• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham United v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gawd. Seeing what I feared.

Shite in the midfield. Lallana is a ghost. Keita is playing shite.

We need Milner/Gini in there. I'd consider bringing on Camacho at RB and moving Milner to CM.

As for the defending at set pieces. It's pretty clear West Ham have figured out the high line. As did Leicester. We need to drop it 5-10 yards deeper.

We need the front 3 to bail us out tonight.

Getting Milner into the middle should be a no brainer.

So Klopp wont do it.

Hes gone weird.

Half time thoughts
1) 1-1 favors us greatly - should really be 2/3-0 to them ... Really poor and ...
2) Is our team cracking under pressure? or are the injuries becoming too much for our team to overcome?
3) Salah is desperate to create something - but he's not getting the ball enough.
4) Firmino - PLEASE PLEASE shoot. Stop passing, and shoot.
5) Mane - our best player again.
6) Keita - he's got 10-25 minutes to save his season or I would keep him in the reserves. He just has no confidence and is struggling to stay 'turned on'.
7) Lallana created the offsides goal but this isn't the game to bring him into - a physical, strong west ham team? That says enough about our crisis in the middle ...
8) Miss Hendo? Yah we do.
9) Miss Gini? Yah we do.
10) Robbo's cross hasn't been as good as it was when the season started ... come now, we need an assist ...
11) Sometimes Alisson just needs to hold the ball and chill.

We need a win here. A drew isn't bad but the pressure is hurting this team and we need some luck/good footy or I worry we'll pull a Spurs (finish 3rd in a 2 horse race)

Usual problems: faffing around at the back (if you're not luring in the forwards, and creating space with movement in midfield, then you're just wasting time and losing momentum - passing sideways and backwards for the sake of it just radiates nerves and lack of confidence); Keita giving the ball away in the middle of the pitch - I can't figure out if it's a lack of concentration or poor eyesight but it's atrocious; and SLOW - everything is far, far, too slow. We're way better than these twats but we've got to show more nous and power and pace than this.

We need to set the pace right and start dictating the game. Right now we are happy to lurk around in their tempo. A few times we have chosen to try in the middle when the flank was wide open. I think we manage to adjust and run away with a 3-1 win. Come on Redmen

He's scored 16 league goals. Which is more than anyone else in the league, never mind just our club

I think it’s more to do with the position he is in, he is more effective in front of the striker or wing. He is not a striker. He and Bobby should be switched.

They are all playing shit too. Except for Mane

giphy.gif

Also, that linesman - how the heck does he qualify as fit enough with that paunch hanging over his shorts?

Are teams picking us more and more? It's time we start doing the same ... helped Palace (Tompkins goal) and now you see Noble picking Keita on Antonio's goal.

Firstly we have a major issue at RB. When they attack Milner might as well not be there and when we attack he is being largely ignored, which means Salah is also sidelined for the most part. Can't we play Camacho at RB and get Milner back into midfield ? We need more steel there, one of Keita and Lallana is fine but together ... I said in the pre-match that our midfield was going to get destroyed by Rice, Noble and Snodgrass.

Are teams picking us more and more? It's time we start doing the same ... helped Palace (Tompkins goal) and now you see Noble picking Keita on Antonio's goal.

Our defensive line is struggeling with the constant change of personell, and playing midfielders out of position.

Loaning out Clyne wasnt the best move.

Firmino Salah Lallana and Keita in particular have all been gash. Pellegrini has cracked our offside trap wide open and we look clueless on every set piece. Some leadership required 2nd half

RIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS!
Get your fan on!

We got this.
45 minutes of dynamic BRILLIANCE coming up.

1-5 final score

Mane
Salah
Salah
Virgil
Shaqiri

I'm getting a bit worried. We've lacked a bit of fight these last 2 games. I hope these players aren't being sucked into all the talk of a title race. There are 14 games to go - which more than a third of the season. A lot of football to be played - so we just need to get our heads down, and grind it out.

Half time thoughts
1) 1-1 favors us greatly - should really be 2/3-0 to them ... Really poor and ...
2) Is our team cracking under pressure? or are the injuries becoming too much for our team to overcome?

Personally I think it's the injuries.

We are a well oiled team when we have the first 11 are playing. When they are not, the balance is all off. For all our much vaunted squad depth at the start of the season, it's really looking like the bare bones now.

I'm distraught that our best chance looks to being blown because of a lack of ambition in January, and a certain amount of stupidity (in letting Clyne go on loan when Gomez was nowhere near back).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom