• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tyler Morton

Status
Not open for further replies.

He has an old-school continental holding midfielder vibe, something of a Didi Hamann, perhaps with a bit of Jorginho. I’m liking what I’m seeing.

I think you described him brilliantly, that body frame is Didi like yet can mo
Also that looping “quarterback” pass over the top he likes to do - not quite the same trajectory as Jorginho’s, but close enough.
Just seen that vid you posted, never realized he had the hollywood pass on him. I am getting the same feeling i got watching Curtis the first time, when I saw Morton play against Norwich last week.

I was watching Morton very closely in those 10 minutes, even without the ball. He came out eager to show that he belongs at this level and did exactly that with his smart movement and solid decision-making. 4:0 up against Arsenal at Anfield is as ideal of a situation to make your debut as you can imagine and Klopp's decision to have him replace his idol Thiago was a nice sentimental bonus. I have a feeling Klopp rates him highly. Congrats to the kid and can't wait to see what comes next for him.

Last edited:

[article]Jurgen Klopp has revealed how Tyler Morton's confidence "exploded overnight" following his Liverpool debut at Norwich.

The Wirral-born midfielder made his first senior appearance in the 3-0 win at Carrow Road in the Carabao Cup, coming on for Naby Keita at half-time back in September.

Morton has been on the fringes of the first-team picture since the summer and was involved in the club's pre-season tour of Austria.

The Academy starlet made his Premier League debut in Saturday's 4-0 win over Arsenal and could be in line for minutes in the Champions League at home to Porto on Wednesday night.

With an injury-hit Reds already qualified for the last 16, Klopp may turn to the 19-year-old for the game against the Portuguese giants.

Klopp said : "I don't know about tomorrow night.

"In pre-season, Tyler was with us and you could see his technical skills but how well-educated and well-behaved young people are he was not overly-confident.

"He tried to adapt a little bit to what the first team was doing and you could see that.

"Then we had a game when he was good, not spectacular, but good and then he came on against Norwich and played a super game.

"That made all the difference and you could see the next day how the confidence level exploded overnight. I saw the real Tyler Morton 2021.

"In the Preston game it was a really mature performance and we have seen that in training again. It is a really good example.

"We can speak a lot about these boys and let them train with us but as long as we don't bring them onto the pitch...bringing them on in a game at the right moment has the biggest impact of all the things you can do to help them and Tyler is a really good example of that.

"He's in a good place at the moment – I'm pretty sure he would give the same answer – and now let's work from here."[/article]

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have ourselves another midfielder. Yes, he is still too slight to play against more physical opponents this season, but football-wise he's on the level. Stylistically, he is the closest player we have to Thiago, someone who will help control and "calm down" games – and he has the best possible role model right there in front on him (or alongside as he was tonight). I'm very optimistic on Morton.

Last edited:
It seems that Thiago is enjoying being a mentor. Long may it continue. Morton had a very nice game. I like how did not always take this simplest option, but still ones with limited risk, like the pass out to Salah to start Salah’s goal.

Made some nice tackles and pressures as well.

It seems that Thiago is enjoying being a mentor. Long may it continue. Morton had a very nice game. I like how did not always take this simplest option, but still ones with limited risk, like the pass out to Salah to start Salah’s goal.

Made some nice tackles and pressures as well.

Yeah, what a pass

It was obvious from the first time we saw this guy play (pre-season?) that he has the talent to succeed. He does not look out of place and that's going to save us looking for a backup to Fabs because Morton is more that player than say Hendo.

Said it before. This lad has class written all over him. Such coolness and maturity. I gave him a 'very good' rating for the match vs Porto and that's where I'd rate him now. Good enough for the 1st team squad and I'd have no hesitation using him as a backup for Fabs / Hendo / Thiago if the need arose.

[article]Liverpool U23 coach Barry Lewtas has heaped praise on Tyler Morton over his attitude.

Back with the Under-23s on Sunday, having been an unused substitute against Southampton the day before, the midfielder completed the full 90 minutes as the young Reds ran out 3-0 winners over Leicester City.

“It's been a real whirlwind week for Tyler," Lewtas told the Liverpool Echo. “When you're around the young players a lot and they make their debut, I think emotionally it takes so much out of them as well.

“Tyler came back and to play in a game like that, he played with real maturity and it was probably a different type of game for him and he was really good. He showed a different side to him today.

“He's a really good player when he can get it, play and pass but today he had to defend, he had to head, he had to clear and pick up second balls. He'll be pleased with that one.

“Over the course of his time at the academy, we've never closed off those midfield positions, in terms of if he's more of a deep-lying playmaker or a creative player. The important thing for Tyler is to put his identity onto the game, whichever midfield position he plays.

“For us, it's just about continually trying to add to his game. Today showed a different side to him. It wasn't his normal getting on the ball, dropping, linking, playing and playing the balls over.

“Today showed he can actually roll his sleeves up and compete and do that side. He was really mature and along with Tom, gave us a real strength in the middle today."[/article]

Outstanding, absolutely outstanding. I've been raving about this lad since pre-season. I love him - he's going to be a huge star.

If Jurgen Klopp puts you in his team that must make you feel 10 feet tall. I thought he coped well and impressed.

As for his parents, their hearts must be fit to burst with pride (in a good way!).

Absolutely, jexy. Any young player working in an environment powered by this man and this philosophy is going to thrive:

264443671_379778940498782_3648299947662118918_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom