• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wernot gonna get him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ziege didn't disappoint me, or am i looking back with rose tinted glasses?

There's a difference between a player and his career. Ziege's career with us ultimately didn't work out because we didn't play to his strengths often enough, but he was not remotely "sh!te" as Modo claims. When we beat Roma at their place on our way to the Treble for example, Ziege played LM and was magnificent. Houllier then dropped him without explanation for the next league game, Ziege tackled Houllier about it and no-one who did that with Houllier ever lasted long at LFC.

With Mane's injury, surely buying him now is more prudent than waiting till the summer. We are seriously light as goal scoring threat goes.

With Mane's injury, surely buying him now is more prudent than waiting till the summer. We are seriously light as goal scoring threat goes.
As far as has been reported. His release clause doesn't kick in until the summer.

Therefore unless we offer stupid money, RB Leipzig will reject any bids, they are going for the title.

My point is that our best signings, like Salah, Van Dijk or Torres, had their career best seasons with us. They might have been on an upward trajectory before, but there was a sense of untapped potential at the moment of signing. With Werner I'm getting a sense of him playing at his maximum efficiency at a team that's already built around his strengths.

I certainly know what you mean, but you look at that portgoalio... Yes, portgoalio is what I'm calling it now, and I will not be mocked! You look at that portgoalio, and you think, we score plenty of goals like that. On the one hand, it'd be nice if he was scoring some from possession with his back to goal, but on the other, what if he finishes at a higher rate than our forwards when clean through, which is doable, plus crosses and long balls. Those are things he quite clearly can do, and score a bucketload. In other words we might just play to his strengths at a higher level.

I certainly know what you mean, but you look at that portgoalio... Yes, portgoalio is what I'm calling it now, and I will not be mocked! You look at that portgoalio, and you think, we score plenty of goals like that. On the one hand, it'd be nice if he was scoring some from possession with his back to goal, but on the other, what if he finishes at a higher rate than our forwards when clean through, which is doable, plus crosses and long balls. Those are things he quite clearly can do, and score a bucketload. In other words we might just play to his strengths at a higher level.
Three other major positives for Werner ... his pace would suit us down to the ground, we wouldn't have to change our style of play to accommodate him and finally he is young and if he worked out could be with us for 6-7 years. Perfect for Klopp leaving us in fine fettle which he has promised to do.

Blah blah portgoalio... blah blah bah.

Portgoalio is a keeper. I shall forever-forward see a compilation of goals as a portgoalio.

A word of caution, during the early days of the world wide web, I pushed the use of the term "tripleyou" to be used instead of saying www, each time an internet address was read out. My audience was mostly limited to my wife and kids who thought it was stupid, but I thought it had legs and I've always wondered if the term might have caught on and I would have been credited with inventing the internet.

Dodged a bullet there, I could have become synonymous with the welsh triple ewe fantasy.

Portgoalio is a keeper. I shall forever-forward see a compilation of goals as a portgoalio.

A word of caution, during the early days of the world wide web, I pushed the use of the term "tripleyou" to be used instead of saying www, each time an internet address was read out. My audience was mostly limited to my wife and kids who thought it was stupid, but I thought it had legs and I've always wondered if the term might have caught on and I would have been credited with inventing the internet.

I'm sort of with you in that. I was in a NW uni in the mid-80s and. whilst a Chemistry student,. I helped expand the standardisation of email (you had to actually route each message in the header then by understanding all the individual networks and proving a legal address for each transit network).

When I heard that the knobhead physicists in CERN were promoting this Univerasal Resource nonsense and talking about a world wide interconnection of networks which you wouldn't need to understand to use I was massively skeptical. I had grey book protocol FTP, Gopher and routed email. What more could I possibly want?

There's a difference between a player and his career. Ziege's career with us ultimately didn't work out because we didn't play to his strengths often enough, but he was not remotely "sh!te" as Modo claims. When we beat Roma at their place on our way to the Treble for example, Ziege played LM and was magnificent. Houllier then dropped him without explanation for the next league game, Ziege tackled Houllier about it and no-one who did that with Houllier ever lasted long at LFC.

Agreed, he was frequently very solid, and definitely a good player.

If Werner has got a 51m release clause until the end of April, and he's 23 and has scored 20 in 20 this season in the bundersliga, and he's a full international - we should pay it if he wants to come. We'd get virtually our money back if it went pete tong I'd have thought considering the above.
I'm guessing Klopp would be getting a knock on his office door from the current front 3 if he does sign though. And during contract talks Werner would say 'how much am I going to be playing else I'm not coming to sit on the bench'.

If Werner has got a 51m release clause until the end of April, and he's 23 and has scored 20 in 20 this season in the bundersliga, and he's a full international - we should pay it if he wants to come. We'd get virtually our money back if it went pete tong I'd have thought considering the above.
I'm guessing Klopp would be getting a knock on his office door from the current front 3 if he does sign though. And during contract talks Werner would say 'how much am I going to be playing else I'm not coming to sit on the bench'.
Damn here we go again.

We really need to stop this "sit on the bench' suggestions. 4 players rotating for 3 slots plus injuries means they would play most games. With the Olympics and AFCON next season it'd be even more for a new non-African player.

I wonder how Aguero feels.

50bd8279f5ed033e25e78b9a67ed57f5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom