• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Watford's 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
Maybe it's my lenses, or my anger, but how was that goal allowed?

Was he not offside when the shot was hit?
Was he not interfering with Mignolet when he tried to touch the ball?
Is Minn to blame for any of this?

What a terrible fucking result.

Interfering with mignolet? Nah he's stood there. He looked onside to me but will have to check out motd

Thought mignolet could have done a lot better today.

Salah has spent too much time training with divock. Felt like a propercontinuation of last seasons woes/positives

He was definitely goal side of last defender. Question was whether he was behind or even with ball - the 2nd offside line. I think his leg was on the wrong side and should have been called, but on review, it was pretty close.

Interfering with mignolet? Nah he's stood there. He looked onside to me but will have to check out motd

Thought mignolet could have done a lot better today.

Salah has spent too much time training with divock. Felt like a propercontinuation of last seasons woes/positives
He was clearly offside when the ball was struck and how can he not be interfering with Ming ? Even just being stood in front of the keeper is classified as interfering. The goal should have been disallowed, not that that negates our responsibility.

He was clearly offside when the ball was struck and how can he not be interfering with Ming ? Even just being stood in front of the keeper is classified as interfering. The goal should have been disallowed, not that that negates our responsibility.
You're wrong . You can absolutely stand in front of the goalkeeper , it only becomes an offense when you move to impede the goalkeeper rather than move for the ball.

Just seen it for the first time this morning. Goal just sums up how bad we are at defending. Awful attempt at a header by Gini. Absolutely no commitment. Then Mignolet palms it into certain danger. Offside was close but it's probably done us a favour by not allowing us to mask over how weak we are by getting away with the 3 points.

Well not really because if we could have defended it we would have been good enough for three points. I think this is where the waveform breaks down into a photon

Last edited:
It was clear as a day an offside. Should be disallowed. having said that we looked fucking vulnerable at the back everytime opponents attacking play and set pieces.

We need a leader at the back.

We need an absolute yard dog of a defender at the back. Someone who'd just twat it out or makes sure he gets his head on everything. No more good on the ball slick looking defenders.

You're wrong . You can absolutely stand in front of the goalkeeper , it only becomes an offense when you move to impede the goalkeeper rather than move for the ball.
Sorry but you're wrong HC. If the player is stood in an offside position next to a keeper, with his arms crossed looking at the sky, when the ball is played it's offside regardless of whether he touches the ball or not or moves or not .. because he is interfering with play by reducing the keeper's options/sight. It's actually why Lallana was given offside even though not touching the ball during the 'Grujic goal' and in fact not even right in front of the keeper.

We need an absolute yard dog of a defender at the back. Someone who'd just twat it out or makes sure he gets his head on everything. No more good on the ball slick looking defenders.

I'm not sure I believe this anymore, every combination of defenders we have played under Rodgers and Klopp has looked comically disjointed. 4 individuals who have no sense of collective strategy. Sahko was meant to be that player, it didn't work for him and I doubt it will work for VanDijk.

Sakho, like all our defenders has a brain fart each game. That's where we conceded most through absolutely stupid decisions by our own players. It isn't a case of Sakho not working out. He's a stupid player who made stupid decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom