• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend’s other games 9-11 February

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be doing "I told you so" posts, I'm not Modo. Obviously we all want to win it. Part of it is probably not wanting to get my hopes up and be swept up by the positivity. I did it when Gerrard slipped. I did it last year in the CL. It's not worth it. It's well better preparing yourself for the worst and being pleasantly surprised when something good happens. It doesn't diminish the joy, while also softening the potential blow.

I'm very numb to it all now. I'm not in a 'we'll win' or 'we won't win' it camp because I've no clue to be honest. I got carried away during our last title run under Rodgers and losing that hurt.
Above you've outlined your modus operandi, I've outlined mine. Some genuinely think we'll win it, some want to just believe.

It's the worst possible time to be playing Utd.

Solskjaer will have them fired up - he'll be desperate to knock us out of the race.

We'll have to be at our absolute best and clinical in front of goal.

City made a huge statement against Chelsea. We need to do likewise against Utd (even bigger test).

I fully expect us to get beat.

I won't be doing "I told you so" posts, I'm not Modo. Obviously we all want to win it. Part of it is probably not wanting to get my hopes up and be swept up by the positivity. I did it when Gerrard slipped. I did it last year in the CL. It's not worth it. It's well better preparing yourself for the worst and being pleasantly surprised when something good happens. It doesn't diminish the joy, while also softening the potential blow.

The past month has been all the same - you are very clearly lining up the I told you so's which is why it is pissing people off that you are spreading the same boring negative content over every thread.

Anyway - looks pretty even according to this but i'm also in the camp of 'we would need to pull out all the stops to win it'

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/?ex_cid=rrpromo

We were at 75% when City lost to Newcastle :(

Reading your posts these last few weeks/months, it seems that you get absolutely no joy out of being a Liverpool fan.
Which is a shame, as most should be enjoying one of the best seasons points wise ever.

I'd rather just enjoy the experience of being in a title race and then be either fucking ecstatic in may or a miserable bastard for a short while.
In the end its just football. You wont die for getting your hopes up.

Solskjaer will have them fired up - he'll be desperate to knock us out of the race.

City made a huge statement against Chelsea. We need to do likewise against Utd (even bigger test).

Yep, I'm looking forward to it but also really dreading it at the same time.

If we win, a massive statement of intent. Bigger than City's demolition of Chelsea.

If we lose, biggest blow to our title hope so far.

If we draw, we go back top but with our last safety net ripped away.

I don't understand joy in a title race. I mean, I'm loving being in it, but I'm not enjoying it.

The feeling of we won it would be unparalleled...but the build up I don't like.

If we were more comfortable, then super. But I don't like being level with a game in hand

I’m enjoying it for sure. It’s about the journey as much as the destination, otherwise might as well tune out til May every year.

The past month has been all the same - you are very clearly lining up the I told you so's which is why it is pissing people off that you are spreading the same boring negative content over every thread.

I can assure you I am not lining up the I told you so's

Winning will be very difficult and Utd will be fired up. I'd be happy with a draw in all honesty. At this rate thats our toughest game on paper left this season.
I know we have Spurs at home, but we can beat anyone at Anfield.
A fired up, newly inspired Utd side with the crowd behind them will be something else of a test.

Reading your posts these last few weeks/months, it seems that you get absolutely no joy out of being a Liverpool fan.
Which is a shame, as most should be enjoying one of the best seasons points wise ever.

I'd rather just enjoy the experience of being in a title race and then be either fucking ecstatic in may or a miserable bastard for a short while.
In the end its just football. You wont die for getting your hopes up.

Yeah I don't enjoy it. I only enjoy it when the game is over and 3 points are in the bag.

As for your final comment. It's football. It's not life or death... It's much more than that.

And to be fair now, if people do want to be negative, that's the prerogative

That person could be having a shit time at the minute, and getting too excited by the club could be the last straw if we didn't win it.

Judgy as fuck on here

Yeah I don't enjoy it. I only enjoy it when the game is over and 3 points are in the bag.

As for your final comment. It's football. It's not life or death... It's much more than that.

Thats not the same though. Not enjoying a game unless we're 2-0, 3-0 up with a few minutes to go. Thats normal. Thats how most feel.
When we score first after a few minutes and take the lead I want the ref to blow for full time.
Having a negative, miserable glass half empty view on most things in every moment and aspect when the game isnt on, is something else. I just cant understand it.
We're in a position that most would love, but we seem desperate to convince ourselves that we've blown our chances already.
But each to their own, whatever works for you mate.

And no, cliche old quote or not. Its just football. But thats my take on it.

And to be fair now, if people do want to be negative, that's the prerogative

That person could be having a shit time at the minute, and getting too excited by the club could be the last straw if we didn't win it.

Judgy as fuck on here

Yes, sure. People can have any view they like. No one is judging anyone.
I'm not the only one finding all this "blowing our title chances already" attitude wierd. Thats got nothing to do with any specific poster.

I love the race.
I understand the angst on here due to the longing for the title, but sit back and enjoy.
For me this is what football is about.
We are still ahead.

Look, we haven't blown or bottled anything. Man City are a ridiculous force to be up against with that squad and endless pots of money. For anyone to even be in with a shout against them is impressive. To be leading against them is outrageous. I'm not diminishing what we've done. It's tremendous.

However, it's rather disheartening when any other season we would be walking it, if it weren't for these corrupt mercenaries. As Fabs said, I'm tempering my own expectations. City have a phenomenal squad, rejuvenated confidence and a decent sit of fixtures. They're favourites.

It's been a great season, but if we don't win it, it will be extremely painful... because we can't really do much more than we already have.

Look, we haven't blown or bottled anything. Man City are a ridiculous force to be up against with that squad and endless pots of money. For anyone to even be in with a shout against them is impressive. To be leading against them is outrageous. I'm not diminishing what we've done. It's tremendous.

However, it's rather disheartening when any other season we would be walking it, if it weren't for these corrupt mercenaries. As Fabs said, I'm tempering my own expectations. City have a phenomenal squad, rejuvenated confidence and a decent sit of fixtures. They're favourites.

It's been a great season, but if we don't win it, it will be extremely painful... because we can't really do much more than we already have.

I agree with every point you've raised - and it is frustrating to have externals (external to LFC fans) equating 'not winning every game' to 'bottling it'

The reason I am personally on your back is that you have spent the past few weeks responding to pretty much every positive or enthusiastic post with the same negative response which is more than just tempering your own expectations but pissing over everyone elses. I'd much rather be where we are than competing for 5th place watching another rival pulling the stops out to be up there fighting.

I agree with every point you've raised - and it is frustrating to have externals (external to LFC fans) equating 'not winning every game' to 'bottling it'

The reason I am personally on your back is that you have spent the past few weeks responding to pretty much every positive or enthusiastic post with the same negative response which is more than just tempering your own expectations but pissing over everyone elses. I'd much rather be where we are than competing for 5th place watching another rival pulling the stops out to be up there fighting.

Yeah, that was pretty much why I commented as well.

Will be a huge test for Henderson/Milner leading the team against them

Utd have been playing very open and their defese is still suspect so there might be a lot of goals in it. Wouldn't be surprised by a 3-3 or something

Watching pog score a peno against us with that run up would fucking hurt. Every slow step a dagger to the heart haha

Reactions: jan
This cunt loves to speak about us ...

[article]Son was booked for diving when he looked to have been fouled by Harry Maguire in the first-half, and Pochettino has not forgotten.

“It was unbelievable, unbelievable. When you compare the situation with the penalty for Leicester, unbelievable. That’s what I said to Michael.

“Then you look at Liverpool and the last minute. Same referee. I’m more relaxed because we won. Do you think that we’re a team trying to cheat a referee? Come on, we’re one of the nicest teams on the pitch.”[/article]

It's the "one of the nicest teams on the pitch" comment that's particularly annoying. Spurs are a very cynical team at times and foul a lot more high up the pitch than most teams to stop opposition attacks before they can start, in an area where players are far less likely to be booked for fouls.

I kinda expect them to attempt to revert to the Maureen template for this game, though it will be difficult to do so after the taste of footballing freedom. Who knows, maybe Phelan will decide to take it to us? The Baby-Smeagol will do as he's fucking telt, evidently. Watching the Fulham game when he and Phelan were chatting it was clear that the no. 1 was doing the listening and the number 2 was doing the bossing.

I kinda expect them to attempt to revert to the Maureen template for this game, though it will be difficult to do so after the taste of footballing freedom. Who knows, maybe Phelan will decide to take it to us? The Baby-Smeagol will do as he's fucking telt, evidently. Watching the Fulham game when he and Phelan were chatting it was clear that the no. 1 was doing the listening and the number 2 was doing the bossing.
I can't see a defensive performance working out for them. They haven't got the ability to do it x

It's the "one of the nicest teams on the pitch" comment that's particularly annoying. Spurs are a very cynical team at times and foul a lot more high up the pitch than most teams to stop opposition attacks before they can start, in an area where players are far less likely to be booked for fouls.

They're horrible, dirty, diving, cheating cunts.

I love that we are in the race still but we can't be considered most likely to win it. There are no medals given for "getting close" - Champions League qualification doesn't count - and we need to win.

Every day, every week is nervy. Sheer joy after every 3 points, agony everytime we drop. Maybe some of you consider this fun and if we win the title I'll look back fondly. But 2014 I remember how it ended more than the joyful journey that took us there.

That a resurgent United has a chance to derail our challenge is about the worst thing I can imagine. If we stuff them it will be amazing but the reverse is unbearable. We're on fine lines right now.

I've had a sinking feeling since the City game that we are now super reliant on 'holding our nerve' for 3-4 games and also hope that City do the opposite in that time. Would be awesome if it happened. I think that if City slip next, we walk away from them. If we slip next, City go on from here to win it.

Winning league titles is not easy. Winning this league title will take some extraordinary performances that will live in the memory for years to come. I cant think of a better way to do that than beating Manchester United at Old Trafford. What a way to get back on our fucking perch. Imagine how crushing it will be to smash them, their realisation the tides have turned. It will be the glorious spark to our final push to the title. We are going to obliterate them, because they are shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom