• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

u20 Rugby World Cup

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Ireland are flying it after a great win over Wales was followed up with our first ever mens victory against New Zealand.

Where is it being played?
How are the Bokkies doing?

England.

It's at the semi final stage

England vs South Africa after England beat Australia in their last group game while South secured a vital bonus point to finish best runners up to secure the last semi final spot after beating France 40-31.

Interestingly its the firs time in the tournament history New Zealand will not be in the semi final and sees them relinquish their crown. Losing to Ireland was a big blow but they also failed to get the bonus point they needed against a gritty Wales wining 18-17.

Potential England vs Ireland final!

Who are the star young players? Give me 3 names from any team that we should expect to be playing for the senior teams in the coming years.

I think 4 of Irelands under 20 team from last year have been capped by the senior team already - Van Der Flier, Dillane, Bealham ... maybe Ringrose too ?

So I wouldn't be surprised if a few more from this squad make the jump.

I haven't seen a lot of them but - James Ryan in the Irish second row looks like he might make a good senior international in the future. 6'8, 110kg and mobile.

In the front row Porter and McBurney look like a good prospect too. Maybe not stars, but could step up to international level.

It takes me ages to judge a back so i'll just stick to those for now

Back
Top Bottom