1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

UFC

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by PepeReina, Sep 16, 2010.

1. ibromurph

ibromurph Well-Known Member

1 huge knee
    + 2 follow up shots
    + Toasted him with a Monster energy drink.

==

3 piece and a soda?

2. Roopy

Roopy Very Active Member

I had a feeling Masvidal would come out the way he did.

He did the exact same thing against Till in round 1.

Masvidal gave Askren the 'whole MGM Grand buffet'.

3. ILD

ILD Very Well-Known Member

I wrote that before I had the details of the new ESPN deal. UFC don't need Mcgregor any more. It used to be about PPV buys etc but now UFC don't care about numbers as ESPN are paying them differently with the new deal. It's better for fans as we're going to see a lot more fights and cards.

4. ILD

Mazvidal is some dude. Really hope he gets his title shot and beats Usman.

5. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Cracking knee by Masvidal, it should be used more often vs wrasslers. Would have loved to have seen someone clobber brock with one. I can't help feeling that this wasn't a repeat of conor vs aldo though. I feel that if both fights had of continued past their wonder/fluke shots, the result would have gone the other way.
    Masvidal has lost to Maia, Thompson, Alquinta etc in recent times and apart from a currently untested Askren, he's not really beat anyone of note recently. Usman looks a completely different proposition, I'd like him to hand it out to covington and masvidal.
    As for the fake beef aswell, I've no idea what he's going on about. We're talking about a fairly smart askren here, not fucking conor trolling him. Askren isn't well known for shit talk so masividal needs to wind his neck in.

Thought jones look progressively worse as usual. Since they started drug testing him his performances have gone to shit (same happened to another goat anderson silva, what a coincidence). I'd like him to go up to hw shortly and fight Ngannou as his first fight.

6. ILD

You baffle me a bit Mor. You want boring Marty Usman to 'hand it out' to Jorge 'Street Jesus' Mazvidal? Mazvidal is fucking hero. I could watch him fight and listen to his interviews all day. Mazvidal deserves a title shot. He knocked out Till and then knocks out undefeated Askren in 5 seconds. Ben Askren admitted he was running his mouth as he needed to talk his way into fights against highly ranked opponents. I like Askren btw.

As for Jones, he won AGAIN and Santos deserves a lot of credit for his performance.

7. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

I'm sick to the balls of these dickheads like masvidal, covington, mcgregor talking all this shit with bang average records. Usman has kept his head down, doesn't talk shit, and is now the champ after beating the shit out of long reigning champ woodley who is no mug. Usman isn't 'that' exciting to watch granted, but he beat the living shit out of woodley in his last fight and I like that. Masvidal ko'd a massively overrated till, and then hit askren with a buster douglas/conor mcgregor one shot finish that happens 1/1000, but fair play to him. If he gets a title shot over covington, good for him, but I'd expect Usman to beat either.

As for jones, yes, he won again, against santos, after beating smith. Both b-list fighters. Also good for jones. I'd like to see him fight a good fighter now he's being drug tested.

***edit***

Latest comments from masividal after buster douglas'ing askren 'i want mcgregor, i want to break his face, i think that's an easy paycheck'.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  8. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

All these guys call out McGregor afterwards cos it's about the paycheck.

9. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

Eh? The only two belt concurrent champion in the sports history has a bang average record?

10. dantes

dantes Well-Known Member

Is Henry Cujedo a joke to you?

11. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Errr I don't know where to start with that, I'll just assume you don't watch the UFC much. But I'll just leave Cujedo, Nunes and Cormier here for you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  12. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Looks like Jon Jones has got assaulting a stripper on his rap sheet aswell now the tit. He'll never learn.

13. dantes

dantes Well-Known Member

Assault is a most charitable word for it...

Some new and somewhat bizarre details have emerged regarding the battery charge levied against UFC light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones, who is accused of accosting a female employee at TD’s Eubank Showclub in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Jones allegedly made unwanted advances toward the cocktail waitress, put her in a “tight rear-naked choke hold,” then picked her up off the ground and spun her around “like a wrestling match,” according to TMZ.

His accuser then claims “piece of shit” Jones placed her on the bar and slapped her vagina, something that apparently requires a $100 deposit that he refused to pay (or just flat-out ignored).

14. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

Go Murica.. grab em by the pussy..

15. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

Some pretty decent fights on last nights card, although everyone was pretty much standing infront of each other swinging so surprise ko's weren't likely.
    Not sure what DC does from here, probably best he retires. With no Brock, and no Jones (both cheats) at HW there isn't anything out there for him unless he can be arsed for a rubber with Stipe but then Ngannou should be infront of him in the queue.
    Good win for Nate after 3yrs away, he needs to keep active now though.
    Costa looked a beast but not sure he's got the gas tank for the title, seemed to be done after 2 rounds.

16. dantes

dantes Well-Known Member

He must have gassed out mid-swing.

17. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

He's come out in the last couple of days and apologised for that, he did it months ago. He's a retard though, he'll be having to pay all these people off from the bus attack, the phone stomp, punching old blokes, raping birds. And then all the lawyer fees on top. And then I hear his whiskey isn't doing too great either (as it tastes like shit).

He's looking to get back into the ring again after his umpteenth retirement. I think they'll defo give him an easy one to get him back into it although he'll want big bucks, but I don't see how he justifies it with 1 win in 3 years. He was going to fight Gaethje but done his hand in. I'd say give him Porier when he loses to Khabib, but I think Porier has massively improved since the last time they fought and might well beat him.

18. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

19. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

Any quality highlights of yesterday's fights?

20. Roopy

Roopy Very Active Member

Your best bet is Youtube ... highlights get put up and get taken down very quickly.

Very hard to find any highlights anywhere else - UFC are very good with their content control online.