• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent the midfielder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average? Really? He put in about 3 world class balls that should've been goals. Not every cross can be a worldie. Him and De Bruyne are outrageous from those wide positions.

I was pretty frustrated with his crossing and free kicks in the first half, despite at least one that deserved a goal. But his quality was on display in the second half for sure.

Thought his crossing was pretty average today.

His passing today was superb, I know he gets alot of assists but fucking hell if we had a striker who could actually attack the ball in the air Trents numbers would be insane. In the first half alone he put in crosses to VvD and Mané that gave them both free headers from 6 yards out.

In general the amount of free headers that we nod straight at the keeper is incredible but today was particularly poor, in addition to Mané and VvD we also had Gini, Lovren and Firmino (x2) waste very good headed opportunities.

Definitely right back / wing back at right is something where Trent is strongest- don't touch him please, and we should be peacefull for the next 10 years if he stays here.

I think he'd struggle to get into the team ahead of our CL midfield. he may have to settle for being an occasional back up in the front 3 - probably on the right, when Salah is injured or off form

At 39 years old, that's not half bad.

According to those arrows, he more or less perfects every 30+ yard pass but needs to work on his 5 yard passes.

From an interview he did with James Pearse.

JP: There’s been a lot of talk about you potentially moving into midfield at some point. Where do you see your future? In this Klopp team it feels like you’re crucial where you are at right-back…

TAA: Centre-midfield is somewhere I played when I was a bit younger and I always loved that position where you’re able to dictate games. But now I’m finding I can dictate them from right-back. I just want to play football and be out there on the pitch whether it’s right-back, midfield or wherever. I’m open to any ideas that any managers have for me. But it’s not the case that I see stepping up into midfield as part of my development or anything like that. I’m happy where I am. It’s all about where I can best help the team to win games and win trophies.

JP: The role of a full-back has certainly evolved…..

TAA: For me, it was Ashley Cole who transformed it. Then you had the likes of Patrice Evra who carried that on. Marcos Alonso is extremely attacking too. Now you’ve got us two. Robbo is more of a runner and likes to come around, I’m more of a passer of the ball. We’re two different full-backs but both effective for our team.

First, I just want to say that I've come to terms with the fact that TAA is more useful for us at RB than he is in midfield at the moment, but bear with me...

Purely hypothetical, would you mind signing someone like Bellerin, a super quick highly talented right fullback and have Trent play in the Hendo role, like a RCM (right centre midfield)?

Would it work?

First, I just want to say that I've come to terms with the fact that TAA is more useful for us at RB than he is in midfield at the moment, but bear with me...

Purely hypothetical, would you mind signing someone like Bellerin, a super quick highly talented right fullback and have Trent play in the Hendo role, like a RCM (right centre midfield)?

Would it work?

It would be interesting to have them double teaming up the right, but it would require quite a change in tactical role from Trent. It is almost worth having a better suited RCM and leaving Trent at RB where he is hardly stifled and 65% of our play seems to go through him!

Would it work?
Or we could sign Tierney, switch him from the left to the right, and make him captain ...

Would it work?

I know you mean someone like Bellerín rather than him, but even a quick attacking fullback like him has had 18 assists in 143 appearances (premiere league), while Trent’s had 15 already in 1 and a quarter season. I don’t think he’s replaceable for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom