• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Ham's New Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stadium has been there for years, you never checked out the Olympics.. ??? :D

I wouldn't go if they paid me.. seriously... Bubble Blowing Bollox of a club.. I've always hated the Hammers.. The FA bum chums club.. I couldn't be seen contributing toward that club at all...

Westttttttttttttt Haaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm

I would only go to an 'away game' that Involved Liverpool at this stadium..

Spend your money on supporting a Local club that need it.. Like Orient...

I go to watch quite a few random games in the area... There are few better ways to spend an evening that watching a footy game and I have mates with STs at most of the local ones... Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham (never been to Spurs..).. Palace is still on my list to visit. Ive been to some of the smaller teams but they're a bit more of a trek to get to e.g. Brentford/ Barnet.

And I went to the olympic stadium twice during the olympics but thats a bit different to watching a footy game there and have been to the park in general about 10 times for various other things e.g. use the swimming pool, watch cycling etc..

Theirs a huge difference going to the game, and watching them on the TV...
There is for sure. It poses an interesting question though. Is it wrong to watch another team play? At their ground with their fans? It might feel a bit weird but personally I'm cool with it. I once watched fucking Leeds and Stoke play in the respective home stands. That was an experience I tell you! :D

And I went to the olympic stadium twice during the olympics but thats a bit different to watching a footy game there and have been to the park in general about 10 times for various other things e.g. use the swimming pool, watch cycling etc..
My mate (who you met actually) helped design the Olympic park. It's boss!

Agreed - great area. Have a few friends who bought flats in the area too. I like the Westfield too, decent bars and places to eat.

This whole thread is about the massive savings that West Ham are making from the stadium, so inferring that going to watch a game there is going to impact their financial standing is pretty irrelevant. Each to their own though.

Points the same though, you're allowed to watch football other than that of the team you support.

I wonder how many people would pay to watch a game of football that doesn't feature Liverpool?

I'd have to be very, very bored. I don't really watch matches on TV that don't feature Liverpool, although I do watch MoTD. It's shorter, for a start.

I wonder how many people would pay to watch a game of football that doesn't feature Liverpool?

I'd have to be very, very bored. I don't really watch matches on TV that don't feature Liverpool, although I do watch MoTD. It's shorter, for a start.

The midweek cup or Euro games at West Hame/ Chelsea/ Arsenal quite often end up being about £15/£20 - i've been a few times with people from work on a whim as someone in the day suggests getting food and then going along. Usually works out with a net benefit as we'll just expense the food as a staff event.. Haven't done so for a couple of seasons other than a few trips to the Emirates as a good friend generally has a spare ticket in his group of STs.

Yeh, i do agree, I struggle to watch other teams unless it's a big game, even then it can be a chore. Difference with above though is I have a lot of West Ham supporting friends, so it's more an excuse to go out for a drink and watch football / see the new stadium.

I rarely do it but on occasion I find myself with a ticket. I quite like going along. Back in the day it was a good excuse to get pissed up and hang with some mates. Bit different now but do enjoy watching any sport live. Cricket being an obvious favourite.

Despite what some on here might say The Emirates is a beautiful place to watch a bit of footy. It's just a shame the team that plays there are a bunch of boring shit house fanny's. Nothing and I mean NOTHING beats Anfield of course. Fucking magic innit! :)

There is for sure. It poses an interesting question though. Is it wrong to watch another team play? At their ground with their fans? It might feel a bit weird but personally I'm cool with it. I once watched fucking Leeds and Stoke play in the respective home stands. That was an experience I tell you! :D
No nothing wrong with that.. Just not West Ham... [emoji16].. Arsenal.. Chelsea.. Everton.. Man Utd.. Etc etc..

In seriousness, I usually go to watch the smaller clubs in the Lower Leagues.. Tbh I actually prefer it sometimes.. Some lower League clubs still have soul... Its like the way football used to be...

I have an old friend who has a Liverpool Season Ticket, he loans his out and spends his season travelling the country watching games at random grounds in the Lower Leagues.. He argues at these grounds with the atmosphere it's how football should be.. The clubs still have soul..

Last edited:
Fair play to them, it looks good.

13901591_1248094475223766_7907228569921355349_n.jpg

To be fair they only rent it for between 19 and 25 days out of 365 for that amount of money. I dont think its as good a deal as people think.
They are now a club with no home. Who can make ZERO cash out of their ground on any other day.
Stadium tours, restaurants, gigs etc. They will make nothing.

To be fair they only rent it for between 19 and 25 days out of 365 for that amount of money. I dont think its as good a deal as people think.
They are now a club with no home. Who can make ZERO cash out of their ground on any other day.
Stadium tours, restaurants, gigs etc. They will make nothing.
But they also wouldn't have to spend 300-500m on development. And I'm guessing they're selling their current property? That'll be worth some cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom