  12. moron

moron i am legend Member

Look I get it - Klopp's great and we all love him, but there is also another side to this:

1) We don't actually have enough quality to go all out in each competition.
    2) As a few others have pointed out - we were very lucky that our front 3 along with VVD/Robo, managed to stay the course without serious injury last season.
    3) We were still running pretty thin in midfield at certain points last season where we were stuck with our three from the season before - Mili, Hendo, Gini  - the not so fab 3 combination in midfield.

Yes Klopp - finds solutions, but some of our players are not suited for the backup positions they are supposed to provide - I mean Gomez is prone to injury when you want him to cover LB/RB.  Lallana is a joke when it comes reliability, and Milner could at any point find age has decided to call time on his dynamism - it is that risk.  We need to be in a position to compete in all competitions regardless of their worth. So no - the evidence over the time that Klopp has been here - is that injuries are quite common given his style of team play, level of running and effort required.  We don't win shit easy like Man City do where they make the ball do the talking.  All our midfield have to be on overdrive for most games.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. Squiggles

Squiggles Very Well-Known Member

I'd be comforted by this if we were actually linked with any. Everything so far points to nothing happening, but let's see.

14. StevieM

StevieM SCM's resident Beer Nazi, Wine Snob & Comic Geek Honorary Member

Which suggests the players he wants aren’t attainable without significantly over-paying.

Possibly.

15. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

Linked with Heaton today as our back-up GK

16. rurikbird

Real Madrid have made an offer to Ajax's Donny Van de Beek as they continue to weigh up various options in case the move to sign Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba fails to happen.
    Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has made it clear to club bosses that his preferred option is Frenchman Pogba, however executives at the Bernabéu are known to prefer Tottenham's Eriksen - that move appears to have ground to a halt however, despite Danish outlet Fyens reporting that the player was looking for a house in the Spanish capital.

Real Madrid keeping midfield options open with Van de Beek offer

Despite chasing Pogba and Eriksen, Real Madrid are keeping their options open with their offer to Van de Beek, one of the footballers who burst onto the scene with Ajax this season, as they knocked Real Madrid out of the Champions League and came incredibly close to making it to the final of the tournament.
    Eight offers for Van de Beek

According to sources consulted by this newspaper, the 22-year-old midfielder has already had eight offers from top European clubs, among them the one from Real Madrid. Van de Beek and his inner circle have however expressed reservations about a move to Madrid because it's not clear he would be a guaranteed starter under Zidane, something several other clubs are offering. Modric, Kroos and Casemiro have been fixtures in the side over the past few years and it's not clear Van de Beek would get straight in.
    The player has however done his homework and discussed Real Madrid in depth with Sneijder, who was at the Bernabéu from 2007 to 2009, when the two were on holiday at the same time in Ibiza recently.
    Real Madrid's Plan C

From Real Madrid's point of view, Van de Beek would be the cheapest option for the midfield. Man Utd have said that Pogba is non-transferable (meaning in reality an eye-watering price), while Tottenham are determined to get close to €100 million for Eriksen, even though he's only got a year left on his contract. Ajax on the other hand accept their condition as a selling club, as they've shown this summer.
    While the Dutch club have their coffers full to the brim after selling De Jong (€86 million to Barça) and are about to bank close to €70 million for De Ligt, the Ajax philosophy is not to try and hold onto players who want to progress their careers away from the club. Van de Beek would likely be valued at somewhere between 50 and 60 million, making him the cheapest option for Madrid. However, the operation will depend on what happens with Pogba and if Van de Beek is willing to wait to see how the transfer saga with the Frenchman plays out, knowing he's really Madrid's third option.

17. Red Bird

Red Bird Very Active Member

I’ve said this before but of all the Ajax players, I’d rather have him ahead of his more hyped teammates.

tomasjj likes this.
  18. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

If (I'm not sure he would be, but if) Heaton's OK with a back-up role, I'd be all over this.  Excellent keeper and the right type of individual to have around the club.

Brizzle likes this.
  19. Brizzle

Brizzle Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was all for keeping him in the squad but after another howler from Ming I think the writing is on the wall - he's gotta go.

20. rurikbird

Let's try to guess all 8:
    Spain – Real Madrid
    England – Spurs, Liverpool, United, Everton, possibly Newcastle
    Germany – Bayern
    Italy – probably Juve and maybe one more

Rumors are that he wants to move to the EPL and Spurs and United are his top 2 choices (probably because of playing time guarantees). If so, he'll have to wait pretty much until the deadline day to see how the transfer sagas of Eriksen, Pogba and Bruno Fernandes would affect him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.