• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Transfer rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do wonder if Klopp's signing on is somehow linked to the Sancho move and us trying to give him the best platform to develop his game. Pure speculation of course, but Klopp hinted transfer targets do ask how long the manager is staying, etc.

Not reading anything into it, but that makes total sense for a new signing to be interested in the long-term plans of club and manager

Don't know if it's true but rumours going around about us signing a highly rated left back from Coventry.

Obviously I'd love to sign him, especially for the rumoured £27 mill fee, but like I said before, will he come and sit on the bench?
Signing him is a no brainer imo.

Obviously I'd love to sign him, especially for the rumoured £27 mill fee, but like I said before, will he come and sit on the bench?
Course he will.

It's all but guaranteed we get shut of one 'big name' player soon imo, to refresh the team/ethos etc, plus to cash in when they're at their highest value.

My money would be on Salah.

Our squad has a gap in players aged 21 to 25, & we've seen that's the age klopp & FSG like to bring players in, build & improve them into their prime years, for a number of reasons, not least of which is financial.

I think we'll see minimono, Werner, & maybe even one of two others around that age group coming into the team

Course he will.

It's all but guaranteed we get shut of one 'big name' player soon imo, to refresh the team/ethos etc, plus to cash in when they're at their highest value.

Our squad has a gap in players aged 21 to 25, & we've seen that's the age klopp & FSG like to bring players in, build & improve them into their prime years, for a number of reasons, not least of which is financial.

I think we'll see minimono, Werner, & maybe even one of two others around that age group coming into the team
Yeah the lack of attacking players and midfielders within that age gap has worried me a bit as well. Off the top of my head it's just Origi and Keita unless you count Grujic.

Course he will.

Yea, let's get break up one of the best front 3 in the world when the team is in in the early stages of its peak to "cash in". For fuck's sake, man.

Yeah the lack of attacking players and midfielders within that age gap has worried me a bit as well. Off the top of my head it's just Origi and Keita unless you count Grujic.
Plenty of time. Just add maybe 2 quality players a season (lets just say Sancho or Werner plus maybe Grealish (or similar) - not counting Minamoto for £7m) would easily keep us on track to refresh and strengthen the depth. No-one in our squad (bar Millie) has less than 2-3 years left at the top. This also gives our youngsters (Jones, Williams etc. ) an opportunity to prove themselves or move on.

I strongly doubt Grujic will ever return. He'll be sold in the Summer. He always reminds me of Can, good player but not good enough for us.

Last edited:
Plenty of time. Just add maybe 2 quality players a season (lets just say Sancho or Werner plus maybe Grealish (or similar) - not counting Minamoto for £7m) would easily keep us on track to refresh and strengthen the depth. No-one in our squad (bar Millie) has less than 2-3 years left at the top. This also gives our youngsters (Jones, Williams etc. ) an opportunity to prove themselves or move on.

I strongly doubt Grujic will ever return. He'll be sold in the Summer. He always reminds me of Can, good player but not good enough for us.
Just wanted to add that Minamino is 24. Turns 25 in Jan

It would depend on the player and if they are willing to fight for their place. We have 4 cbs for 2 positions but not the similar quality cover up front. Not seen enough of wener.

Grujic is a bit of a puzzle IMHO. I really liked the look of him in one or two of his first pre-season games for us, but his progress seems to have petered out. What do folks think his chances are of making it at LFC?

[article]L’Équipe report that European giants Liverpool and Juventus have registered an interest in Ligue 1 side Toulouse defender Mathieu Gonçalves.

The 18-year-old is a left-back by trade but has played as a central defender in Ligue 1 this season on four occasions.
He is currently under contract until 2021 and Juventus have been hot on his tail since spring.

The Old Lady’s representatives have met with the French U19s international’s entourage on four occasions already. Juve were ready to try to close a deal last summer, but could come back again at the end of this season.

Liverpool are also watching the French teenager closely but are waiting to see him play at least a full season before making a move.[/article]

Found his own goal vs. PSG. :p

Didn't know that Trent and Sancho are mates. He might just come to Liverpool.
Problem is he's a Chelsea fan as well.

Arteta to the Gooners seems to be happening. Chief Exec and contract negotiator apparently met with him until early hours of this morning.

Tough gig for your first managerial job. So much wrong with that side.
Hope it goes Frank de Boer to Palace style.

It would depend on the player and if they are willing to fight for their place. We have 4 cbs for 2 positions but not the similar quality cover up front. Not seen enough of wener.
We have 3 cbs for 1, the other has no replacement and God help us if he was to get injured.

Arteta to the Gooners seems to be happening. Chief Exec and contract negotiator apparently met with him until early hours of this morning.

Tough gig for your first managerial job. So much wrong with that side.
Hope it goes Frank de Boer to Palace style.

Even if it doesn't go sideways immediately, it weakens City midseason as they are already a bit off balance. I love this hire already.

Grujic is a bit of a puzzle IMHO. I really liked the look of him in one or two of his first pre-season games for us, but his progress seems to have petered out. What do folks think his chances are of making it at LFC?

Absolutely zero chance now he's been out on loan, no player ever does that goes out on loan for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom