• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Vaarwel Gini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Untitled.jpg

So our most played players are the shithouse ghost and the flabby melt, closely followed by the squabbling brothers

No wonder we're in the shit

So our most played players are the shithouse ghost and the flabby melt, closely followed by the squabbling brothers

No wonder we're in the shit
Though that chart makes no consideration for a) when they arrived and b) injuries. It's pretty pointless TBH (Sorry Binny).

On his day for Liverpool Gini is one of the best player around... Sad fact is he is had less and less of those days and it is time he moved on.
We will find a replacement. We already have two, although different in style, replacement in our squad in Keita and Jones. Would like to see someone in the vein of a KDB/Xvai

Last edited:
Though that chart makes no consideration for a) when they arrived and b) injuries. It's pretty pointless TBH (Sorry Binny).

No worries, @Frogfish. Actually my point of sharing is to highlight the hole we have to fill (in terms of his role - game time wise, at least) - then to compare against other players.

He may not be as influential as any of the front 3 but we will be losing someone from the starting 11, as opposed to a "squad player" (as his ability/some of his performances may suggest).

Every single practice I tell my 13 year old players "If you can't run you can't play". I make them repeat it as we do our fitness work. It holds true at every level of the game. I'll miss the fact that he can run pretty much always as compared to so many of our other players.

Bissouma is a very good player already, but has the ceiling to be even better in our set up and with Klopp as his manager.
Really hope we sign him. Have to say he has impressed me greatly this season.

Sound a lot like what you said about Naby.

I hope he comes back as a guest for whenever we do our belated #19 celebration. Love his song on the kop and he has been integral in our rise back to the top. He'll score a lot wherever he goes as I think he's a very gifted attacker, but he did exactly what we needed for years and was more than happy to sacrifice stats for the system.

Barca supposedly offering him three years. Wasn't that the same as us?
[article]according to Mundo Deportivo, Barca have laid out their terms to Wijnaldum over a summer move.

As per the Spanish source, Barca have offered Wijnaldum a deal worth €24m over three years. That breaks down to the equivalent of £130,000 a week.

That is some distance more than the reported £90,000 a week offer Liverpool are said to have tabled for him.[/article]

[article]according to Mundo Deportivo, Barca have laid out their terms to Wijnaldum over a summer move.

As per the Spanish source, Barca have offered Wijnaldum a deal worth €24m over three years. That breaks down to the equivalent of £130,000 a week.

That is some distance more than the reported £90,000 a week offer Liverpool are said to have tabled for him.[/article]

Thanks!

So, more about the cash....poo boy

Just read that Messi apparently has demanded that they don't sign Wijnaldum. He's tired of Barca signing average players.

I'm not making this up.

Whilst not blaming Gini specifically for any of the goals it has to be said the Mannequin Challenge isn't far off an apt description of his first half performance (he was not alone) although he improved (though not by that much) in the second.

Gini has been run into the ground. I've said it for a while, we did the same with Can. He's 100% off. I wish Klopp wouldn't do it.. because it makes us hate the player. But he has form for this.

Gini has been run into the ground. I've said it for a while, we did the same with Can. He's 100% off. I wish Klopp wouldn't do it.. because it makes us hate the player. But he has form for this.
In fairness , very few in the squad dont look shagged

Mane looks dead on his feet, Gini struggles to make a pass over 10 yards, bobby likewise is struggling big time.

Its only the Iron bru tonics Robbo slurps that gives him his energy levels and milner likewise maintains levels beyond his age but he's clearly a machine

Sad how it's come to this (previously he's been popular as an individual even when he hasn't been universally highly rated) but I have a vague memory of his time at Newcastle finishing in a similar way. I'll miss him as a player but it's prolly best all round that he buggers off now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom