• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Very Important Announcement!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play lads.
Glad to see that there is life in the old girl yet.
We have lost some major posters recently it seems .
@doctor_mac and @gkmacca haven't been seen in a while.
I recall that @gkmacca had a close family bereavement.
I also know that @FoxForceFive is having some strife at the moment.
All those are great lads who contribute to the site hugely. I really hope that they will be part of the future of the site and I am sure we have lost a few more that it would be great to see back again as well.

@doctor_mac should post more often, he probably has loads of time on his hands now that he's working from home. He's probably using the extra free time to potter about the house fixing stuff.

Fair play lads.
Glad to see that there is life in the old girl yet.
We have lost some major posters recently it seems .
@doctor_mac and @gkmacca haven't been seen in a while.
I recall that @gkmacca had a close family bereavement.
I also know that @FoxForceFive is having some strife at the moment.
All those are great lads who contribute to the site hugely. I really hope that they will be part of the future of the site and I am sure we have lost a few more that it would be great to see back again as well.

And we still are waiting for the return of @bongaloid !!!!

@doctor_mac should post more often, he probably has loads of time on his hands now that he's working from home. He's probably using the extra free time to potter about the house fixing stuff.
I haven't seen one of his posts in ages.
I fear he has gone down the Oncey route.

Anyway lads I'm just doing this to ban dreamy if he ever starts a match thread again. Maybe I can disable it in the settings somehow

I haven't seen one of his posts in ages.
I fear he has gone down the Oncey route.

We needed to sacrifice Doc to have a chance of getting to the CL final.

Unfortunately Dreamie has become more powerful than we can possibly imagine.

His sacrifice was in vain.

Rest In peace Garland Justice - I hope Dantes made it quick.

I'm going to lock this thread and use it for reference. There's a scattering of technical info and suggestions to wade through, but I think the thread's main point has reached its conclusion.

Jono started this more than 5 months ago with a more than fair request to hand over the reins and the burden of keeping this community going.

Looking back, he's actually been asking for this for five years, he's just continued to give his time and effort to keep the place we love working 24/7, without ever having adverts or needing sponsors. @6TimesaRed thank you again, a million times thank you.

Some of the things we have taken out of this thread:
  1. There's an enormous will to keep this community alive, in as much the same way as we are used to
  2. Many of us are keen to contribute financially, and a few have offered their time and skills.
  3. Some of our founding members/owners/administrators are facing full personal/work lives right now and cannot give the site the attention it needs
  4. We don't have a tech god willing to take over from Jono.
  5. We're not keen on alternate platforms like Reddit / Discord etc
  6. We want SCM to remain ad-free forever
Among other others, @SummerOnions and I volunteered our assistance a few days ago. The owners and mods have consented to let us run with the upgrade and migration of the website.

There are some complications in getting everything moved over seamlessly, and our current intent is to see if we can afford an experienced developer to assist with the necessary work, as well as create a new version of the site running in parallel with this one so that we can test thoroughly before we make the cutover.

The plan above will require significant funds to get going, and we will have a separate sticky thread in the FF and GC forums up shortly.

We are not setting a target amount. The amount we raise will determine the quality of development assistance and hosting features we can afford.

Extra funds received will be used to prolonging the life of the site. Should the donations reach a point more than we foreseeing in the next 18months, we will suspend donations.

All donation stats and how the money is being spent will openly be shared in a members-only subforum.

Access to funds currently limited to SummerOnions, LeTellecWiz, and Mamma Mia.

New thread:
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=40112&share_type=t&link_source=app

An Important Announcement v2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom