• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Turkish Balo

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Besiktas president Fikret Orman claims the Turkish club are keen to sign Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli.

Orman believes the 25-year-old, who did not travel with the Reds for their tour of the United States after being deemed surplus to requirements, could be a good fit for the Istanbul side.

And Orman concedes had it not been for Balotelli's reputation for being difficult Besiktas would not stand a chance of attracting the Italy international.

"Mario Balotelli is the type of footballer that our fans can associate themselves with," Orman said. "I'm pretty sure he would attract great attention.

"To be fair, if he wasn't deemed as a trouble-maker, he wouldn't be rumoured to be joining us.

"But we can show some effort and create solutions for Balotelli's infamous troubles. I think he can change with the attention and care he'll receive in Turkey.

"In short, we want Mario Balotelli and he wants us too."

If we can get a few million for him and not cover part of his wages in his final year - it will be a miracle.

Insanely poor transfer. Worst ever

If we can get a few million for him and not cover part of his wages in his final year - it will be a miracle.

Insanely poor transfer. Worst ever

Not sure he's the worst ever, but I'd like to see the competition.

Brainless, overrated twat. There's usually a scintilla of hope and optimism when we sign players. With him there was nothing at all to dissuade me that he was going to be anything other than a shit-stained disaster.

Mind you, I fucking hated him when he was at City too.

How pissed off would you be if you were a besiktas fan right now after that comparison?

Brainless, overrated twat. There's usually a scintilla of hope and optimism when we sign players. With him there was nothing at all to dissuade me that he was going to be anything other than a shit-stained disaster.

In terms of money and what it has given us on the pitch it has to be up there at least.
16 mill fee and 100k a week in wages.

I remember cheering the goal he scored against Ludowhatwastheirname in the CL, and jokingly saying to some friends at the pub that he'll at least get us a few goals that season.

Scored 1 in the league...

I thought be was worth a punt and they £16m would be impossible to lose our on if he didn't work.

What a shocker.

This. Exactly this.

Yep an absolute cluster fuck of a signing. He once said it was ok for Noel fucking Gallagher to interview him for the BBC because he liked Oasis. That was it for me the dull fucking twat. Then to my horror he signed for us. As usual I tried to stay upbeat and remain positive in the hope he would come good. Then the stupid arrogant bellend tried usurp Hendo on pen taking duties (remember that!). He has to be up there with the worst ever signings.

I'd be amazed if we managed to sell the dopey cunt. Surely even the Turks aren't that mental.

Said from day one it would be a disaster and it continues to deliver.

What a shambles of a signing

We've made three signings in the last decade or so which have appalled me. One was Bellers (the first time) and I was unquestionably wrong about that. The other two were Voronin and this scoper, and Voronin (for all his hopelessness) was a shining light by comparison. The only other deal I can think of which turned out in remotely the same bracket was Aquilani (NO MORE ITALIANS) and even he managed one or two decent enough performances.

I'm afraid I reckon we're going to end up having to pay the useless lump off. I'd still do that in preference to having him stick around stinking the club out.

We've made three signings in the last decade or so which have appalled me. One was Bellers (the first time) and I was unquestionably wrong about that. The other two were Voronin and this scoper, and Voronin (for all his hopelessness) was a shining light by comparison. The only other deal I can think of which turned out in remotely the same bracket was Aquilani (NO MORE ITALIANS) and even he managed one or two decent enough performances.

I'm afraid I reckon we're going to end up having to pay the useless lump off. I'd still do that in preference to having him stick around stinking the club out.
My 3 "What the fuck?" signings were Balotelli, Konchesky and Pennant.............it was IMO 100% certain all 3 would be flops.

To be fair we've made some retarded signings in the last decade or so....

Konchesky, Balotelli, Carroll, Borini, Dossena, Acquilani, Degen, Leto, Caveleri, Poulsen, Assaidi, Aspas, Manquillo, Cissokho, Caulker, Lucas, Moses, Alberto, Doni, Diomode, Ferri, el Zhar, brad Jones, Vorinin, Gonzalez, Nunez, Josemi, Krompkamp, Diao, Diouf, Jovanovic....

Jesus... That's a list of really fucking shit players....

I liked kromkamp. There was nothing wrong with Brad Jones?? And coulker, manquillo and cissokho and Moses were loan signings.

Dossena gets a free pass for his goal against utd

I liked kromkamp. There was nothing wrong with Brad Jones?? And coulker, manquillo and cissokho and Moses were loan signings.

And a doozie against Real Madrid

Brad Jones was terrible.

Doesn't matter if they're loans or not, they were still waste of a signing.

Dossena > Moreno

Brad Jones was shit.

Loan signings still cost.

Krompkamp wasn't very good.

I did put a few in there out of badness....

.... and Dossena doesn't get a free pass.... he was garbage

All joking aside.... and I can't quite believe I'm saying this..., but @binomial is right!!!!!!

Loan signing or whatever - we've spent decades filing our team with shit players who don't perform and then wondering why the team struggles for results when it matters.

Our recruitment strategy has been gash - for whatever reason...

.... that...

.... is why we fail....

Yet people wonder why we finish 6-8th every season.
Stevie must have listed 20 odd players , I'd wager their collective lfc appearance count would be lower than Lucas and a few other duffers that have played fairly regularly and certainly contributed towards our mediocrity

To be fair we've made some retarded signings in the last decade or so....

Konchesky, Balotelli, Carroll, Borini, Dossena, Acquilani, Degen, Leto, Caveleri, Poulsen, Assaidi, Aspas, Manquillo, Cissokho, Caulker, Lucas, Moses, Alberto, Doni, Diomode, Ferri, el Zhar, brad Jones, Vorinin, Gonzalez, Nunez, Josemi, Krompkamp, Diao, Diouf, Jovanovic....

Jesus... That's a list of really fucking shit players....

About 50% of them were signed by Rafa. Some absolute horrendous transfers on there, and so much money.

Can we not just agree that there is enough blame to share around without going down the same stupid debates again?

We fucking suck at transfers. Every once in a while we hit it out of the park, which makes the regularity of our failures all the more frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom