• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether he'll bring order to their defence or be brought down by the calamities of Smalling, Jones, Lidelof & Bailly

He's a good player but I'm not convinced he has enough quality or enough stature to drag the rest of them upwards with him, the way Virgil's done for us. The others are going to have to up their game as well, and I'm not convinced they're capable of that either.

The thing with Fraser is that his style of play is closer to Mané and Salah than Wilson.
He's quick and direct among other things.

Last edited:
The thing with Fraser is that his style of play is closer to Mané and Salah than Wilson.
He's quick and direct among other things.

As Brizzle says above, but as it happens I agree with this and would be happy with this signing if it were to take place.

Looks like they may have won the transfer window for the third season in a row - that trophy cabinet is fairly bulging

Since 2016 they’ve spent 406 mill £. Only 15 mill less than us, and the difference in quality and results are massive.
Some awful business done by the Eve

Saw some MEN journo claiming that Utd now have the best CB pairing in the league with Maguire and Lindelöf, just better than Spurs..
You couldnt make it up even if you tried.

Haha fucking hell.

On Maguire, I've never been convinced. Think he's wildly overrated. If he wasn't English nobody would be half as complimentary about him.

Give that man a raise!

ed-woodward.png

He's definitely a very good defender, miles better than they have now, and perhaps more importantly for them he's also a leader. He will shout and organise far more authoritatively and competently than anything they have now. He might not be Van Dijk, but he could still have a similar (and hopefully lesser effect) on the Utd defence as big Virge had for us.

Anyway - if the signings by these other teams pay-off and they start doing really well - we are going to look like complete shits for not actually attempting to sign anyone - if information about us not really going out with any firm bids are really to be believed. The only excuse we have is that these other players would not get regular footy at our place. I really am worried that these other teams are going to do well, I am not worried about United - because I think the manager they have is one that will rely on the players doing the right thinking and actions on the pitch, but the Arsenal manager actually gets tactics etc, and in all appearances - he is accepted that defense will have to wait and is just going to rely on his attack and possession game.

The problem is - I don't know if we know what we really need for this team, I mean Euro Champs, 97 points and only one loss last season ? - fucking hell, we needed to add depth, but with who and where ? - the only thing that comes to mind is having a player that is strong enough to cause a parked bus so much shit that the bus breaks down and is cut in half. Fuck it..lets just close our eyes and hope for the best next season - if we are fucked by Christmas then lets spend all that money we have in reserves on the fixer player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom