• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

VVD wins PFA player of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that said, that useless sack of tramp shit Fred makes Paul Pogba look like a cross between fucking Graeme Souness and Zinedine Zidane

It's voted for by the players, so I think it's a safe bet that it was every player in the league telling mourinho he's a wanker

I feel like the hype for Sterling started about 2 months ago, whereas Van Dijk has been immense all season and transformed our entire team since day one. If Sterling wasn't playing at City, they'd probably be in the same position they are now. That's why Virgil should win, hands down.

On a sidenote, this desperation from the English media to suddenly paint Sterling as some sort of progressive forward thinker, crusading almost single-handedly against racism is mental. He was public enemy #1 the other week, on hippy crack, smacking bitches and getting tattoos of AK47s. Odd.

Raheem’s definitely winning it.

No way is Big Virg winning it.

Don't be mean.

It's ace when Paul posts his new haircut and silly dance on Instagram, then backs it up with that cool thing Paul does on the pitch where Paul stops, rolls the ball under his foot, looks around the pitch like he's about to decide where Paul is going to ping the ball with laser-like accuracy, and then looks surprised/ annoyed when someone doesn't burst into applause, but instead just takes the ball off him and runs away with it.

Paul does not run after them.

Paul Jogba

Wait, what...!? Pogba is actually in the team of the year!? Fuck me hahahaha.

Alisson should be keeper.

Pogba has been shite over the course of the season. A purple patch of about 8 games when OGS took doesn't change that.

Take away his 8 penalty goals (7+1 rebound) and he's has a worse year statistically than last year. How the hell has he got into the team of the year ahead of D.Silva, Gini, Son, Hazard, Salah.

If it's about team shape, then switch to a 4-2-3-1 and play Bernardo deep.

I can understand the Ederson pick. It was a toss up between him and Alisson. But Alisson has made a few more errors that have directly lead to goals. Where Ederson's errors haven't lead to goals scored.

I feel like the hype for Sterling started about 2 months ago, whereas Van Dijk has been immense all season and transformed our entire team since day one. If Sterling wasn't playing at City, they'd probably be in the same position they are now. That's why Virgil should win, hands down.

On a sidenote, this desperation from the English media to suddenly paint Sterling as some sort of progressive forward thinker, crusading almost single-handedly against racism is mental. He was public enemy #1 the other week, on hippy crack, smacking bitches and getting tattoos of AK47s. Odd.

The Archbishop of Canterbury's releasing a CD single. It's called "Smack Mah Bishop".

Id have had Doherty from Wolves at RB, 8 goals and 7 assists is an immense contribution from a defender

Yeah, but they try and ensure there's at least some shape to the team, otherwise it would have about 6 attacking midfielders in it and four strikers

I would actually go 3-4-3 without Son, just pointing out he can feel pissed off Pogba is in

Ederson

VVD
Laporte
Robertson

Sterling
Fernandinho
Gini
B. Silva

Salah
Agüero
Mane

Son/Hazard/Doherty/Jimenez/TAA/Eriksen close behind

Eriksen has been a bit poo this season.

Alisson (maybe someone lower down who's had a good season and has been busier? Seen people saying Foster has had a good season?)

Trent
Laporte
Virgil
Robbo

Hazard
B. Silva
Fernandinho

Mane
Aguero
Sterling

The midfield is a bit flimsy defensively wih just Fernandinho in there. But if people can say Pogba can get in there, I'd argue my team would be much more functional overall.

The problem i think with Allison is firstly, he has the best defence of the league in front of him, meaning he doesn't have that many saves to make. Secondly, he has great positioning which makes his saves look much "easier". He doesn't do alot of those "Pickford for the cameras saves", in fact I can't remember any.

I can't stand Pogba, i hope he fucks off from the league so I dont have to see him or his circus on the telly, I dont have to read about pointless nothings pertaining to him, the scums, his next move and his retarded run-ups etc etc.

Anyone notice when scums win it's always about him (even when it is not) and when scums lose he disappears from the media like how he did in that game?

And no he did not have a "great" WC.

I'm guessing you guys have it much worse in the UK.

I can't stand Pogba, i hope he fucks off from the league so I dont have to see him or his circus on the telly, I dont have to read about pointless nothings pertaining to him, the scums, his next move and his retarded run-ups etc etc.

Anyone notice when scums win it's always about him (even when it is not) and when scums lose he disappears from the media like how he did in that game?

And no he did not have a "great" WC.

I'm guessing you guys have it much worse in the UK.

I dont watch Utd very often but Ive seen there last 2 games and while they got battered I thought Pogba looked very good. His range of passing is incredible with either foot, hes surrounded by awful players and hes not hard working but if he played with a free attacking role similar to how Coutinho was with us I think hed do real damage.

He is technically and physically excellent, but every other aspect of his game is dreadful. If he had the mentality and work ethic he would be a phenomenal player. But he's more interested in haircuts and instagram and his next big move.

He's a luxury player. And you can't have those at CM, especially with the rest of the shite around him.

Agree, his main problem is his attitude/position, in terms of ability hes the real deal. Hes just not suited to playing CM unless he has 2 dynamic water carriers next to him. Hes got 16 goals and 11 assists this year from midfield, thats a better return than Firmino, in a team thats struggled for extended periods. I suspect he will push for a move this summer and end up looking immense at PSG or Real next season with a balanced midfield around him.

He is technically and physically excellent, but every other aspect of his game is dreadful. If he had the mentality and work ethic he would be a phenomenal player. But he's more interested in haircuts and instagram and his next big move.

He's a luxury player. And you can't have those at CM, especially with the rest of the shite around him.
Yep. He's the very definition of a luxury player. Utd should, & probably will, sell, & it would actually be the best outcome for all parties.

Put him in a side with hard working players to pick up the slack around him & he'd be an asset.

Football has moved on in many respects though, it's hard to argue against citeh, Barca & ourselves being the best sides in the world currently, & of the three only Barca have a team which isn't solely based around both talent & hard work on & off the ball, & Barca were based upon that for a very long time, only the fact Messi no longer presses as hard has meant they've changed that, & only a player with the mercurial talent that Messi has could make that work at that level. Despite that, they still aren't as good as they were because they no longer have that side to their game.

Yep. He's the very definition of a luxury player. Utd should, & probably will, sell, & it would actually be the best outcome for all parties.

Put him in a side with hard working players to pick up the slack around him & he'd be an asset.

Football has moved on in many respects though, it's hard to argue against citeh, Barca & ourselves being the best sides in the world currently, & of the three only Barca have a team which isn't solely based around both talent & hard work on & off the ball, & Barca were based upon that for a very long time, only the fact Messi no longer presses as hard has meant they've changed that, & only a player with the mercurial talent that Messi has could make that work at that level. Despite that, they still aren't as good as they were because they no longer have that side to their game.

Kind of irrelevant but I don’t think I’ve ever seen Messi run without the ball, he tends to stroll around the pitch like he owns it.

Kind of irrelevant but I don’t think I’ve ever seen Messi run without the ball, he tends to stroll around the pitch like he owns it.
He used to hard really hard off the ball, it was always commented on, & as part of a pep side he had to, every player has to work hard or it doesn't work.

As he's gotten older they've allowed him that ultra free role he has now, where he basically strolls around half the pitch looking for weaknesses & then looking for the moment to exploit them.

Reactions: Ijg
He plays similar to Salah in that he’ll work hard and track when needed. Klopp once said about Salah “he takes his rest on the pitch” and you can see it in action when Salah is strolling round waiting for the counter to get started.

He plays similar to Salah in that he’ll work hard and track when needed. Klopp once said about Salah “he takes his rest on the pitch” and you can see it in action when Salah is strolling round waiting for the counter to get started.
Messi rarely tracks back at all now though, at least according to the Spanish journo talking the other day, I've not seen enough of him this season to say it myself, but he said his work rate off the ball has dropped right off this season & he's picking & choosing when to press & staying high when doing so.

He used to hard really hard off the ball, it was always commented on, & as part of a pep side he had to, every player has to work hard or it doesn't work.

As he's gotten older they've allowed him that ultra free role he has now, where he basically strolls around half the pitch looking for weaknesses & then looking for the moment to exploit them.

Agreed. He doesn't work anywhere like he used to these days. There are bursts - like the odd time when he gets annoyed about losing the ball or the odd dangerous break - but on the whole he get's a bit of a pass.

Makes sense... why work your prize asset into the ground? Let the other guys do his running.

Messi this season has literally done fuck all running, I do remember that he did used to have the work rate but this season he’s really relaxed in to this role of bursts of play when needed.

Pogba is too sloppy with the ball to be the creative man in a midfield, two water carriers or not.
He needs a kick up the arse, the spoilt little brat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom