• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent Alexlonger Arnold

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not a full back.. Midfielder..

Lets make that known..

He won't be playing their for much longer, maybe another season..

Probably replace Henderson in midfield when he leaves the end of next season

He will probably be our new Milly.. play him anywhere...

He is not a full back.. Midfielder..

Lets make that known..

He won't be playing their for much longer, maybe another season..

Probably replace Henderson in midfield when he leaves the end of next season

He will probably be our new Milly.. play him anywhere...

You say that, but I think he's a bloody good FB. And FBs are crucial in the modern game.

2ritjf.jpg

“We were talking about is he the best right-back in the World? He’s not even the best right-back in England,” Keown said on BT Sport. “He’s third-choice for England but is he really third-choice?

“I think we should find another position for him. I think he could play in central-midfield role for England.

“I see a Gerrard in him. He’s in the Liverpool team as a right-back but there is more to the player.

“I think we will see him play more advanced, maybe in a midfield role as time goes on. He’s a wonderful talent, he could play anywhere and really has an awful lot to his game.

“He reminds me of Gerrard as a youngster. Perhaps midfield will be his position? The pace he has and the vision he has for passes, he could be moulded into the position.”
- Martin Keown

Been saying it since I first got a good look at Trent playing for the reserves, the kid looks like a midfielder. But hey what do I know right? And what does Keown know?

You say that, but I think he's a bloody good FB. And FBs are crucial in the modern game.
True I won't argue with that .

I just think with the skills he has his future is in midfield..

He just needs to bulk up a little..

His range of passing is something to admire and would offer a huge threat to the opposition in midfield

In midfield you will probably see more goals from him too.. He can certainly hit them..

His talents will be wasted if he stays at full back..

I can see him being the closest thing to Gerrard we are ever likely to see over the coming years

I like him bit I think you’re all mad. I think he’ll have to step it up a bit if he’s going to keep his place at right back over the coming years.

As for being a midfielder. He’s got a good shot and can pass but I feel like he’s caught out by bad positioning too often and is often outmuscled or outfought by the kind of tenacity that’s more frequently found in midfield than on the wing.

I’m not saying it’s impossible but I don’t see any inevitability about it.

I like him bit I think you’re all mad. I think he’ll have to step it up a bit if he’s going to keep his place at right back over the coming years.

As for being a midfielder. He’s got a good shot and can pass but I feel like he’s caught out by bad positioning too often and is often outmuscled or outfought by the kind of tenacity that’s more frequently found in midfield than on the wing.

I’m not saying it’s impossible but I don’t see any inevitability about it.
Why I said he needs to bulk up a little..

I think he would be a tremendous midfielder..

He is still only young, the discipline required for being a fullback will bode well for his future development

Fantastic news, more great work from the Club and in particular Edwards

Just Joe to go in signing a new deal right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom