• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool join the race to sign £35m-rated Ajax winger David Neres but face stiff competition from Borussia Dortmund and Paris Saint-Germain

• Liverpool have reportedly entered the race to sign Ajax winger David Neres
  • Paris Saint-Germain and Borussia Dortmund are also keen on his signature
  • The 22-year-old has impressed for Ajax domestically and in Champions League
By GLEN WILLIAMS FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 07:34, 11 April 2019 | UPDATED: 09:17, 11 April 2019

Liverpool have joined the race to sign Ajax's wing sensation David Neres this summer.
Neres, who scored in the draw against Juventus on Wednesday night, has been instrumental in Ajax's European and domestic success this term and has caught the eye of many of the continent's top clubs.
Paris Saint-Germain and Borussia Dortmund in particular have reportedly shown great interest in signing the winger, with the German club proposing a bid of £35million.
12132076-6910605-Liverpool_have_joined_the_race_to_sign_Ajax_s_wing_sensation_Dav-m-2_1554964326833.jpg

+2

Liverpool have joined the race to sign Ajax's wing sensation David Neres this summer.

Neres, who scored in the draw against Juventus on Wednesday night, has been instrumental in Ajax's European and domestic success this term and has caught the eye of many of the continent's top clubs.
Paris Saint-Germain and Borussia Dortmund in particular have reportedly shown great interest in signing the winger, with the German club proposing a bid of £35million.

But Mercato report that Jurgen Klopp's side are now showing interest and could be tempted into making a move for the player this summer.
Neres has bagged eight goals and provided 11 assists from the wing this season and would bolster Liverpool's already vaunted forward line.
The outlet claims PSG have monitored the player closely but have not submitted a concrete offer as yet – nor have Liverpool.
The Brazilian's strike against Juventus in Amsterdam, however, will certainly have piqued the interest of all three interested parties and should he continue his impressive form it may soon prompt a bidding war.

They're gonna ask something stupid for him. If you had to £65m on player, would you go a Van der Beek or Ruben Neves. Shaq will more than likely be sold if we were to move for either of those two.
Why ? Shaq obviously doesn't play in their positions so what has that got to do with him ?

No. Being interested doesn’t mean it’ll happen. Or even be close to happening. I think he’d be overpriced.

Are you implying Jennifer Lawrence is too good for a middle aged bald fatty?
Clearly not. But I'd have Morena Baccarin svp. Drop dead gorgeous and sexy as hell with it.

Yeh, I don't feel he's athletic enough for a Klopp midfield.
Xabi in his prime might not have been seen as athletic enough for a Klopp team but I bet he’d take him in a heartbeat. Şahin seemed slow and ponderous, more so than Neves, but did alright for Dortmund.
I’d love to see Neves signed.

Xabi in his prime might not have been seen as athletic enough for a Klopp team but I bet he’d take him in a heartbeat. Şahin seemed slow and ponderous, more so than Neves, but did alright for Dortmund.
I’d love to see Neves signed.

Fair point re: Şahin, but I think Alonso showed the difference between the two players (obviously Xabi was far superior anyway), because he understood that you have to fight and scrap for the right to play your game. Some players can't adapt to the reduction in time allowed in this league, and the increased physicality.

Fair point re: Şahin, but I think Alonso showed the difference between the two players (obviously Xabi was far superior anyway), because he understood that you have to fight and scrap for the right to play your game. Some players can't adapt to the reduction in time allowed in this league, and the increased physicality.
Yeah I agree. Maybe not the greatest example. But I think Neves has proven already that the league in England is absolutely fine for him. Really rate him.

Yeah I agree. Maybe not the greatest example. But I think Neves has proven already that the league in England is absolutely fine for him. Really rate him.

Agree about Neves, from what little I've seen anyway. He was also a top player in the Championship.

Do we need him now? I think we need to focus on other parts of the team.
CB, striker, attacking midfielder/winger/forwardish

Do we need him now? I think we need to focus on other parts of the team.
CB, striker, attacking midfielder/winger/forwardish

I'm all for upgrading and improving on any player, or part of the team, but it does seem as if we are rather well-stocked for central midfield players, and other areas need addressing more urgently, yes.

If we buy back up, or promote from the reserves to cover the full back positions we are going to be fully stacked in midfield without the need for them to cover. Even adding an AM seems unnecessary unless some move on. I personally would move Lallana on.

Oxlade Chamberlain
Fabinho
Keita
Henderson
Milner
Wijnaldum
Lallana
Shaqiri (Can play as a 10)

If we buy back up, or promote from the reserves to cover the full back positions we are going to be fully stacked in midfield without the need for them to cover. Even adding an AM seems unnecessary unless some move on. I personally would move Lallana on.

Oxlade Chamberlain
Fabinho
Keita
Henderson
Milner
Wijnaldum
Lallana
Shaqiri (Can play as a 10)
From those only Fabs, Hendo and Gini are really comparable in any way at all. He's a different type of player to any though. The question is whether we want to upgrade and if we need a player that can dictate and switch play from deep or the centre of the park. In many ways Hendo is the closest to his style.

Oxlade Chamberlain - walking sick note
Fabinho
Keita
Henderson
Milner - Age is an issue
Wijnaldum
Lallana - Sell.-Only has 1 year left on contract
Shaqiri (Can play as a 10) Sell - We would get £30m ish

[article]
A Liverpool defensive target has been described by his manager as "an absolute beast".
Liverpool have been 'blown away' by Bristol City left-back Lloyd Kelly after watching him this season, according to one report.
Jurgen Klopp's first-choice left-back Andy Robertson has been one of Liverpool's best performers his season, but the Reds need back-up in the position with Alberto Moreno having failed to convince too often.
And Liverpool are weighing up a summer bid for 20-year-old Kelly, according to Football Insider .
The report says a club source says scouts have been hugely impressed by Kelly, who has been a mainstay of Bristol City's Championship campaign.
[/article]

[article]
A Liverpool defensive target has been described by his manager as "an absolute beast".
Liverpool have been 'blown away' by Bristol City left-back Lloyd Kelly after watching him this season, according to one report.
Jurgen Klopp's first-choice left-back Andy Robertson has been one of Liverpool's best performers his season, but the Reds need back-up in the position with Alberto Moreno having failed to convince too often.
And Liverpool are weighing up a summer bid for 20-year-old Kelly, according to Football Insider .
The report says a club source says scouts have been hugely impressed by Kelly, who has been a mainstay of Bristol City's Championship campaign.
[/article]

He certainly looks too good for the Championship. Have to say English game has a really exciting generation of talents coming up.

Lallana has 1 year left on his contract, since his injury he has been very poor to say the least. I could easily see him playing for a mid-table like Arsenal.

Lallana has 1 year left on his contract, since his injury he has been very poor to say the least. I could easily see him playing for a mid-table like Arsenal.
Arsenal are in the process of terminating contracts of sick note players right now. Wellbeck is being terminated at end of season.

We're probably the most attractive team for any of these targets mentioned, and that's a really really nice feeling.

blown away by Lloyd Kelly may be a bit ott unless there a bit a robbo about him. seen the the guy a few times, nothing special. sessengen always look more of player

Already decided what to call him.

Please don’t post this or I might go on an uncontrollable Key&Peele binge. This is like drinking in front of a recovering alcoholic or... SLAP-ASS. Oh no, I feel it’s already starting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom