• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Match thread starter
The game in hand.

Only question mark is the midfield three - will Ox keep his place or will we see all of Fabs, Hendo & Gini starting. I predict the latter.

--------------Alisson--------------
TAA---Gomez---VVD---Robbo
---------------Fabs----------------
--------Hendo-----Gini----------
Salah--------Bobby-------Mane

I doubt Mané will play. Fabinho won’t either after Sunday’s horror show.

It isn’t on in the U.K. You can watch it live on Optus sports, DAZN, NBCSN and BEIN sports if you have access to those channels.

Admittedly i didn't watch Sunday and haven't watched highlights after the result. Was he that poor? Do we think we'd not play him or keep him in to find form?

I doubt Fabinho is ready to play again regardless, after completing 90 mins. He's way off form and needs to take this slowly to get back into it. He'll be on the bench.

Yeah, I couldn't watch the replay of the entire FA cup game but I think many of you were correct in saying that the senior player were absolutely terrible.
Still think it had a lot to do with lack of match fitness, but there was some lack of effort as well.

Anyway. Starting line up should be pretty obvious. Mané will probably not be risked.
If Lallana is back from illness he'll definitely start.
I don't know who will replace Mané.

Admittedly i didn't watch Sunday and haven't watched highlights after the result. Was he that poor? Do we think we'd not play him or keep him in to find form?

He was very poor. Constantly losing the ball by misplacing easy passes. Probably needs a few appearances from the bench until he gets his groove back.

No way fab should be waltzing back into the team after that performance on the weekend.

More importantly is this game on tv in the uk

I have seen enough of Fabs to trust him if he comes in. Ox has not been excelling in his last performances so I would actually say it is between Lallana and Fabs for the third midfield spot tomorrow. And of course Hendersons role will be different depending on who gets the nod.

I have a crazy confidence ahead of this match. Most of it due to West Ham being utterly wank. So this is probably a bad sign as I often get a kick up the bum when this feeling comes. It doesn't come sneaking upon me either, it comes full style.

I totally forgot about this game! Always think the pitch looks massive at that stadium.

I suppose I'd go with Brizzle's team, except maybe not Fabinho, who was fucking awful against Wolves and Shrewsbury.

And is Mane fit? We're in trouble if he is, as nobody else is good enough to replace him

Completely forgot about Mane's injury... so it is probably:

--------------Ox/AL---------------
Salah--------Bobby-------Origi

Completely forgot about Mane's injury... so it is probably:

--------------Ox/AL---------------

Yep, that looks about right.

Is Milner still injured?

Away game and although we're expected to dominate we will still need to bolster the defence for breakaways .. so regardless of how his comeback game went I think we'll see Fabs starting.

---------------Fabs----------------

Suppose it’s possible, he’s left-footed so could come in for Mane in the attacking three, where some people think Origi might play.

Be great to win this though, eh?

Is he left-footed or have I made that up?

His goal against the Ev was right footed so if that was his weaker foot then absolute Kudos. He does seem to play left wing, and did so in his first appearance against Wolves last year so not 100% sure!

There are 2 directions the next few months may go. One - we keep winning and gradually the league becomes an inevitability. Two - we drop a few points here and there, City go on a run like last year, and the game at Etihad at the start of April takes on some significance.
If we can win these next 2 games against West Ham and Southampton before the break we take a big step towards the first, less stressful path. Huge game for me tomorrow, especially as we are without Mane. Have been going through who might fill in on the left. I think Origi will play against Southampton, but Minamino, or maybe move Oxlade there(?), tomorrow. Would not be against Jones or Keita, though.

There are 2 directions the next few months may go. One - we keep winning and gradually the league becomes an inevitability. Two - we drop a few points here and there, City go on a run like last year, and the game at Etihad at the start of April takes on some significance.
If we can win these next 2 games against West Ham and Southampton before the break we take a big step towards the first, less stressful path. Huge game for me tomorrow, especially as we are without Mane. Have been going through who might fill in on the left. I think Origi will play against Southampton, but Minamino, or maybe move Oxlade there(?), tomorrow. Would not be against Jones or Keita, though.
Every game until the title is secured is a "huge" game imo.
The Wolves game was just as important.
It's all bout racking up the points.
We ain't too big to fail, but we do have a tendency to redeem ourselves. We lost he CL final, a year later we won it. We lost the league, this season...?

Reactions: Y1
His goal against the Ev was right footed so if that was his weaker foot then absolute Kudos. He does seem to play left wing, and did so in his first appearance against Wolves last year so not 100% sure!
He's super right footed.

Klopp confirms that Sadio will be back after the winter break, so he'll miss West Ham and Soton. Thankfully not serious, and should play against Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom