• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Vaarwel Gini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t signed for anyone, wanted to stay, story will come out :(
It's not like we didn't offer him a new 3 year deal at increased wages. We had been negotiating for over a year. He (and his agent) wants one last big pay day contract - which he'll get now he's on a free. And I never blame a player for wanting that, it's his life not ours.

Loved his time here but it came down to his choice in the end .. not ours.

We the success this season of players like Rhys Willaims and Nat Philips lets not over spend in commit in the transfer market and turn to some of our youth players next season and give them more game time
Youth players ? FFS. Which youth players are good enough for the first team squad when all -players are fit? One - Eliott. I don't want to use next season treading water ... buy in quality players and fight for the PL & CL, this group of players deserves more than 1 PL and 1 CL.

It's not like we didn't offer him a new 3 year deal at increased wages. We had been negotiating for over a year. He (and his agent) wants one last big pay day contract - which he'll get now he's on a free. And I never blame a player for wanting that, it's his life not ours.

Loved his time here but it came down to his choice in the end .. not ours.
Keita is on 125k a week. What would you be asking for if you were Gini given their comparative workloads and contribution over the last 2 years?

He's fucking shite

You'd think we lost Messi on a free given the reactions on here.

If you have to explain why you think player X is good then maybe he's not that good after all. And don't give me this 'if you don't get Gini then you didn't get Whelan' sanctimonious superfan bullshit. If he didn't score the two goals vs Barcelona you'd forget about him in a shot. He was a decent player who went missing far too often and was hardly ever injured.

So take your champions board and fuck off to Barcelona or wherever. Oh, and please take Firmino with you. Thanks.

If you have to explain why you think player X is good then maybe he's not that good after all. And don't give me this 'if you don't get Gini then you didn't get Whelan' sanctimonious superfan bullshit. If he didn't score the two goals vs Barcelona you'd forget about him in a shot. He was a decent player who went missing far too often and was hardly ever injured.

So take your champions board and fuck off to Barcelona or wherever. Oh, and please take Firmino with you. Thanks.

For all your "he's gone get over it" chirping you can't get him out of your thoughts, can you?

For all your "he's gone get over it" chirping you can't get him out of your thoughts, can you?

I could, thank you.

It‘s just that he seems to get more tributes than Lady Di.

Next we‘ll see Elton John blurt out a new version of Candle in the Wind.

I am surprised people forgot his beautiful winner against City at home 1-0 thumping header!

187041028_4700365849990672_2345564989298345051_n.jpg

Oh my.... I"ll never forget his Middlesbrough goal to start. Brought us back to Europe's premier competition.

But even without his goals he has always done what Klopp wanted from him impeccably. Remember how Henderson just seemed to change after he got the role he asked Klopp for? Wijnaldum could excel in other roles for Liverpool, but he's been asked to play one of the the thankless ones and done a very hard job very well non stop for 5 years. As Klopp said, the team was built on the traits he has in abundance.

And I'd say much of the same for Firmino. I'll be much more upset when he goes. I really don't think Salah, Mane, or TAA are as highly regarded if it weren't for them. They have been the knitters, the platform, the unselfish team first thrust needed to win the lot. I just don't think any players in the first 11ish of the European, World and finally England Champion Reds wasn't a benefit to us on the pitch.

Oh my.... I"ll never forget his Middlesbrough goal to start. Brought us back to Europe's premier competition.

But even without his goals he has always done what Klopp wanted from him impeccably. Remember how Henderson just seemed to change after he got the role he asked Klopp for? Wijnaldum could excel in other roles for Liverpool, but he's been asked to play one of the the thankless ones and done a very hard job very well non stop for 5 years. As Klopp said, the team was built on the traits he has in abundance.

And I'd say much of the same for Firmino. I'll be much more upset when he goes. I really don't think Salah, Mane, or TAA are as highly regarded if it weren't for them. They have been the knitters, the platform, the unselfish team first thrust needed to win the lot. I just don't think any players in the first 11ish of the European, World and finally England Champion Reds wasn't a benefit to us on the pitch.

See?

Impressive highlight list. One goal against Middlesbrough and did what Klopp asked him for 5 years.

Where's his fucking mural.

See?

Impressive highlight list. One goal against Middlesbrough and did what Klopp asked him for 5 years.

Where's his fucking mural.
His chipped goal against Bournmouth, that audacious skill against Barcelona, and just game after game of constant tireless running, perfect positioning, tracking of runners and covering of our fullbacks. As someone who hopes to never quit playing until I die, what he is good at in the game is what total football is built on. I am happy with myself when I do Gini things on a pitch... There are more flashy things, but all important in winning. I see what he brings and what he doesn't especially when he is shattered. Its okay if you don't but I am being genuine in my appreciation for him as a player.

Youth players ? FFS. Which youth players are good enough for the first team squad when all -players are fit? One - Eliott. I don't want to use next season treading water ... buy in quality players and fight for the PL & CL, this group of players deserves more than 1 PL and 1 CL.
Here the thing, you don't know or will not know until you try them.

We've found our new god and saviour in Nat Phillips so maybe that's why some are giving 'that useless dutch guy' the lukewarm goodbye. Seriously Gini is boss so good luck on Klopp trying to find a replacement. There are some question marks under our current midfielders like Milner(age), Hendo(injuries), Keita(injuries/form) so its not like we are stocked for reliable talent in midfield. In a perfect season, we hope Fabinho, Thiago and Hendo stay fit but the past has shown us that these midfielders get at least one layoff during the season.

We've found our new god and saviour in Nat Phillips so maybe that's why some are giving 'that useless dutch guy' the lukewarm goodbye. Seriously Gini is boss so good luck on Klopp trying to find a replacement. There are some question marks under our current midfielders like Milner(age), Hendo(injuries), Keita(injuries/form) so its not like we are stocked for reliable talent in midfield. In a perfect season, we hope Fabinho, Thiago and Hendo stay fit but the past has shown us that these midfielders get at least one layoff during the season.
TBH our best midfield is undoubtedly (even if Gini was still here) Fabs/Thiago/Hendo, no question at all. We have backups in the form of Jones, Ox and Keita for the more advanced position of that trio and I've no doubt we'll get in a starting place worthy midfielder in the Summer (Bissouma?) so I'm honestly not wringing my hands at Gini leaving. In fact it may be one of the reasons he left, he can't see himself winning a regular midfield slot next season.

Oh because our Youth Team / U23 managers (and Klopp who regularly watches both) can't assess them until they play in the PL? Bollocks.

Some player step up when the competition is more intense, just like some player do not show their best in training sessions, why then did Rhys willains and Nat Philips not get a look in be for our Cb's& midfilders playing CB's where injuried..?

And do you really believe that any manager watches thier under 23 regularly..?

Managers get things wrong

...but they're vastly less likely to do so than any of us here. Whether or not they watch the U-23s regularly, they'll have systems in place to gather the info.they need.

Some player step up when the competition is more intense, just like some player do not show their best in training sessions, why then did Rhys willains and Nat Philips not get a look in be for our Cb's& midfilders playing CB's where injuried..?

And do you really believe that any manager watches thier under 23 regularly..?

Managers get things wrong
You do know where the U23s train right?

You do know where the U23s train right?
Of course he doesn’t.

It’s one of the reasons why football is so interesting; seeing players take their chance when it comes, frustration when those who you think have something don’t take theirs. It goes without saying that no one with half a brain thinks our transfer policy this summer should be keep the wallet closed and take a punt on half a dozen youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom