• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What do you want from this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

I'm not talking specifically league position, I'm talking anything, to see a player improve nicely, to see us spank Arsenal again, to get through to the champions league knock off rounds, more mouthwatering sexy attacking football, to see Skrtel score an overhead kick, anything.

For me, the one thing I want to see more than anything is us winning something. I hate it when clubs and fans settle into the mentality that not winning anything is okay, as long as you stay with the status quo. It's been three years since we've won anything, and whilst that number is fine for certain London based clubs, it's not fine for Liverpool, I don't care what it is that we win, but I want a trophy this season, and I think it's time Brendan delivered one.

What about you?

I'm not talking specifically league position, I'm talking anything, to see a player improve nicely, to see us spank Arsenal again, to get through to the champions league knock off rounds, more mouthwatering sexy attacking football, to see Skrtel score an overhead kick, anything.

For me, the one thing I want to see more than anything is us winning something. I hate it when clubs and fans settle into the mentality that not winning anything is okay, as long as you stay with the status quo. It's been three years since we've won anything, and whilst that number is fine for certain London based clubs, it's not fine for Liverpool, I don't care what it is that we win, but I want a trophy this season, and I think it's time Brendan delivered one.

What about you?

I want us to win the league. That's all.

Yeah, the league is the obvious goal, but with CL participation, it does make it more difficult, plus it'll be difficult to "top" last season. Ideally the safety net would be a top four finish and a cup, but anything other than a reasonable stint at a title challenge would be a bit gutting. We need to lay the ghosts of our previous to "challenges" to rest, where we went tits up immediately afterwards.

Finish at least 3rd in the league
Qualify from the CL group stages
Win a cup
Win all our home games against the other top 6 clubs
At least draw all our away games against these clubs
Play sexy football
Blood a few exciting youngsters in the cups
Buy an exciting player or two in the winter transfer window
Keep at least 12 clean sheets in the league
Sturridge to net 20+ league goals again
Sterling to score 12 league goals from wide / AM positions, and add another 6 as a backup striker
Lambert to score 8+ league goals
Coutinho to notch so many asists we give up counting
Henderson to win the PFA POTY award and be made captain at the end of the season
Sterling to win the YPOTY award and sign a new contract at the end of the season
Can to introduce himself emphatically to every league team by taking their hardest man on and making him cry
---
Do the double over Everton
Give Mourinho and Van Gaal ashen faces en route to nicking a lucky win over Chelsea and bashing the Mancs in
Destroy Newcastle and Spurs home and away
Relegate Aston Villa
Beat Palace 6 fucking nil home and away
Destroy QPR and West Ham, kicking them into / near the relegation zone and earning Redknapp and Allardyce the sack

Not asking for a lot really... I'll add on later what I left out now.

It'll be interesting to see how Rodgers does in the CL. He's shown a good tactical astuteness against Premiership sides, now he's got to do it against the cream of Europe. It'll be similarly interesting to see how the likes of Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge measure up against Europe's best.

It'll be interesting to see how Rodgers does in the CL. He's shown a good tactical astuteness against Premiership sides, now he's got to do it against the cream of Europe. It'll be similarly interesting to see how the likes of Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge measure up against Europe's best.

We really need to get our of the group stages so we don't have to deal with the Europa League and its extended schedules (I think).

A top 4 place and the FA Cup or Europa League trophy (if we end up in it) would be a great season.

We could really do with winning something though and realistically we ain't going to be winning the league or CL, winning the Europa League would be more than a job well done for us, wouldn't matter where we finished in the league either.

I want us to annihilate one of the boss teams in the CL

I fully expect this to happen, we wont win the competition because we dont have the defence but most of the CL is a set cartel who play each other every year, we are a wild card this season and play a very attacking style of football. I think we could shred a few sides before eventually losing to a team who grind us down

The obvious is also what I want to see because it will shut so many of those loud-mouthed obtuse Mancs up ... us finish in the Top 4 (prefer Top 3) and them finish 5th/6th.

Progress to CL 1/8 at least, to mark our territory by pissing higher up the pole and show prospective top quality players what they could be a part of.

most of all, consistancy. i dont want to go into a match wondering if we are going to play well or do a Hull away job. if we play good attacking football consistantly throughout the season, trophies will follow.

Top 4 finish
Qualify from the group stages of the CL
Quarter final in the FA cup

Worthington cup - dont care

I want us to consolidate, to finish top 3 again and put up a good showing in the CL. That means getting out of the group phase and making the last 8 or last 16 depending upon who we draw.

Most importantly - Top 4. Ideally Top 3 so we can get our business done early the next summer and continue to build.
FA cup win/run to semis/final
Quarter Finals of CL
League cup - meh - youngsters to have a run to the quarters and beyond.

Re-announce ourselves in the CL by going a long way. Stay in the top 4. Win a trophy of any description.

With the massive boost to the cl money from next season we must try for a top four finish. It was the stated aim last year and look where it got us - one slip from a title. That alone is going to be much more difficult than last season.

Top four place as a minimum, but I'm looking for another genuine title challenge. I don't agree with those who say we don't have a chance - we supposedly didn't last season either, and look what nearly happened there.

To me this is WAY more important than winning any of the cups. The domestic ones are window-dressing and I don't think the CL is within our grasp - yet. I want us building a new dynasty and you can only do that if you're a regular challenger for your home league title.

With the massive boost to the cl money from next season we must try for a top four finish. It was the stated aim last year and look where it got us - one slip Red Card from a title. That alone is going to be much more difficult than last season.

Corrected that for you.

To show that as much as we miss suarez, we can thrive without him. No player is bigger than ze club

Top 3 and challenging throughout.
Trip to Wembley (FA Cup semi at least)
Not get embarrassed in CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom