• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham Saturday 17:30 BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

momoWASboss

If you take me seriously then you’re an idiot
Looks like wijnaldum and Coutinho are both out.

So it will be Can, Henderson and Milner in the middle. We know Mignolet will be in goal. I expect Gomez back in the side, hopefully at Klavan’s expense but it most likely will be for TAA.

I’d like Sturridge to start. 2 in 2 for him. I thought Firmino was poor last night for long spells but he will get the nod instead of Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Looks like wijnaldum and Coutinho are both out.

So it will be Can, Henderson and Milner in the middle. We know Mignolet will be in goal. I expect Gomez back in the side, hopefully at Klavan’s expense but it most likely will be for TAA.

I’d like Sturridge to start. 2 in 2 for him. I thought Firmino was poor last night for long spells but he will get the nod instead of Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Its away from home so Wijnaldum wouldn't have make any difference anyway. I was hoping Coutinho might be back though.

Maybe he’s “injured” to stop him going on international duty.

Sturridge is "knocking on the door" to fall back on a cliche but given that it's an away game, I fully expect Firmino to start.

Sturridge seems to have found his shooting boots. It would be criminal to not maximise it.

Sturridge seems to have found his shooting boots. It would be criminal to not maximise it.

I was thinking last night ... it seems his confidence is coming back. If it is, we need to put him up front and hope the chances that our team has been missing will fall to him ...

I still refuse to get excited by Sturridge's latest goals. Both were "easy" to score (I know - scoring is never easy...).
I'm not convince by his contribution to the side. Even when he came on for 15 minutes last night, he didn't seem to give a shit about pressing Maribor's players or just run into spaces.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be thrilled if he scores the winner on Saturday, but I'm just cab't see him being the old Daniel Sturridge again.

I still refuse to get excited by Sturridge's latest goals. Both were "easy" to score (I know - scoring is never easy...).
I'm not convince by his contribution to the side. Even when he came on for 15 minutes last night, he didn't seem to give a shit about pressing Maribor's players or just run into spaces.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be thrilled if he scores the winner on Saturday, but I'm just cab't see him being the old Daniel Sturridge again.

Same. He seems to have lost almost all of his pace and acceleration. So is half the player he was. So isn't good enough.

Yeah, he's a better finisher than Firmino, but that's not exactly setting the bar high.

He’ll never be the old Sturridge but he was in the right place at the right time and stuck the ball in the net. Few of our players are doing that.

Now Oxo got a start, I'm changing tact

The fuck has Frankie got to suck to get decent minutes??

No his work rate is shit and always will be shit and he has no pace and acceleration like Brendan has said. BUT being half the player he is i would still rather a chance fell to him in front of goal than any other player. Firm offers better everything else but can't shoot for shit. Sorry i expect my number 9 (false or otherwise) to be banging in 15+ PREMIER LEAGUE goals a season. Anyway sturridge is due an injury soon so lets maximise him before it happens.

If Coutinho is out (and Mane and Lallana too, obviously), there is not much alternative to Sturridge starting, is there? It's either him or Ox in the front 3. So I think he'll play against West Ham and let's hope his good record against them counts for something.

If Coutinho is out (and Mane and Lallana too, obviously), there is not much alternative to Sturridge starting, is there? It's either him or Ox in the front 3.

He didn't start last night, so there is obviously alternatives in Klopp's head

He didn't start last night, so there is obviously alternatives in Klopp's head

Sure, like I said it's either Ox or Studge – Klopp clearly wanted to use this game against Maribor to give Ox a start he "100% deserved." But I think next game will be Sturridge's turn.

Maybe he was rested because of the game on Saturday? I doubt Sturridge would start 3 games in a row in a week seeing as his body these days is made of a combined texture of strings and raw pasta.

I'm expecting:

----------------Mignolet-----------------
TAA-----Matip-----Klavan---Moreno
----------------Hendo--------------------
---------Milner------Can----------------
--Salah-----Firmino-----Studge------

Sure, like I said it's either Ox or Studge – Klopp clearly wanted to use this game against Maribor to give Ox a start he "100% deserved." But I think next game will be Sturridge's turn.
What has Ox done to deserve a start in our team? Would hardly say its 100% deserved.

I'm expecting:

----------------Mignolet-----------------
TAA-----Matip-----Klavan---Moreno
----------------Hendo--------------------
---------Milner------Can----------------
--Salah-----Firmino-----Studge------
Gomez will likely return for Klavan or AA and I think Ox will start on the left in place of Sturridge (who should never be there) the other option is Firmino left and Sturridge centre .. but again Firmino really shouldn't be starting wide anywhere so it's Ox left for me, which would mean Firmino centre and Studge on the bench.

Gomez will likely return for Klavan or AA and I think Ox will start on the left in place of Sturridge (who should never be there) the other option is Firmino left and Sturridge centre .. but again Firmino really shouldn't be starting wide anywhere so it's Ox left for me, which would mean Firmino centre and Studge on the bench.

The way Moreno operates on the left, I think both F & Studge would effectively both be down the middle.. But yeah I agree that you wouldn't really want Studge actually out on the wing.. for the purposes of a starting line up though I think that front 3 will start.

Tricky away game... hopefully they will open a bit up without scoring after zero minutes. And hopefully we are aggressive from start and meet win the fight so we can start playing.....

In our current system wing-forward is probably the best place for Sturridge – especially cutting in from the right. This way Firmino (or, say, Solanke) can do the physical fighting up front, which Sturridge was never able to do, but he would be still central enough to get on the end of chances as our front 3 is very narrow. If it's a straight choice between Sturridge and Ox in the front 3, I would still choose Sturridge at this point.

The thing is - we are missing the 'easy' to score goals so if anyone can do it in our team right now - I will take that person and play him.

Sturridge has a good record against West Ham if memory serves me well.

Yeah.... and of course he will be placed nicely in the shop window as they were sniffing around weren't they.

He has lost a little of his pace and he is not the same player as he was but he is still quick and he is our most consistent finisher and is currently scoring goals. Let's see if he's got some hunger to play again.

Yeah.... and of course he will be placed nicely in the shop window as they were sniffing around weren't they.

He has lost a little of his pace and he is not the same player as he was but he is still quick and he is our most consistent finisher and is currently scoring goals. Let's see if he's got some hunger to play again.

He still has it, in his brains though. You can see him trying his usual tricks from back in the SSS days but his body/legs just couldn't execute it. He falls over like an old man who doesn't have any control of his legs most of the time.

There were a couple of times in the past few matches where the ball was played up to him in the centre. We had many players moving forward but he couldn't offer any resistance to hold onto the ball and the defender took it off him easy to start a counter. We got exposed but due to it being Maribor and Huddersfield it didn't amount to much but better oppositions will punish us no doubt.

He still has it, in his brains though. You can see him trying his usual tricks from back in the SSS days but his body/legs just couldn't execute it. He falls over like an old man who doesn't have any control of his legs most of the time.

There were a couple of times in the past few matches where the ball was played up to him in the centre. We had many players moving forward but he couldn't offer any resistance to hold onto the ball and the defender took it off him easy to start a counter. We got exposed but due to it being Maribor and Huddersfield it didn't amount to much but better oppositions will punish us no doubt.

I still think he's got enough in his locker to play himself into form, I'd give him a go in the team. On another point, you could argue that Firmino isn't really at the races yet either...

I don't know why per se but i'm feeling optimistic for this weekend...

damn it...

I always get nervy when I feel optimistic...

With a number of our best players out over the start of the season.... maybe we ain't that bad are we... could be doing nifty stuff at the business end of the season... awwww fuck it... Optimistic fever has descended upon me....

Mane might get 20 minutes according to Klopp. Coutinho is not a goer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom