• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who do you want ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year we needed someone who was a jump up in quality from Ings and Solanke, so Shaq was a great singing, even though he was a bit hot and cold from time to time. This year, we probably need someone between his quality and that of the three lads.

Yea, they will prob be subs, but it takes that dependence and a little pressure away from our front three. Divock probably stays on.

Also, surely Griezmann’s head has been turned by us, right?

I'd take James Maddison in a heartbeat but not 100% sure where he'd fit in our system. Might not have the discipline to be a #8. Great flair player with impressive passing range.

Showed he could be a very decent #10 or #8 this year - one of the best on the pitch against Man City in the #10 role. And, with Fabinho and Hendo or Gini alongside, I would not be concerned. Could rotate with Keita and Ox (who could also play in place of Hendo and Gini in place of Fab). Maddison would be a great long-term option if we lose Milner.

I want quality backup for front 3 and a creative mid, or maybe a right back if they decide to let Trent do that role.

Not sure we should be messing with the full backs though tbh.

From what I've seen Pepe or Sancho would be just fine for the forward. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

A replacement for Milner should be on our radar too, if such a player exists.

Not sure about a CB. Gomez is fantastic if he can actually stay fit. I don't think it's worth signing another squad option as Matip and Lovren more or less cover that, again with the caveat of injuries.

Then I'd just sign any top young player who becomes available. Sessegnon or Brandt etc

Now that we are in successive CL finals and a genuine challenger for league titles we can definitely attract a decent understudy for Frimino or someone to rotate with him. Before it was a case of 'why would player x come here to sit on the bench', but now we can offer game time due to the fact we're challenging on all fronts.

So.... let's get cover at LB and cover up front. IF Klopp wants to sign someone to go straight into the first team then ever better. I am all for improving any area of the team.
It's mad to say but Keita and Fabinho should start next season as the players we expected them to be right from the off. I hope Milner stays another year and I don't see any reason for him leave, bar joining Leeds, but he can do that in a year or two on a free transfer.

Totally agree - "IF Klopp wants to sign someone to go straight into the first team then ever better. I am all for improving any area of the team."

We shouldn't forget that we essentially quit the other cup competitions early on so we could focus our limited resources on the league and CL. We need more than just 1 or 2 players unless that's the plan every season.

Depending on our spending power this summer, I'd like to add to these positions, in order of importance...

1. Top quality alternative for any of the front 3 positions.
2. An attacking / creative midfielder.
3. Full back cover.
4. Another CB - I don't understand why nobody (anywhere) is focusing on Toby Adlerweirald (or however you spell it) is available for only 25m.

And we must keep Milner. We can win the league with this team... Why wouldn't he want to stay another year or two?

Now that we are in successive CL finals and a genuine challenger for league titles we can definitely attract a decent understudy for Frimino or someone to rotate with him. Before it was a case of 'why would player x come here to sit on the bench', but now we can offer game time due to the fact we're challenging on all fronts.
I think Brewster is likely to take that place. He's very highly rated by the coaching staff, they say some of his finishing in training, they have never seen anything like it. Last times I heard things like that, it was Fowler coming through.

It's going to be difficult to improve a side that finishes with 97 points but that's the job the club faces this summer.

We have the odd issue with depth but overall it's a great squad. Operating on the assumption that we keep everyone we want to, what additions would you make ?

Ideally, I would add another versatile forward and probably an offensive minded midfielder.

The names I'd have on the versatile forward list would be:

Richarlison
Jadon Sancho
Luka Jovic
Nicolas Pepe
Or probably the less versatile Piatek from Milan who looks like a born goalscorer.

In midfield:
We've been linked with Ruben Neves, who I like.
I'd also consider Aouar at Lyon, maybe Fekir too.
De Beek of Ajax.

We need some depth at full back but if Hoever continues to develop quickly he might be a legitimate option at RB. I don't know who would be a decent backup option on the left.

Milner is pushing up now and has been a versatile player suitable for numerous positions, so maybe we need another player of his variety.

Cover for our front 3 would also be useful to us, so a good attacking midfielder/forward. I also like that Neves lad at Wolves.

Something we have benefitted from enormously these last 18 months is blatant evil pace... I'd like whomever we buy to be quick to fit in with that.

as Moreno moves off we will need cover for Robertson, the lad is a machine but at the same time we do need cover.

It is positive generally, we are very strong and for the first time in a very very VERY long time we do have good squad depth, this means we can invest in really good up and coming young players and still maintain a strong team.

Brandt, Zeyich, Kieren Tierney, and possibly De Ligt and if our young GK are not upto scratch then a GK.
The driftwood
Moreno - will leave free
Lallana - small fee maybe attainable
Sturridge - will leave free
Ming - small fee maybe attainable
Ings - £20m plus
Clyne - £20m plus

Other possible departures
Origi - £30m
Grujic -£35m
Lovren - £20m
Lovren isn't going anywhere and everyone can forget jumping on the De Ligt bandwagon. I think Klopp is quite happy with our 4 CBS (with Lovren at #4 and Hoever coming through) and why wouldn't he be when we conceded the least amount of goals in the PL and Jomez will be back next season too.

Sadly with Keita and OX next season, I don't think we will see that unless the AM purchased can be versatile and also play in the front 3..
Rubbish. What have midfielders got to do with adding to our forward line? We need someone to replace Sturridge and I'm sure we'll get him to add to Brewster and Origi. There is no way Klopp is going to rely solely on an unproven Brewster to back up Firmino. A versatile fast goal scoring forward who can play left right or centre. Not asking for much at all.

Last edited:
This is a big summer for us. We need to show that this isn't like previous times and we're here to stay.

For that reason, fuck the whole stick with what we've got, rely on Origi and Brewster or whoever.

We've been pretty lucky with injuries in the last couple seasons and despite that have still suffered due to our lack of depth in key areas. We've always been one or two injuries away from our season being a bust.

We need at least one top class forward to come in, an attacking midfielder in the City mould (e.g. Silva) to give us the option of changing things up and at least one fullback.

That's the bare minimum.
Its pointless to say 'fuck sticking with Brewster and Origi when Klopp has already stated they will be part of the first team squad next season.

We just need to look at replacements for those outbound.

Last edited:
We need reliable LB cover, a number 10 type, and another forward possibly.

If Origi this season has taught us anything it's that if you come back off loan improved and hungry you've got a chance. I'd imagine Klopp will taken a good look at Wilson, Woodburn, Grujic, Ings, Kent, and a couple of others.

But it all depends on who he lets go. Milner? Sturridge? Who knows?
There's no chance in Hell Milner won't sign a new one year contract. #Glue. And Klopp knows it. We'll need his experience next season if we are to win the PL.

In: Zeyich, Tierney, Werner
Out: Sturridge, Ming, Lallana, Clyne, Moreno, Randall
Recall: Grujic, Wilson
Promote: Kelleher

In: Zeyich, Tierney, Werner
Out: Sturridge, Ming, Lallana, Clyne, Moreno, Randall
Recall: Grujic, Wilson
Promote: Kelleher
I'd love Buffon for a season. And he might just come.

I wanted Tierney before Robertson (WTF do I know) but I doubt he'll come to us or go to United (where he's being touted) with Robbo and Shaw (United's POTY) likely to keep him on the bench.

BBC

Although they were keen on Brandt in the window before Mohamed Salah was signed, the 23-year-old realised he would not be guaranteed a starting place and decided to stay put. That predicament would be worse for him at Liverpool now and, with that in mind, his £21.5m release clause along with a probable five-year contract and agent fee is not viable.

Similar applies for RB Leipzig's Timo Werner and, previously, the Chelsea-bound Christian Pulisic. Why come to fight for a place when you can be first choice elsewhere?

Liverpool's pursuit of Nabil Fekir a year ago was genuine and at the time he fitted the bill. But in the end Shaqiri was signed, Klopp reworked the shape of his attack and experimented with other players, and he has Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to return. So as things stand Fekir, Brandt and Werner are not targets.

The unforeseen circumstances mentioned above would include a serious injury occurring or a key player demanding to leave. That said, Liverpool proved with Coutinho they are prepared to give a hard 'no', take the moral high ground and do things on their terms.

Among the players Paris St-Germain boss Thomas Tuchel has eyes on is Roberto Firmino, but it's not something the Reds would even consider.

Its pointless to say 'fuck sticking with Brewster and Origi when Klopp has already stated they will be part of the first team squad next season.

We just need to look at replacements for those outbound.

I know they’ll be part of the team, what I mean is as our primary backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom